It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LaGrange Park IL Pig Darren Pedota tasers man 11 times for having a diabetic seisure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

(CN) - A suburban Chicago police officer Tasered a man 11 times while he was having a diabetic seizure, and the 56 seconds of needlessly inflicted electric shock, "inflicted ... while he was lying unresponsive on the floor of his bedroom, permanently scarred [him] and caused him neurological damage that has not abated," the man claims in Chicago Federal Court.

Prospero Lassi says he suffered a diabetes-induced seizure at home on April 9. His roommate called 911, and police from LaGrange Park and Brookfield responded, with EMTs from LaGrange Park.

Lassi says his roommate explained to police that he was having a diabetic seizure. Lassi "was not alert and could not move his body."

When the EMTs asked the cops to help them move Lassi from where he was lying on the floor, Lassi says, one of his "arms flailed during his diabetes-induced seizure, striking one of the LaGrange and Brookfield defendants. At no time did Mr. Lassi intentionally strike or offensively touch any of the LaGrange or Brookfield defendants."

Lassi says LaGrange Park Officer Darren Pedota responded by Tasering him 11 times, for nearly a minute, as he lay helpless.

www.courthousenews.com...

[mod edit: added required external source tags]

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sites; please post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Pig Pedota tortured the man.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Not surprised at all. I bet the cop would've shot the guy with his sidearm if he didn't have the tazer on him...

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Worthless pig indeed!

With each successive story of this kind (and they seem to be more and more frequent) I have a harder time determining the difference between the thugs behind bars and the thugs with badges that put them there. What an utter scumbag! May karma make the rest of his life unbearable!

IRM :shk:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Unauthorized touch is forbidden in society. Everyone should know this and beware.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by PSUSA

That oughta teach him to assault a police officer!

Man, I think the cop should have shot him in the back of the head with a 9mm. You just never know when someone is going to assault you.

When you least expect it, that is when you get assaulted the worst. Like being in a diabetic coma, you would think that being in a diabetic coma would prevent a dangerous perp from assaulting a police officer. NO! When someone claims to be in a diabetic coma, you taze them. And you taze them good.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I agree. Doesn't one of the larger thug gangs wear blue as well.......crips/cops.....whats the difference?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I agree. Doesn't one of the larger thug gangs wear blue as well.......crips/cops.....whats the difference?

One goes straight to jail and the other one goes on 'vacation' with full pay.

IRM

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Wow! You're as sarcastic as I am...

I see a silver lining to this cloud though.

Things like this do not happen in a vacuum. Now he, his relatives/friends/co-workers/neighbors and the people they know etc. , now know what pigs do, and think they can get away with.

Some people need a good whack upside the head to wake them up.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Thinking about this reminded me of another incident.

Pigs tasered a 16 y/o boy about 19 times AFTER he fell off an overpass and broke his back. The pigs found him, then tasered the crap out of him.

He pissed off the pigs because he could not follow their orders. Not "would not" but "could not". Due to the broken back, you know...
Perhaps the pigs thought about 2 dozen taser shots would miraculously repair his broken back and enable him to "comply".

Here it is: www.ky3.com...

As far as I know, the herd of pigs is still out there protecting and serving, and storing up wrath.

[edit on 29/12/09 by PSUSA]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PSUSA
reply to post by downtown436

Wow! You're as sarcastic as I am...

I see a silver lining to this cloud though.

Things like this do not happen in a vacuum. Now he, his relatives/friends/co-workers/neighbors and the people they know etc. , now know what pigs do, and think they can get away with.

he probably done that after he tazzered the perp unconcious.

burn baby feel the volts

He pissed off the pigs because he could not follow their orders. Not "would not" but "could not". Due to the broken back, you know... Perhaps the pigs thought about 2 dozen taser shots would miraculously repair his broken back and enable him to "comply".

its called electro-healing.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by billy no mates.]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The police do like to play with their high tech toys.I wonder how much
training do they get with these tasers?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Wow, Dang is all i can say... just how stupid can a person get.

The good thing is at least the EMT's are backup witnesses to the entire event... this Cop aint gonna get off lightly hopefully, cops need to be the best of the best, which this one appears to be no where near.

Just how low a bar do the police set recruitment at?.. anyone that twitchy and reactive, does not have what it takes to be a Cop wielding weapons and serving the public interest.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Besides the victim receiving a hefty monetary award in a Civil Court for undo Pain & Suffering, I think that bad cops in instances like this should be slapped with the same treatment as punishment. A Judge should rule that the victim gets to Taser the bad cop 11 times. I bet you after undergoing that but once, that cop will think twice before using his Taser!

Even though we see these ridiculous abuses of authority on a daily basis in regards to Tasers, we do have to keep things in perspective and realize that out of the 100,000+ Law Enforcement Personnel in the United States, these stories do represent but a very small percentage.

Still, that doesn't justify this officer's lack of judgment in this situation, nor excuse what he did. He's clearly in that small percentage of Law Enforcement Officers with some serious issues.

new topics

top topics

join