It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could you shoot a policeman?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaCurious

If this thread is so dumb,why did you waste time posting?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I dont think I can because shooting/killing someone for any reason other then self defense makes no sense to me. I do understand the insecurities and fears many people are worried about as far as losing their firearms as I legally posses them also, and I do feel a lot more safer knowing I can defend my own home from intruders but to just be so mad and shoot out of ignorance and anger at the police for taking them away is not a good idea and basically validates the reason they would want them taken away.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I didn't plan this thread,it was a result of some thoughts ,I had this
morning, when reading posts on another one of my threads.If you
feel this thread is a waste of your time,then move to another thread!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

I'll answer your question with a question of my own:

How would history be different had the Jews shot at the Nazis?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

That is a good question,here is the answer.They(jews) couldn't shoot back
because the nazis' took all the guns away!Gun control=population control!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Exactly my point.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Here is the thing. Policemen will not ever come to your house to take your guns, in a SHTF scenario. I know some cops and they all say they would absolutely never obey orders like that, and the instant they got the orders they would resign instantly.

If they did large scale gun confiscations, they would either use UN peacekeepers, or mercs to take your guns. And make no mistake, they will not be from anywhere close to the US, they will most likely be of African origin, or Eastern European.
The biggest problem with this scenario is the US military. A good 75% of our men and women of the armed forces would not obey that order. There would be an coup, and a war would be waged on our own soil. Patriots and military defectors vs. TPTB Mercs, and blue helmets.

I support law enforcement officers, and our Men and Women of the military. They are Americans, with families and friends here. They won't kill their family and friends. They are normal people, and most of the time very patriotic, and took their oaths to the Constitution seriously.

I would join the defected military/LEO's if this case ever happened. I would ask for a uniform, and where they needed me, I have my own weapons and training. I am just a business man, but if this type of thing happened I would fight.

Don't buy into cop hate. There are a lot of cops out there that you will never see videos of them tazering old women in wheel chairs, but there are a few rotten eggs out there. Cops have a crappy job. They deal with some serious B.S. Cut them some slack.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Could you shoot a policeman?

interesting question.

do we get to pistol whip him abit first ?.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I don't really think if the jews having guns would of made much of a difference anyway lol, they still would have been over run.

how about: gun control=some control over trigger happy fools.

not saying that by having a gun, that it couldn't be used as some form of self defence. but to allow others that have and use these guns to kill/terrorize the innocents or jepadize your being just for the hell of it.
the guns don't kill the people, people kill people.
control helps to curb those who maybe shouldn't have them anyway.
If so many people didn't go around using guns for their own personal wars, there wouldn't be any need for control in the first place.
just my thoughts anyway.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   
It depends why they were confiscating my weapon:

1) Is my weapon unlawful?
If yes, go to question 3
If no go to question 2

2) Are the police threatening my personal saftey / the saftey of loved ones?

If yes Shoot
If no go to question 3

3) Has a new goverment been formed (NWO / Malevonent dictatorship)?

If yes shoot
If no and your weapon is unlawful hand it over
If no go to question 4

4) Have they asked nicely?

If yes go to question 5
If no resist, shoot under the most extreme circumstances ( pepper spraying / tasering / battoning your family )

5) Are they armed?

If yes and they are not threatening to use them hand it over
If they are and will use them resist, shoot under extreme circumstance (see above)
If no hand it over

The basic idea of this is, don't use your weapon unless it's the worst case scenario, really you should have bugged out by the time the police are knocking on your door.

Disclamer: The above represents the views of someone who isn't me! By reading this you have agree not to use the above text as evidence in a court of law.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by Incendia vox]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Nope. 'cause I feel like living a bit longer. I will hide them, and then look at the nice policeman with my puppydog eyes and say "But officer, I don't have any nasty ol' gun...they're noisy and dirty, and they scare me..."

He, or she, or they may look all they please, and will find nothing.

Very simple really, with no recourse to stupidly violent responses...until needed.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Incendia vox

This is a good post and I agree with you.Shoot only as a last resort.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by russ212
reply to post by redgy

Actually every nation that has taken gun ownership away from its citizens has seen a substantial loss in other freedoms, and in many cases genocide has also resulted.

Examples: Russia, China, Germany, Cuba

While these countries were not destroyed. The people lost the ability to defend themselves from their government and lost more rights than just gun ownership.

Where there's a will there is definitely a way. I hope I will never have to but if it came to martial law & my family & friends were in danger I wouldn't have any trouble traipsing to some sink estate & buying one

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PSUSA
reply to post by redgy

You make them pay for it, in blood. That's how. But if you love your life too much, then stay home. I don't want you around. They have chains waiting for you. But at least you'll be alive to enjoy your slavery.

It galls me to think that you'd enjoy the benefits of those that risk all though. You don't deserve it.

Something was written by a German regarding this. I don't know who said it and I don't know the exact quote. It was to the effect that "if only we had fought them every time they came to take us away". That was said in hindsight. Too late for them. Not too late for us.

I find it extremely ironic that people on this board, one that exposes corruption at every level, still find it honorable to go along with those that have corrupted this entire planet. If they say jump, you continue to ask "how high sir!" I suppose all these kinds of discussions are just more mental masturbation.

To "hell" with that.

[edit on 29/12/09 by PSUSA]

Man....you are my hero. There are constant discussion about how certain people hate law enforcement officers, and people rebelling against the Government, and most of the replies are "Finally! I'm behind this person 110%", or "I would never let a pig get in my face", but look at a lot of these replies? Seriously? I respect everyone of you for wanting to promote peace, and realizing not all police officers are evil, but what about the ones that get away with illegal tactics? What if you handed over your firearms and in return, they beat the everlasting crap out of you? Would you regret giving your protection away to the man who's beating the crap out of you (Who, might I add, is supposed to be protecting the people)?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This is an odd thread because in day to day life, No your not going to shoot an officer and I agree, officers won't be many of them be backing up a ban on guns.

You think some police officer and first thing that comes to mind is some guy that wanted to be a hero and has a job to do.

But with that said...

There are ominous things... like discusssion of a new defense force for the United States, a Million US citizens according to Obama suddenly added to the fray for what purpose exactly...

I'll say this, the thought of shooting "an officer" sounds awful...

But the thought of shooting a brown Shirt sounds righteous and good...

My nation hires a Million 19 yr old thugs to enforce an administrations illegal policies, well, I see those as sitting ducks.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
If the second ammendment is still in place then I think it'd be a pretty cut and dry situation really. If you are not willing to risk life and limb to protect the freedoms that are enumerated in the Constitution then perhaps you would be better off selling your guns and booking a one way flight to elsewhere. Unfortunately from what I've seen far too many are more than ready to break their backs bending down to lick the boots of the usurpers who claim to be our elected leaders and representatives in the government.

Personally I won't say what I would do as that would just lead to self-incrimination however just read over the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution and I think you can figure out what i'm getting at, if not see my previous suggestion above.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
In all cases, the situation should determine the response. The taking of another's life should never be taken lightly. The fact that a human being is employed as an LEO is secondary to the issue. If a person intends to violate my inalienable rights, whether of their own free will or under orders from another, then a suitable response is justified. Unless the US Constitution is overturned by a Constitutional Convention, its content remains in force regardless of a Government's effort to illegally terminate various rights.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
This thread is suggesting illegal activity and is being closed pending staff review.

Thanks you for understanding.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join