It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror suspect's online posts detail 'loneliness'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Terror suspect's online posts detail 'loneliness'

www.msnbc.msn.com

The 23-year-old Nigerian man accused of the attempted Christmas Day bombing of an American airliner apparently turned to the Internet for counseling and companionship, writing in an online forum that he was "lonely" and had "never found a true Muslim friend."

"I have no one to speak too [sic]," read a posting from January 2005, when Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab was attending boarding school. "No one to consult, no one to support me and I feel depressed and lonely. I do not know what to do. And then I think this loneliness leads me to other problems."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
So they use a blog from almost 5 years ago to show that this man needed help and was on the road to extremism eh?

When will the terror propaganda stop? I mean granted this was all a big ploy to up security at airports and allow homeland security a tighter rope around our necks, but come on now.

The Washington Post reviewed 300 online postings under the name "farouk1986" (a combination of Abdulmutallab's middle name and birth year).

Why don't you dumb it down a wee bit more MSNBC.

'Devoted Muslim'
Abdulmutallab, the youngest of 16 children and the son of the second of his father's two wives, was raised at the family home in Kaduna, a city in Nigeria's Muslim-dominated north. At boarding school, Farouk was easygoing and studious, earning the sobriquet "Alfa," a local term for Muslim clerics, because of his penchant for preaching Islam to colleagues, according to family members.

"Farouk was a devoted Muslim who took his religion seriously and was committed to his studies," said an uncle. "He was such a brilliant boy and nobody in the family had the slightest thought he could do something as insane as this."

You know it's always really funny when they use sources like "an uncle" or "family". I mean do they really expect us to buy this crap.

It's the famous " He was a devoted Muslim, so we know he was a terrorist" tag line we are all so familiar with.

Any thoughts ATS?

~Keeper

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join