It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Millenium Group

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Does anyone know where Chris Carter got his inspiration for the group for his show Millenium?

I know that there is a group called the Academy that influenced him somewhat but was there anything else that could be based on?

Thanks,

ME

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Are you referencing the TV show? This might be a BTS, A&E topic. Take a quick look there, and see if that category is more in line with what your asking about... which is how he (Chris Carter) came up with the show?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I am not so much interested in discussion about the show as I am in the secret society "The Millenium Group" and if anyone knows of a connection to a real group or not.

Thank you for your suggestions though.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I think this is a BTS topic

"Actually, I never know how to answer that question. It is one of the strangest things. People ask me, "Where did you get that X-Files idea?" I always say, "I made something up." But the truth is, I just don't know. Ideas just sort of come up out of your subconscious, which is where the best stories come from. This one, I had an idea for this character Frank Black. Then I struck on this idea of the Millennium Group. That kind of just came to me. I don't even know how it came to me. A group of guys I know who are retired FBI agents -- this is in real life -- have gotten together and they function as consultants. I thought that was an interesting thing. Here are all these guys with this expertise. So I was kind of inspired by that and did something that I feel suited my idea."

Link

I hope that this answers your questiosn.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mundane Egg
I am in the secret society "The Millenium Group" and if anyone knows of a connection to a real group or not.

Which Millennium Group? A Google develops this: Results 1 - 10 of about 3,410,000 for millennium group. (0.17 seconds), there are groups of that name in every aspect of business and society, the proximity to the New Millennium makes this difficult without a distinguishing characteristic.

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
from 1996 - 1999
there was a show on Fox about this group of consultants that investigated bizarre crimes. They have an initiant who begins to discover that they are a secret society seeking to be in control of apocalyptic events.

Once again I am not interested so much in the idea of the creative process of Chris Carter other than if anyone knows whether there are real groups like this out there?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Here's what I could find regarding groups involved in similar activities to those depicted on the show, but not actually the show itself.

Search the page to find "millenium group" (ctrl+F)
Link 1

Mentions a "Millenium Group", link to their site is dead though:
Link 2

The aforementioned non-working site is www.millenngroup.com which I did find referenced on several sites regarding UFOs.

I didn't read much of either site, so don't hold me responsible for any nuttiness contained in them.

Those are the only things close that I found. If I understand you correctly, you're actually looking for groups similar to the one depicted on the show, but not necessarily having the same name. I'd suggest searching Yahoo or Google for Paranormal investigators as there are quite a lot of them out there. Some may even be close enough to you so you can join up.

Good luck.

new topics

top topics

join