It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin asking for exchange of military technology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Putin announced today that Russia is seeking an exchange of military technology with the US. To me that statement makes no sense. Can somebody shed light on it? Have the US and Russia exchanged that kind of info in the past? Why would any country be willing forfeit their strategic advantage in one area by doing so? Maybe there is a common threat to both nations that we don't know about?

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 29-12-2009 by Nichiren]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Nichiren

If you listen to al bielek, he said they made all the nuclear weapons, as a deterrent against alien invasion. Like if they came we would destroy our planet rather than handing it over to them.

That scenario made sense to me, but maybe not while the cold war was still on. But look back today and you can see it may of been the reason, for all the nukes, as we where not going to blow ourselves up.

[edit on 12/29/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
More demagoguery from the Russians. They already don't have any reason to fear the US missile defense simply because of the number and sophistication of delivery systems they can deploy. Target saturation is a trademark of Russian military thought. If they decide to strike, there is nothing in the world that can stop them. Same applies to the US, of course.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

why would they make an anouncement about somthing like that ?me thinks somthing fishy going on. also i think its quite plausable that our nuclear weapons capability is a strategic defense against ets why would otherwise logical countries build a stockpile of weapons that could potentialy crack the earth in two to use on each other ??? its got me thinking

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Russia needs to develop "offensive strike systems" to preserve strategic balance with the United States, without producing its own missile defense, Prime Minister Vladimir Putin said Tuesday.

SOURCE: www.cnn.com...

Has this guy lost his marbles or has the US government?

Putin wants the U.S. to give him weapon technology in order to preserve strategic balance with the United States

Why would the U.S. want to "balance the playing field"? Does Russia have something that we want/need? Otherwise, how does this make any sense, strategically speaking?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

I hear you loud and clear. Putin's statement just doesn't make sense ... I really wonder what is really going on ???

new topics

top topics

join