It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have come to the conclusion that ALL mainstream conspiracy theories...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
The funny thing is, I think most people that poo-poo the 2012 apocalypse idea, simply don't think ANYthing will ever happen, which is just foolish.

The earth has 'ended' and restarted before, and it will again. That is undeniable.

SO... if you are able to finally come to THAT conclusion, then why not now? Especially, when so many things point to this particular time as being a time of cleansing or enlightenment, or whatever.

And, I'm pretty sure one of the big 'Safe spots' is going to be DIA - I think that whole deal is legit - not near the coastline, not near tectonic plate activity, elevated but not in the mountains (bad), just perfect really!

posted on Mar, 2 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

Presciesly why the DIA has much buzz about it at this time. Some think we are stupid, and others think we are really stupid.

Do they know we feel the same?

/chuckle

I'm not so sure any secret knowledge about how to survive it exists. I'm struggling with how to put ET's into the mix as well. I have a few theories, but I don't play the "I can prove it" game with this stuff.

Lately on TV, mainly ABC and History Channel, I feel like I'm being prepared for it by the current "programming". All I have to do is watch TV, and I seem to learn all about the forecast, even basic survival skills.

Currently watching the Earth 2100 show.... My gut gets an ERIE feeling about these shows, almost exactly what the newagers theory is. We are being programmed to visualize future destruction. So it then occurs.

Ehh.. It adds up, but something is still missing.

[edit on 2-3-2010 by sticky]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SquirrelNutz

So, what have we done here?

Well, we've successfully made a connection between the "Elites" of the here and now to the oldest, surprisingly advanced, civilization of all time.

Why is this important?

Well, it might not be, but just for kick and giggles, stay with me for a moment.

We've all seen the movie Deep Impact, no? Well, most popular conspiracy theories (NWO, legislation recently passed all but hinting at Martial Law, FEMA camps, D.U.M.B.s, 'seed' vault(s), etc) seem to suggest that the PTB are preparing to protect themselves from a global cataclysm. Those CTs mentioned above (and more not) deal with the their attempts to not only live through, but also manage the population as the catastrophe approaches (mass hysteria, rioting, disease, etc) - specifically, allowing their own plans of salvation not to be thwarted by the 'commoners'.

Is it possible that the Sumerians were the "Elites" that survived and emerged from the last global cataclysm?

I mean, they show up out of nowhere with all the appearance of a civilization that did NOT evlove from simple origins, but that were 'ready made' and hit the ground running. Literally.

Now, the problem with being a 'saved civilzation' through an apocalypse, is that you commit yourself to a very frustrsating situation: All the know-how - no way to execute.

Think about it - they've packed away enough supplies and technology to get thru the tough times, and possibly 'begin life' all over again. they have knowledge of so many wonderful things: computers, medicine, on and on, but no way to 'mass produce' any longer. Over time, some technologies and education are lost, simply due to the massive undertaking.

Now, something fun to add on - whether or not you subscribe to the theory of the Annunaki (very real entities worshiped by the Sumerians and others) making an appearance due to their home-world of Nibiru making it's periodic, 3600-year return to our solar system, you have to recognize the very evident possibility that 1) SOMEthing has caused dramatic and violent geophysical changes on our planet, and maybe-or-maybe-not 2) some type of ET presence is already among us, or has at least visited us in the past.

Regardless, massive tectonic plate activity in the past had caused earthquakes to occur, volcanoes to erupt, landmasses to rise and fall displacing massive amounts of water quickly causing enormous tsunamis and "global flooding".

Now a step further, you've got a visiting ET lifeform that attempts to rescue us from this devistation: These 'gods' come down from the sky in the 'bellies of birds without wings' (our ancients have spoken of this), and attempt to rescue who they can from this 'hell'. [not prepared to discuss the 'selection process']

Starting to sound like anything?

Regardless, the landform has changed quickly and massively - after a few hundred years, when the dust has settled, and perhaps after many thousands, given that an ice age is likely (and historically evident - right now, as a matter of fact) the Elites from our time, emerge from their "Arc" ready to conquer the world one more time.

Maybe in a few thousand years, people will speak of Vegas the way we talk about Atlantis.

Just some food for thought.

Thoughts?

I just had to bring this back up and say this is the most sound logic I have ever read. This is basically what I have been thinking but couldn't put it to words. maybe the elites were the Sumerians descendants that survived the great flood and the anunnaki helped them to gain power.

kudos to you and a flag for you.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by dragnet53]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I have started to wonder if an "All or nothing" attitude is going to become more prevailent in the realm of conspiracy theory, due to the nature of the joining the dots approach to things, if certain events are all intrinsically linked theories concerning JFK assasination, Moon landing, 9/11, NWO, illuminati must all have a basis in truth. I suppose it is the myriad aspects of these conspiracies that need the verification,it is pretty much taken as red that these events have been sold through thick helpings of lies to the MSM and the public. As long as we know what is lies, the truth must be dwelling in the remainder, somewhere a long the lines we all know what happenened but not sure if it is true yet....

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
SquirrelNutz! nuttier than squirrel turds. LOL

this is a great thread you connected the dots amazingly my friend!!

I have a few questions I hope this thread can help me with.

1- DIA?

2- in my research I started with zeitgeist long ago, I knew something was up and this movie was a great eye opener that gave tons of answers but the one thing I could never open my mind to was NIburu the Annunaki honestly I just blocked it out not negatively and not positively just ignored i guess.
What you said about the Sumerians worshiping the Annunaki and also "hitting the ground running" as you brilliantly put it has me hooked could you give me some reliable links you think I could benefit from.?

3- I do feel the same as you that all our religions are like a historical catalog and a warning of cycles in our earth and geologically it can be proven.
my question is what event do you think Earth reboot 2012 is from the polar shift? Niburu, that I remember reading will be passing very close by and possibly causing the damage?
4- the Actual 2012 date it may be something from a new thread but I have the Doc. I read and it makes sense to me that our time is off the true Universe time that the Mayans mastered so well. but if it can or cannot be debunked then I think this would be a good thread for an answer.

Great read and your connect the dot links in your Sig THANK YOU!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

society exists in parallel with knowledge; to deceive the world is to destroy the world.

(Second Line)

-Edrick

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
i dont know or care
wat alousy thread

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by icecold7
i dont know or care
wat alousy thread

thanks for bringing your informed and Valued opinion to this thread!!

[edit on 17-7-2010 by -W1LL]

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Time to wake this thread back up.

I've got my 'acceleration' timeline to add, and have changed my links (UFOlogy initial post has had several addendums throughout the thread:more strange occurences during 10-year timeline immediately following the war)

The acceleration of [everything] seems to be culminating at right about this time.

- Economic woes seem to be more out of control than ever with the spiraling of the dollar, the realization that America's debt will NEVER be paid off and pretty soon creditors (China) are going to start expecting products instead of worthless paper, and the collapsing of Nations (Greece, Iceland, Spain...)

- Political problems seem to be mounting, and it stems much further than the WWE-esque douche, er... two-party system that we have here in the U.S. We're talking crazy North Korea, we're talking biblical prophecy unfolding with the likely attack of Isreal by Iran.

We could go thru category after category, but I would prefer to think of the grandest of them all - the realization of what it all means and where we all came from - bare with me...

So, For many thousands of years, humanity, with a few notable exceptions, did not recognize the existence of the Solar System. People believed the Earth to be stationary at the center of the universe.

It wasn't until a mere 400 years ago, that someone first openly suggested that the sun, and not the earth, was the center of our system.

We don't even discover Pluto until the 1930s, for crying out loud.

The Hubble telescope goes up in the 90s (only TWENTY Years ago), and we see further away and back in time and more objects than we ever had before. We start to get a clearer picture about the origins of it all. Not just planets and our solar system but ALL of it. Right down to the last nano-second - this is where physics breaks down for the Big Bang Theory (or Collision Theory if you've been keeping up).

NOW, in the last TWO YEARS, up goes Kepler and comes the Vatican shake up:

1) Kepler Telescope is finding 'Earthlike' planets all over the place, even though the sample size is equatable to an 8oz. glass of water in the oceans of our earth.

2) the Vatican makes the startling proclamation - for the first time in its 2,000 year history, the catholic church acknowledged the possibility that intelligent life could exist on other planets, and that a belief in extraterrestrials does not necessarily contradict a belief in God - and have since jumped in the search with telescope purchases of their own (Excuse me? Nice 180'!)

[I realize quite bit happened in between each of those gaps, but you get the idea - these were pretty significant milestones]

- UN to appoint Earth contact for aliens
- U.S. Nuclear Weapons Have Been Compromised by Unidentified Aerial Objects

Bottom line: if you could graph our knowledge about the universe and ourselves over time, you would get an exponential curve accelerating into the sky whose asymptote is right about now! (2012)

Are we coming to the realization that a destruction or transfomation IS coming? Who knows. But, things are pretty hairy right now. More than they've ever been, imho.

posted on Sep, 30 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
And, the hits just keep oonnnn comin'...

Odds of Life on Newfound Earth-Size Planet '100 Percent,' Astronomer Says

edit on 9/30/2010 by SquirrelNutz because: To add this note to myself: pull all posts from UFO timeline together into 1

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Every day that passes, I am convinced, more and more, that 1) the connection I made to the Sumerians near the bottom of the last page (although, I'm sure there are some inaccuracies, holes to fill in and other connections to be made) and 2) the acceleration of life/consciousness/everything (just above) that we all keep hearing so much about (and is described in the *other* Mayan calendar), is the most accurate and logical depiction of everything that has happened and is yet to come.

It sucks, that it makes so much sense. But... it is, what it is.

edit on 2/10/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by SquirrelNutz

IS THIS NWO # OVER ?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by moltquedelo

haha - far from it. But, I'm less focused on the 'control' part of everything as I am about the unavoidable, historcally verifiable, and imminent geophysical, economic/political, and civilization changes that are in front of us.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
This belongs here...

My (several) responses, below, were brought about by an interesting thread - well, title, anyway - over here:

Those We Call Cavemen Were Just What Was Left Of Humanity After The Last Time We Destroyed Ourselves

Sorry, I keep expanding on my thought, though...

To add on to...

reply to post by blocula

you put it perfectly in one sentence, what I've been yammering at my girlfriend for weeks!!!

And, the various Indian tribes were likely what was left of major metropolis' like Dallas, Los Angeles, New York, Minneapolis, etc, and they (clan) likely just assumed the name of the cities whence they came.

And, the 'conquerers' - always decendents, in some form or fashion of the elites that survived the last cataclysm - Ancient Sumeria, anyone? A civ that comes out of nowhere with phenomenal advances in agriculture, mathematics, law, etc...

Makes just a little too much sense.

Take it a step further, and you have real evidence for the need for other conspiracies, as they relate to 1) the procurement of money/resources, so that 2) preparations can be made and 3) the masses can be controlled and dealt with as the time nears, so as not to thwart the survival attempts of the 'extremely fortunate.'

And, the only evidence of our past civilizations - if you've ever watched "Life After People" you know that even the most robust of human inventions - like a steel I-beam - would be gone after a mere couple thousand of years. That's why our ancestors left behind clues/monuments in stone that they knew would stand the test of time... hence the importance of... masonry (but I'm just spitballing, here)

Really - It would not take very long for our civilization to de-volve, under the right circumstances - think about it.

I'll give you a (very real, somewhat imminent) scenario: Nuclear pollution - either, by detonation due to war, terrorism, or due to power grid going down (power plant meltdowns) - take your pick here, it's all bad (and, all possible). We're talking annihilation, and isolation. On a large scale. For a very long time - think what it means to live without electricity for a moment (assuming, you've survived the nuclear poisoning) - forget about the Internet, and air conditioning, for a moment, I mean... REALLY... think of a life without electricity... and a broken infrastructure... and, a 'mad max' mentality of tribal survival....

Now, we've got all these people who collectively have knowledge of awesome things like television, and automobiles, and refrigerators, and... Things that fly in the sky(!)... but so what - with everything in shambles, and no way to manufacture replacements... Eventually, knowledge is lost. And, until knowledge can be 1) re-invented (or, 'discovered'), and 2) disseminated amongst the masses, the awesome and daunting task of becoming a civilization must begin, yet again...

*sigh*

[my thoughts, from another thread, long ago]

ALL it takes... is for the power to go out for a few days. Long enough for people to realize that it ain't gonna be coming back on, anytime soon.

When you have NO Electricity, EVERYthing comes to a grinding halt.

Transportation
Commerce
Food (preservation, delivery, harvesting, etc)
Communication
HEALTHCARE/Sanitation
Refrigeration
Plumbing (water AND waste)
Information
Protection
:
:
:
[would this list ever end? Seriously, THE most important discovery, Ever!]
:
:

Think about it: The lights are never going to come back on - your previous life is not going to be restored!

Now, deal with that despair on top of everything you just lost, and the survival mode you have to be able to kick into.

This thought is inconceivable to most, and the fact is, there are already people living like this on our planet, today - I guess they know how to deal with it better than us spoiled industrialized nations - they will probably survive. I guess that's where the whole 'blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth' comes from, no? ha ha

[And this could all happen if the little ol' light bulb 93 million miles away decides to "burp", someday(!)]

Hmmmm....

[insert any 1 of a zillion clips out there of Michio Kaku and a ton of others talking about the upcoming CME]

edit on 8/16/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Bring on the reset I say. We live in such disgustingly corrupt and debauched times and we only have our own kind to blame.

As long as whatever happens I am not seperated from my loved ones.

See yall on the other side

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Furthermore (addendum to post, immediately above), think about our own 'evolution' as a civilization, 'this time around' - let's assume for a moment, that we have, as a civilization, only been on this planet 6,000 yrs (if you want to go longer, it only supports my argument, further)...

Over 95% of all technological advancements have occurred in less then 5% of our existence on this planet - less than a mere 200 years ago, we had only 'evolved' roughly 3.5% of where we've come, now. That is to say, we were much, much closer to our 'caveman ancestors' (or, survivors of the last cataclysm) just 200 years ago, than we are, today - so, why would this notion seem 'farfetched' to anyone, is beyond me.

edit on 8/16/2011 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

...support and/or provide evidence for either or both of the following:

1) The existence of advanced civilizations and either the preventing of, or the preparing for, Disclosure.

- and/or -

2) The fact that the world does 'reset' itself, periodically - thru (historically / scientifically verifiable) global cataclysm - and, we are on the precipice of such a reset, currently.

Is this already old hat to everyone else? Am I just stating the obvious, here, or completely talking out of my ass?

Go on. test me...

3) Now, what is the main connection or connections, between the two? Hmmmm...

What connects the two?

Mass effect

I'm serious. In the game there are a group of highly advanced robotic beings that periodically wipe the galaxy of all sentient life. Could this be the case in real life? Well it seems that ELE's on Earth happen pretty regularly and nature tends to be random.

ALS

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Please read the entire thread, not just the OP - a lot has been added (today, most recent), and this spans a long time. Thx, for dropping in.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Definitely a possibility... And that one is mentioned over en over again... Just like in the Matrix - "The Architect: The Matrix is older than you know. I prefer counting from the emergence of one integral anomaly to the emergence of the next, in which case this is the sixth version.
Neo: There are only two possible explanations: either no one told me, or no one knows."

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by serbsta
If you have not gone there already, you're research will directly lead you to mythology, on a global scale. Myth is truth, and truth is myth, not in all cases though.

I believe that serbsta's post about mythology is based on real creatures, here are some reasons why I believe this:

Originally posted by blake
"This is one of the most amazing NDE's I've ever read. On his way to the 3rd heaven to plead for his life, God allowed him to go through the second heaven and witness the various types of demons there. Some looked half human and half animal, like in Greek Mythology. Others looked like giant angels, humans, and animals, and other strange looking creatures. God also was angry with this guy, who thought he was a great Christian, and said his life and works were worth nothing, and that he wasted his life."

Originally posted by Donna Andes
"Howard O. Pittman explains the function of demons in his book, Demons An Eyewitness Account, written after he had a near-death experience... The third ranking order of demons were those who possessed skills in the area of dark arts such as witchcraft, false religions, meditation, self destruction, fear, magic, sorcery, hypnosis, occult worship, ESP, psychedelic drugs... The demons appeared to be part man and part animal like the figures in Greek mythology. ..."

Originally posted by Maria Merola
"The baby was “half” mermaid because mermaids are what we see in Greek Mythology. I recall Howard Pittman’s personal testimony of being taken into the second heaven during his clinical death experience. He was shown by the angel of YaHuWaH, certain demons that looked like half man and half animal. He saw some that were half horse and half human, and he saw some demons that looked like mermaids. Howard Pittman says that this order of demons are the ones behind occultism, witchcraft, paganism and mythology."

Google searchs for more:
"howard pittman" mp3
"howard pittman" Greek Mythology

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join