It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

methods of knowing the future

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
so we have all heard of seeing the future.

most have also heard of hearing future events.

i say some people may even be able to feel future events.

say a man was going to be shot in a certain spot in the future.

days before, he begins to experience a pain on the same spot that he can only describe as feeling as if he had just been shot.

days later, he is shot in that same spot.

in this way, people can feel certain events in the future.

i have never heard of someone tasting or smelling things in the future, but i would not doubt it if i heard of such an idea.

would it not be strange if the future could manifest into each of our senses to inform us of what was getting ready to happen so that we could better prepare for it?

anything that anybody wants to add or suggest is welcome.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Well premonitions of future events when they come to fruition are one of the most studied phenomena and the most obvious one of the unexplained factors that cant be put in to box and explained away through any type of science, Neuro-science or physics as we currently understand.
Check this thread out.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
gotcha.

well if that guy is not psychic, i don't know who is! lol

but no, i am simply stating what i know to be true - people can sometimes feel the future.

that thread, or at least the first post, had to do mainly with him knowing what was actually going on in the present and the future.

so, to be blunt, i didn't see the relevance to my post. if you could tell me the relevance that would be great, but i just don't see it right now.

sorry.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Yes I digressed somewhat.
I have not heard that people do have premonitions through feelings so much as you explained.
I guess the closest would be having Deja vu in which I have smelt something at a particular moment in time and space and then realised that I was re-living a time frame in a parallel universe experience where the scenery and events were not so dissimilar

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
certainly there are documented cases of preminitions. i dont know how or why, but they do exist, and if that is your point, then yuo have it.

the problem is tha twe cannot with definate certainty recreate the effect, and that leaves it outside the realm of solid science (unfortunately).

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by wx4caster
certainly there are documented cases of preminitions. i dont know how or why, but they do exist, and if that is your point, then yuo have it.

the problem is tha twe cannot with definate certainty recreate the effect, and that leaves it outside the realm of solid science (unfortunately).

Ah yes reminds me of that quote,

"Today's science fiction... tomorrows science fact"

I guess we will have to wait and see what new understandings that arise in the next decade.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbyboy

I think the most effective method to know the future is to cause it. For example, I will right now predict that the last word of this post will be "true."

I'm not sure that the nature of time is such that genuine prediction is possible. "Prediction" seems to imply that a person knows what will occur, that the future is fixed and available for knowing. I'm not certain that's the case. But, between now and the future we do have the ability to influence what happens. And that, I think, is a more reliable means of knowing what the future will bring.

And, as you can see, my prediction from earlier in this post was true.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
you must accept that time is a tool for humans to use to represent a period of change in the balance matter and energy, and the more energy you have the less time passes. We are initially counting down to when the universe will be completely matter (right before the universe begins to collapses on itself) or completely energy when all that mass crushes itself creating the largest possible explosion (the big bang.)

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
it is an intresting philosophical thesis.

If, like your example, a guy feels pain on his body where he will be shot and he acts to prevent being shot, did he felt a future that did and will not happen, just because he prevented it?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Dumbass

who says he prevented it? normally when a person tries to prevent the future from happening, it just turns around and happens a different way. however, i have never heard of a true prediction not coming true. like a person predicting his or her own death. that is one that most people try to reverse. but it happens anyway, and it happens the way they predicted. i've actually got one i would like to turn around, but since it's a prediction, i don't think it's possible to do so. that is an interesting idea, causing the future to not happen. i would say, i don't know how to answer the question, because i don't have enough knowledge on that side of the subject. all i can do is give the examples you have now. at least for now.

top topics

join