It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben Stein calls Ron Paul Antisemitic on Larry King

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Ben Stein calls Ron Paul Antisemitic on Larry King

Ron Paul appeared on Larry King Live on CNN this evening along with Ben Stein and Sheila Jackson Lee to discuss the recent thwarted terrorist attack. After Paul gives his now famous view that they “attack us because we are over there” Ben Stein calls Paul antisemitic which solicits a demand for an apology by Paul. Paul characterizes it as a “vicious attack”.

The two continue arguing over one another for nearly the rest of the entire segment.

(visit the link for the full news article)
libertymaven.com...

[edit on 29-12-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
What is with this word?
AntiSemitic?

It is possibly the most misused word on the face of this planet!

How is talking about a fact antisemitic?
Isn't denying that fact anti-reality?

At the end of the day it is what it is, and what it is is a derailing of the topic.

It's easier to derail the topic with words like antisemetic then to continue debating when you have no ammo as retorts.

Very sad, very disgusting!

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Wow, just wow.

I would appreciate more subtlety from the factors of Zionist Cabal that runs the United States. Basically, if they don't like the way you wipe your behind, they will call it "antisemitic".

It is a vicious attack, and a stupid one at that. But wait, this is not the stupidest thing that this Zionist said. Look in Wikipedia:

Stein has publicly denounced the theory of evolution, which he and other intelligent design advocates term "Darwinism," declaring it to be "a painful, bloody chapter in the history of ideologies," "the most compelling argument yet for Imperialism," and the inspiration for the Holocaust.

How's that?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Ben Stein is a zionist pig. Nothing more nothing less. It has nothing to do with being a Jew and everything to do with being a Zionist. Two VERY different labels. Ben Stein is a douchebag and should go back to doing Visine commercials. Ron Paul is a REAL American patriot and speaks for the people!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Dear Powers that Be,

As you know I never went to school and can be slow on the uptake sometimes where political correctness is concerned.

Please clarify the following for me as I do so much want to be a model citizen.

I am supposed to hate Muslims but love Christians and Jews?

Being anti-Muslim is good, being anti-Jewish is bad?

I am supposed to hate people who love the Constitution but love that our Congress passes laws that they don’t even author let alone read?

I am supposed to hate communism because it is the state regulating everything and distributing everything to the citizens not based on productivity but uniformity?

I am supposed to love capitalism because the state regulates everything and only distributes to the wealthiest and the poorest not based on productivity but gaining favor from one and votes from the other?

I am trying so hard to get these things right so I can be a good citizen and stay out of the camps and off the terrorist watch lists.

Please help!

Oh how am I supposed to feel about Hindus and Buddhists?

Thanks!

Your mindless slave,

Protoplasmic Traveler

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Ben Stein is an idiot

Ron Paul is an idiot

.. Debate+Idiot+idiot = Idiotic debate ......

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I love how the US look's to their celeb's for guidance. Who cares what Ben Stein thinks or what his opinions are.

If I were Ron Paul I wouldn't have let Ben get in a single word.

I would have been repeating " Bueller...Bueller" the whole time.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by DazE777]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DazE777
I love how the US look's to their celeb's for guidance. Who cares what Ben Stein thinks or what his opinions are.

He used to write speeches for presidents Nixon and Ford. This doesn't make him less of a douche bag, I suppose. He also made hilariously optimistic prediction on mortgages and financial markets right before the big crash. It's amazing what sort of people get to be celebs.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Typical emotional Attack...

Instead of refuting an argument, he throws an ad homenim attack at Ron Paul.

The argument is designed to shut down Mr. Paul, and anyone who disagrees.

Luckily, Mr Paul knows EXACTLY what this sort of thing IS, and WHY it is used.

In summation, Ron Paul: 1, Ben Stein: 0

-Edrick

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
How is talking about a fact antisemitic?
Isn't denying that fact anti-reality?

WTF was Ben Stein thinking ?

I really don't get why he called that the same old antisemitic argument.

What an outrageous comment. He should explain himself.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Polynomial C

Yeah Ron Paul is a real idiot. A flight surgeon, a conservative/libertarian politician who has voted his entire political career consistently and in what he believes in. A politician who actually CARES about his country and the Consitutition. Among everyone else in Washington yeah he's a real idiot???????? You're the idiot and a chump. I may not agree with everything Ron Paul says or all of his beliefs. I get sick of the whole Ron Paul, free market, libertarian mumbo jumbo myself. There is definitely a cult following behind Ron Paul that has alienated a lot of people. But Ron Paul is one of the most honest voices in politics and sticks by what he believes in. He really cares about the direction of this country. He's not the BEST candidate only better than everyone else. Kind of like capitalism. It's not the best system out there.......it's simply better than anything else. And until we have the perfect candidate (will that ever happen) Ron Paul is the better choice and has my vote no matter what.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
There is definitely a cult following behind Ron Paul that has alienated a lot of people.

I have never seen evidence for a Ron Paul cult, however, since your making the accusations could you please show us where some evidence is?

However, one thing I have seen is, a lot of people spreading misinformation and misleading posts about Dr Paul.

The good thing is, that I am smart enough to read between the lines and think for myself.

I am glad I think for myself and do not allow others to drown me in their ignorance.

Now, if you wanna talk about cults, lets get realistic here. Oprah, Obama, Palin, Glenn Beck, etc.
THESE people have CULT followings more so than Dr Paul (whom 90% of Americans still have never heard of...)

[edit on 29-12-2009 by muzzleflash]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

You are evidence of a Ron Paul Cult ..

People like you call him DR.Paul .. are you serious ??

People like you follow him blindly .. and praise every single word he says .. even though what he says is one of the most insane things a politician could say ..

People like you Defend him to the death, attack like lions when people debate/discredits him ..

I may be an Obama-head .. but you are a freaking Ron Paul cult sheep ..

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Polynomial C

.. even though what he says is one of the most insane things a politician could say ..

Yeah, the TRUTH!

I may be an Obama-head .. but you are a freaking Ron Paul cult sheep ..

The difference is, people who support Ron Paul can look back a clips of him years ago predicting what's going on today. The dude has been right all along. All that takes is observation. Something Obamanauts seem to lack.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Ummmm go over to several of the Ron Paul forums and hang out.. I'm an active member over at www.ronpaulforums.com Some of the more hardcore capitalist/libertarian opinions, almost borderline anarchist beliefs are disgusting. I'm as much as a free market proponent and individual rights person as anyone. I see the excess and corruption that is government as much as anyone else. However, some of the Ron Paul followers, not some MANY are borderline anarchists. The biggest problem I have with these Ron Paul nutters is their economic beliefs. They want to blame everything on government. Government this government that. Well the corporate and private sectors of the economy are just as corrupt and tyrannical as the government. Bottomline is people are more greedy in this world nowadays than ever. Greed is something that Ron Paulers and libertarians down play every chance they get. Ron Paul and many of his followers see nothing wrong with the disgusting amount of wealth individuals have as long as they made it from the free market. It just gets old and silly. The free market is fallible just like anything else. Austrian economics is not the answer to all the world's problems.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
You know what my problem with all of this is?

If Larry King were actually a journalist who gave a damn about what went on on his program, he would have told both of them to shut up and called out Ben Stein for this ridiculous attack.

But I am sure in his mind all he saw was ratings, ratings and ratings.

This is digusting, the ammount of crap that is allowed on "Investigative Journalism" shows and political talk shows like Larry King is downright shamefull.

No hard questions, and they allow a man who has no business being there other than being a political pundit, make a really wrong and un-called for remark when somebody asked him a simple question.

I swear the days of accountability are gone.

~Keeper

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

You know what my problem with all of this is?

If Larry King were actually a journalist who gave a damn about what went on on his program, he would have told both of them to shut up and called out Ben Stein for this ridiculous attack.

But I am sure in his mind all he saw was ratings, ratings and ratings.

This is digusting, the ammount of crap that is allowed on "Investigative Journalism" shows and political talk shows like Larry King is downright shamefull.

No hard questions, and they allow a man who has no business being there other than being a political pundit, make a really wrong and un-called for remark when somebody asked him a simple question.

I swear the days of accountability are gone.

This is exactly what I was hitting on in my Stein/Paul thread. The one that was posted like 5 hours before this one. The one that's not a duplicate. Because i did a search. Why is larry still on the air...he has to be the worst interviewer on TV.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Ben Stein probably wanted to put Ron Paul and his family into a camp and Paul refused, making him anti-semetic.

But seriously, maybe this is a good thing because it will bring to light some of the propaganda tactics and social engineering used by the Israelis to get their way on the world stage.

People will watch and think, "WTF? That's ridiculous! Ron Paul certainly is not an anti-semite." Then something will go off in their brain and they'll realize the whole anti-semite label, or even threat of it, is a control mechanism.

Thank you Ben Stein, for freely being the arrogant moron that you are, on international TV.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
Why is larry still on the air...he has to be the worst interviewer on TV.

You have a few over there in america that are rubbish. Larry is not as bad as letterman.

On topic, this is just a ploy to try and shut ron paul up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join