It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What about the Man child?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2004 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Oh man, the wisest of occupations for you is that of the physician, great is the man who can heal both body and soul.

The wisest among you will have knowledge of the subtle forces, the construction of our spiritual bodies, their maladies and cures, and their various natures.

The Best among you do good because it is what you have chosen to bring into the world. You have risen above the petty and the false, the small things are not important to you.

The best natures of men are those that do not need any law told to them, for they know in their hearts what is good and what is evil, and they refuse to do evil at all, and will fight against it will all their might.

Those are the universal truths, they need no book, temple, or creed. It is the spirit of God that is true, nothing else is, pursue that, let it live in you, let it grow your soul until you are completely united with the light. That is the best scripture, and the wise saying.

The most beautiful man is he who loves from his heart the things that have no evil, the innocent ones and the little ones will love such a one. That is the one who will suffer envy, and hatred, and those who look upon him will desire to harm him for his gift, and his beauty.

Small indeed is the man whose entire understanding of the universe is limited to the verses of his book, poor is the man who must borrow the praises of other men.

Oh man, wear this body only for a little time, and then cast it aside. He who is best able to return to His Lord will in no way suffer when he departs this life.

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by Arkaleus]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
You admit that Christianity is a collective of pagan beliefs, yet you would also have us believe that is is literal truth?

Children believe in bed time stories, not men/women......

Deep

I agree.

Does everybody on this board talk like the King James Bible?

"Forsooth young ones what have thee been taught on this man child?"

Shuddup already.

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Be eloquent - it sounds better than MTV.

I learned to read on bibles and scriptures, (Yes, I really really did) so it kinda tilted my formal language skills

What a fun forum this is!

Arkaleus

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthStrgnrThanFiction
And don't parallel and compare Jesus Christ to Eastern religions and Egypt. You ever read the BIBLE? You credit Egypt for giving us spirituality? Why then was Egypt brought down with plagues? If they were SO WISE WHY DIDNT THEY EVEN RELENT WHEN THE TRUE GOD WAS BEFORE THEM?

No, I don't think it was meant as Egypt gave us spirituality. More along the lines of Egypt, Persia and maybe even every culture on earth is where we have derived our current 'Dogma's, Theology, Sacred Books of Law/Truth/God/Life, etc.'.
Spirituality, Enlightenment, or whatever word you prefer to use, are not 'Things' that can be given anyway. It is up to everyone to realize the truth themselves. I think the message that is being hinted at is that it isn't The Bible, Your Temple, The Scriptures you've Memorized, The Name of your God, or any other 'Thing' that makes one into True Christian (as in One who lives according to Christ's Message.)

Why not compare the teachings of One Religion with all other religions? Why not compare it with All Religions plus every other piece of information you can find? If what you're looking for is the Truth, then you should find it within all of them should you not? The only reason to NOT cross reference the material or verify it with multiple alternate sources would be because you Fear Finding the Truth! As someone who has done a fair amount of comparative religious study, I can promise you that it's not only insightful but rewarding and you start to realize that when it comes to (Universal Truth/God's Word), it's when you challenge It that It shines the brightest & clearest. It's all the lies and false teachings that fail.
Makes sense, doesn't it?

Dont mix the teachings of Jesus Christ. The Gospels are the single truth.

The teachings of Jesus Christ should not be thought of in terms of 'The Gospels', Scriptures, The Bible, Dead Sea Scrolls, The Torah, or any other piece of literature. It's not 'The Words' or 'The Letters', how they were scribed, or in what country or book or language or anything else that can fully encompass 'The Meaning' of what they might represent. Do you see the difference? Just as the 'Map is not the Territory', The Word, Book(s) & Scripture are NOT the same as what They Represent. If it worked that easy, Jesus would simply hand out pamphlets to everyone and all would solved!

I don't understand what you believe in. Are you a Christian or what?
One post you say Jesus was nothing new and then you go on to call him the Son of God.
What's going on here?

What he IS, is not going to help in understanding what he's saying. The problem you are having in understanding his statement that Jesus was nothing new yet the Son of God, isn't solved by figuring out which organization he belongs to. The answer is most likely clear to you but your second guessing it cause it contradicts the typical pattern of 'Classification by Title'.

After all, how many time have you noticed that all those who Classify themselves as Christian (or anything else), have nothing at all other than that Chosen Group Title in common at all?

by Arkaleus
Guess my religion!
The wisest of religions

Good Choice! That is a difficult one to join for many people.
It seems to be the Massive Recruiting, Advertising and Campaigning from all the conveniently located organized religions that makes them so much more popular I guess, huh???

Although, I can see how it is touch finding members when you aren't located in the phone book or have your own Sunday Morning Televised Broadcast. People are just so busy that they don't have time to find things like God or Spiritual Enlightenment for themselves in today's World of Convenience and Comfortable Living, after all.

Kinda funny how that works though isn't it. You would think such Advances would leave everyone with more than enough Freedom and Availability for such things, don't ya think?

Anyway, I think you're doing very well Arkaleus. You also seem to keep focused on getting your message through, even with the frequent 'stones' that have been thrown at you so far. Keep it up. I can't wait to read more and also to read what others have to say about it too!!

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by mOjOm]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
rule #1- Never listen to somebody that says "I know my stuff"
You claim to know what god is...you don't have any more of an idea that the rest of us unknowledgeables.
You must have tossed the bible away from the sound of your posts. I dont remember reading where jesus said "toss the Torah". I do remember not one jot of the law shall pass away though.
"He taught people to be like him"-well, if he quoted from the Tanakh (which you say to put away) I guess we are supposed to also.
BTW, your basing all of these comments on a book that wasn't even in the first New Testament.
"If you wish to follow Jesus, then listen to what I have to say"-sure, right after you drink the koolaid.
You're right about something though-its been a coverup for thousands of years

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I don't want to sound like a arrogant SOB, but why are you picking on the messenger instead of discussing my message?

Jesus didn't need to read scriptures to his followers. He spoke from his heart, without resorting to endless quotes. He used parables, not scripture. The books and the laws were what the pharasees used. Jesus spoke against the Pharasees and all their ways. He taught by his understanding, and His spirit.

I would have Real "Christians" do what their master did, put away the books, and speak from the spirit. Do not justifiy your points or statements with quotes from the bible, that's like borrowing someone elses' name. Speak form original thought. Real "Christians" have the spirit already in them, and it teaches them what to say.

If you are not able to do so, then you are not yet ready to eat meat, but are still little kids. Little kids should not get into arguments with grown ups.

People (no matter how old or young they really are) who share the Spirit of Christ do not argue or fight at all. They love each other right away. They understand the meaning of each other's words, even if they speak different languages. That is the true gift of Christ.

Think for yourselves, I will love you, and so will Christ, and you will reap the reward of promise.

I say to put away the Old Testament becuase it is not a book of laws for the Gentiles. It is for the Jews, it is their book, and it does not become the gentiles to practise it. Jesus liberated us from the yoke of the old, and gave us a new yoke. Don't go running back to the old now, don't think there is greater holiness in the old, when a new one is before you. How many times has it been said? Why do you honor Solomon, when a greater than Solomon is before you?

Really believe in Christ, and in His Father, and you will no longer be a slave to the law, or the book, but free, and liberated, and wise.

Slaves don't enter the kingdom, and the law never made anyone free. The law is powerless to save, like a dead man who sleeps in the earth. You are gentiles, you are gentiles, establish your own law, because you are free.

Americans are even more free than the gentiles of old, we own your own country, we are our own government. Why do you bring these foreign things to us, these old dusty books, they are not even written in our language! Why then, do you wish to bind me to these foreign things, and tie me to the bodies of dead men long rotten in the dirt, and make me bow to their alien ways?

Are you such poor people that you have nothing of you own, and must borrow things that fell into ruins long ago?

That is what many "Christians" do, they are confused of their own nature, and some days speak like Jews, yet are not, some days like Paul, but have no authority or holiness, some days like Jesus, but their hearts are far from him. That is what I hope to help remedy, that is what I encourge you to cast from yourselves.

We are no longer a infant nation. We are a mature people. The spirit has manifested to many of our people, some of whom can be found here. Let us form better unions, like the words of our wisest fathers, and demonstrate to the world what perfection and Liberty are.

Arkaleus

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I am discussing your message, its called disagreement. Noone is picking on you, your the one calling people children and such.
Ok, so you refuse to acknowledge the fact that the NT says jesus talked about the law. How did he say one should receive eternal life then? Whoever teaches one of the commandments is what in the kingdom of Heaven (least or greatest)? Dont tell me not to quote the bible when your using parts of it to twist words around. You may not be directly quoting it but your relying on it for his very existence.
Jesus spoke against the pharisees,etc......If your assuming the NT has his words (which it seems you are) then you are conveniently leaving out the part where he speaks against the spirit of LAWLESSNESS.
Think for yourself and be a grownup-that's fine but how did you get initiated into the "higher level" without some books. We are called to seek truth, that is an action.
You think anyone who quotes the bible isn't using original thought-that's obvious, but answer me this how did you come to the conclusion that jesus even existed unless you engaged in some non-original thought yourself. Without the bible, what are you going to do, refer to me to a document a hundred years AFTER his crucifixion? Also, your assuming that the spirit within us would always tell us something different than what the bible says. Because if it did refer to the bible it would be unoriginal.
All things should be discussed and examined. Thats one of the problem with religion. Everybody thinks they have the answer and they think it shouldn't be questioned. If your questioning then its unloving or ungodly...no, not questioning is called blind ignorance

[Edited on 26-5-2004 by KSoze]

posted on May, 26 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Yes I know God but will I explain Him to you? NO ! He says not to cast my pearls before swine...

It's not my job to convert anyone...it's the Holy Spirit's job.
If He sends someone my way, an honest searcher then I am to tell them about His Word...

Art Bell the Anti-Christ, that's a good one...I miss Art Bell's show, we don't pick it up any more.

As far as the man child...it's not Christ but the remnant...if you want to know who tey are...do the research !

posted on May, 31 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
To become a suitable being to advance into the higher heavens, it becomes necessary to acquire the talents and occupations of those beings who comprise the governance of these spheres.

The highest sphere is where there is no king, but all is brotherhood, and love. Love is the highest form, it is the best ways, and it is the only way to ascend.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join