It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could you shoot a policeman?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
With so many people, saying on this website,they won't give up their firearms and
ammunition.I am one of these people that state,out of my cold,dead hand,will you
take away my firearms.But,if the worse case were to happen and martial law was
declared.Could you shoot a policeman, trying to take your firearms from you?

I was raised to have respect for law enforcement.My church preaches that we are
to obey the laws of our land and pray for our leaders.When I make bold statements,like the one in my signature.I have in my mind a bad person,a criminal
trying to take away my firearms.In reality,it would be the police or national guard,
people ,law abiding people, have a tendency to respect.

I would have to answer,no,I could not shoot a policeman.I would try and hide my
firearms somewhere and not in my house.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
No, I don't believe I could. The only way I think I could shoot another person is if there was an imminent threat of death to me or my family. Also, shooting implies killing to me as I've always been taught, right or wrong, that if you aim to shoot you should always aim to kill.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Never would i shoot a police man. a police officer? i guess stating yourself as an "officer" gives you more power, more power = more ego. more ego, = "i can do what ever i want". never would i let my family be taken to anywhere by anybody, shooting a cop isn't shooting a cop. its shooting a person.

And saying "it was me or them" is a hell of a stupid excuse. Only the sheep and idiots react with violence.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Could you shoot a policeman, trying to take your firearms from you?

By then it's too late.

But I would shoot a pig that was doing this to others.

And I would have no problem doing it because they are no longer policemen but an occupying force that will then be free to do whatever they want to do to us.

Anyone that thinks things are bad now, just wait until they know we can't fight back. Bullies love defenseless people.

[edit on 29/12/09 by PSUSA]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Seriously, If anyone would answer yes to a question such as this, they really do deserve to have all and every weapon taken away from them.
What would one achieve by shooting a law enforcement officer, nothing but more trouble would be gained, then faced with the full brunt of every law enforcement person in your district with a shoot if necessary standoff, not really smart is it.
If the cops know about your weapons, there is not much you can do to avoid them from being taken if a time arises to hand them in.
just face the facts and get used to what is allowed by the laws to have and don't do anything to jepardize those requirements, at least that way you might still be able to have some type of weapon to still use for the future.

For a martial takeover, I don't know. something like an Invading army, maybe they could try.
all I know is there are many easier ways for your own governments to take them away than by knocking down your doors by force.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by redgy]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by PSUSA

I am not looking forward to our countries future,it looks very bleak!
We don't really know how we will react until we are faced with the
situation first hand.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   

First let my qualify by saying under normal every day circumstances I would never shoot a law enforcement officer.... However...

Even police officers are human... there are good and bad ones... if faced with a bad one, ie, rapist, murderer child molester... I have no problem preforming a perfectly executed triple tap...

As a gunsmith I know quite a few cops and let me say, most of them have the very same fears of disarmament you and I have... So I don't think you'll ever see a mass round up of firearms... at least not here in the southwest/rocky mountains...

[edit on 29-12-2009 by DaddyBare]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   

I know. You may not know, but I do.

And I'm not just blowin' smoke. And I also know it will probably result in my death. Big deal. We all die sometime.

In order for them to have their "NWO" we need to be disarmed. That is THE line in the sand that they dare not cross. But it seems like some people here have issued an engraved invitation for them to cross that line.

To those that think "If anyone would answer yes to a question such as this, they really do deserve to have all and every weapon taken away from them." like someone posted above, then go ahead and surrender. Turn them in now. I'm sure the pigs will appreciate it. You will have done your part to destroy this country and maybe they will give you a medal for it.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Sorry for the short reply but I would shoot Santa Claus if he threatened me or my family. As for the original question I cannot forsee a situation where I would need to shoot at a policeman. I take that back, if they were tasering my 5 year old grandson I couldnt shoot fast enough. Interesting question though, maybe they should include that one on the census.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Most people bought their gun to protect themselves against scum who want a piece of you in times of chaos. Not for shooting cops if they ask politely to hand over your guns.

But what are the circumstances? I can imagine myself shooting a policeman if he wants to take away my love ones or myself to a place where I know people disappear. Or some simular situation where my chances for survival are slim if I don't.

But I will not shoot him there is no real threat....like an other commenter said....it is stupid to shoot a policeman ...it will only get you into deeper, much worse problems.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   

" like someone posted above, then go ahead and surrender. Turn them in now. I'm sure the pigs will appreciate it. You will have done your part to destroy this country and maybe they will give you a medal for it.

Sure, go the way and die. how's that going to stop you from losing your weapons. Losing your guns isn't going to destroy any country.

fair enough if it is a kill or be killed situation, sure then you might want to defend and have a right to shoot the people who are threatening and are a danger to your life.

and yeah, I've already lost all my guns, and didn't get a medal either.
just in case you need a comparison. here's what got taken from me.
2 x .243 rifles/scopes
1 x 12g/.222 under/over rifle
1 x .22 carbine rifle
1 x .22 rifle
1 x .22 rifle/scope
1 x .22 pistol grip shortened rifle-pistol
1 x slug gun
it's hard yes, especially when you get nothing back for them in return, but I guess life goes on still even without.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by redgy]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Im very glad of the responses so far... you'd shoot another human being for trying to take your possession? I hope not. And I damn well hope its not some automatic weapon because then he has a right to confiscate.

Its like the age of materialism when people value property over life... now if anyone (policeman or otherwise) try to take your weapon to kill you with it, then feel free... but were all humans, dont forget.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I have the up most respect for all law enforcment officers, that said, I have no respect for our government or their policies.

I hate to say it, but if the government sent an officer to my house to take my guns, or infringe on my constitutional rights, I would have no choice but to take action.

Police officers have as much responsiblity to the law as they do to the public. They know when they are obeying the law and when they are not because they are educated in the law. Therefore, if they try to arrest me for some trumped up charge, are take my freedoms, they better be willing to die for what they believe in because I am.

Police officers do not have the luxury of saying they are just following orders. They must be able to distinguish right and wrong, but that seems to be a power they are losing.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by russ212]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by redgy

Actually every nation that has taken gun ownership away from its citizens has seen a substantial loss in other freedoms, and in many cases genocide has also resulted.

Examples: Russia, China, Germany, Cuba

While these countries were not destroyed. The people lost the ability to defend themselves from their government and lost more rights than just gun ownership.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by redgy

You make them pay for it, in blood. That's how. But if you love your life too much, then stay home. I don't want you around. They have chains waiting for you. But at least you'll be alive to enjoy your slavery.

It galls me to think that you'd enjoy the benefits of those that risk all though. You don't deserve it.

Something was written by a German regarding this. I don't know who said it and I don't know the exact quote. It was to the effect that "if only we had fought them every time they came to take us away". That was said in hindsight. Too late for them. Not too late for us.

I find it extremely ironic that people on this board, one that exposes corruption at every level, still find it honorable to go along with those that have corrupted this entire planet. If they say jump, you continue to ask "how high sir!" I suppose all these kinds of discussions are just more mental masturbation.

To "hell" with that.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I'm not against gun ownership in any way and do understand from first hand experience. Killing people is not the right answer though.
and for a lot of the gun control laws in most countries that have, it dosn't mean that you still cannot own any guns, just certain ones and other factors of requirements that are needed to have them.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
In a short answer I respect the law, but is you look at the law it doesn't protect you or your family. It is a once again systematic way of controlling you as a person or a people. Anyone that can take away freedom with out proof needs to be watched. I too was a gunsmith for 30 years (retired) and in the time unless you were a "cop" they only trusted their own.

As a answer to the question, if I had too for protection or safety. There are way many of law enforcement that have the claim to be "judge and jury" because the know more..(grin).

Tru

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

The proper question should be, "Would you be able to shoot and kill another human being?". Whether or not that person is police is incidental. Until the time comes for the action of killing another human, nobody is 100 percent sure. Every single person that has been through that gate can't honestly say they knew for sure that they would pull that trigger until the time came.

For me, that would all depend on the events, and the gravity of those events. I'd only do it if they represented a clear and present danger. It's never something done lightly.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
This is the dumbest thread ever.
There's only one opinion you can take unless you want crap-load of SWAT punks busting your front door down.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I dont have guns as I live in Scotland. Would I like to own a fire arm? yes, I would.

I dont see the diffirence between an officer or anyone else asking for your weapon. Actually I view the police officer as having less right than anyone else. As another poster mentioned, the law should be upheld, especially by the police. In the US you have a right to bear arms. From an outsider I say please dont lose sight of this power your constitution has given you.

Every human has the right to defend his property and his loved ones. I would without a doubt, in a second, kill anyone who threatens my family or friends and its that fear that the PTB have about us that keeps us free men.

For those that would give up your weapons if asked, you shouldnt be allowed to have them.

Respects

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join