It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have come to the conclusion that ALL mainstream conspiracy theories...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

beautiful OP my friend, i like the way you think, s and f.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Sometimes, a thought pops into your head, and you have to just get it down somewhere - today I had such a thought, and it belongs here (I will be bumping a couple of my old threads with it, to hopefully stir some debate...)

I don't know if I'm prepared to have the 'alien' conversation, but I will say this:

1) I believe humans (our current version of Homo Sapien) has been on the planet, for between 50,000 to 1/4Million years.
2) I believe that at some point in our civilization's past that we have evolved - survived through catastrophe - devolved, and evolved/adapted all over again, many times
3) I believe that some iteration or iterations of our past (that had survived aforementioned 'cycle') developed less and sometimes more in different areas of the sciences

And, I believe a lot of what goes on - and, is called 'conspiracy theory' - is merely a faction of the populace becoming wise to this fact, that those in the know are always trying to 1) prepare for, and 2) conceal this fact from the masses, so that the best efforts can be made to sustain the species. (population control, whether you are talking reduction or physical containment [insert popular NWO theory, here])

Isn't that what it's really all about?   Surviving - and, enjoying the ride, as much as you can while you get there?

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I believe, in 100 years the world will look back at the American 'Empire' as a culture that was destined for failure based upon the fact that its citizens were encouraged (and, expected) to create a lifestyle that was way outside its means,... and ultimately collapsed on the weight of its own excessiveness. We're all guilty, we're all a part. We can bitch about the elite and 'job creators' and debt crisis' and whatnot, but the fact is, even as this depression deepens and now 150 Million Americans are supposedly "officially poor", our 1/6th that are confirmed below the 'poverty level' - and, we consider a national crisis - are still living better than 90% of the *world's* population. Sobering to think about.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I believe the reason why most marriages fail, men (and women) cheat, politicians have scandals, and prostitution continues to be the world's oldest profession is because no matter the amazing emotional and psycholigical attributes that humans have developed over time, we still remain part of the animal kingdom when it is all said and done.

We have all these different 'ritualistic dances' to convince ourselves that it is something more than mating, with gestures and pagentry that are really only meant to seduce the other. When the simple truth remains is that 1) males are designed (mentally and anatomically) to spread their seed (aka build the numbers), and 2) females are designed (mentally and anatomically) to bare and nurture (aka protect and develop) the young of the species.

We are nothing more than a highly evolved form of bacteria.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join