It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China executes suspected mentally ill Briton.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lillydale

Forgive me Lilly,

But after seeing that you can't even identify when I have responded to your uninformed claims, I feel I must decline to engage with you.

Not to do so would be to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Forgive me Lilly,

But after seeing that you can't even identify when I have responded to your uninformed claims, I feel I must decline to engage with you.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle

Forgive me Lilly,

So instead of actually countering my argument with some sense, you personally insult my intelligence? Next time you want to just level a personal attack at me, try and see if you can point out how witless I am without repeating that exact same post for 15 pages

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lillydale

Forgive me Lilly,

So instead of actually countering my argument with some sense, you personally insult my intelligence? Next time you want to just level a personal attack at me, try and see if you can point out how witless I am without repeating that exact same post for 15 pages

Unfortunately, I can't claim the fame for that.

It seems the ATS server liked what I wrote and decided one copy wasn't good enough

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Unfortunately, I can't claim the fame for that.

It seems the ATS server liked what I wrote and decided one copy wasn't good enough

Or...someone just sat there hitting refresh for 5 minutes because the server was slow. Look. If you have a valid argument, go for it. If all you have is 15 pages of the same baseless personal attack, then why are you even bothering? I came with an argument and you came with an insult and you call me unarmed? Next time your browser freezes up, lay off the refresh button. If you ever remember what it is that makes you so witty, I would love to hear it because so far it consists of "you are stupid...your are stupid...you are stupid...you are stupid...etc."

I cannot even at least say nice try. Keep posting empty personal attacks instead of making any argument so I can ignore your next 15 pages of nonsense too, thanks.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
cough* cough* the man was muslim..

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I do not believe in death sentence at all nor in doing life-time sentences in jail.

However IF one gets caught with a huge amount of drugs, I can only say this: don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Lots of people from so-called Western countries get caught for crimes like these and sentecenced to death without any PR.

For this man it can very well be better IF he is sentenced to death that countries like China excute sentences like these right away.
For me that's more humane then to let someone guess when it is his/her time to die, like they do in many jails in USA. To give people false hope while letting them rot in jail for many many years is far worse in my opinion.

It can be my Buddistic view on life and the fact that I believe in reincarnation that makes my opinion in this matter.

Peace!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Pr0t0

what has this case to do with the mess in Afghanistan? you are way over off-topic. We are merely talking about a guy convicted to death penalty who happened to have smuggled drugs and broke the law of a foreign country with just a different law system. And he was expected to be rewarded if he did successfully accomplished his mission, which happen on a daily base very often.

UK is by far less lenient or "human", but the fact so many people are crying out loud and trying to defend a proven criminal who ABUSED the "mentally ill" tactic to try to get free is just too funny to see, and also why in these countries murderers, rapists etc are from time to time getting free with this o-so handy tactic because certain country's courts are really buying these craps.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
unless any of you have any first hand experience with mental illness i dont see how you are justified or qualified in making any judgment on whether or not this man deserved the death penalty.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This guy new what would happen should he get caught smuggling drugs, well he did get caught, was sentenced to death, and now the sentence has been carried out. Well that just too damn bad, isn't it! I'd like to see my country (Canada) do the same thing to drug smugglers, but no...the bleeding hearts we call "judges", are far too willing to go along with an insanity plea. Eventually and thanks to an overabundance of court appointed psychologists and psychiatrists who make an excellent living on the backs of Canadian taxpayers, the criminal will be found to have a mental illness of some sort, that will be blamed on great, great, grandpaw having sex with his niece who married the ancestor of criminal's mother, who claiming refugee status, was allowed into the country with her ten kids, including criminal who by the time he was 12 years old, had a nice little drug dealing business operating in the local public school. Damn all drug dealers, and damn those who dream up these bleeding heart laws that protect them! Because I'm a nice guy, for a first offense lets just tie the dealer to a stake, then give him/her the lash, and for a second offense? Hang them!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Bipolar disorder is a mental illness which causes manic depression. How can somebody with manic depression be duped into drug smuggling and be told they could become a famous singer? Sorry but there's 'mental illness' and there's 'MENTAL ILLNESS'.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Telesto

You are 100% right, even if he really has Biploar Disorder, he still can make his own decision regarding smuggling drugs into a country with the death penalty in place.

If you are stupid enough to try this in regions which use the death penalty, well that's the OFFENDERS problem, not the Country's Legal System.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Telesto
Bipolar disorder is a mental illness which causes manic depression. How can somebody with manic depression be duped into drug smuggling and be told they could become a famous singer? Sorry but there's 'mental illness' and there's 'MENTAL ILLNESS'.

You don't travel to another country without making yourself aware of their current laws.

If you chose to break the laws of that country you should expect to be treated the same as the citizens of that country who have broken those laws.

I don't have compassion for those who fall whilst seeking to profit from drug dealing.

If you want to talk about compassion, think about the many lives that would have been ruined had this poor misguided Bi-Polar Brit succeeded.

Are people frustrated about this or is it more how impotent the UK government was regarding China's treatment of a UK citizen?

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Its really sad to see this guy die just for selling drugs. let him rott in jail but to kill him because of this is just stupidity. Shows you how messed up that country is and how those people have no human rights

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Originally posted by rcwj1975
Well regardless of how you feel about the death penalty, I am SICK and tired of this mentally ill crap defense.

How is it a grown man, or woman can claim to be mentally ill, YET have the presence of mind to set up ellaborate drug running rings with multiple players, plan out murders down to the last detail, etc... I hear this defense a lot, but its funny how mnetally ill people only claim such AFTER their caught...again, how it must be to have the MIND to know you did wrong AFTER the fact...hmmmmmmm

As for this guys case...I am NOT buying his defense. It's called the GOT CAUGHT, think of something quick defense.

So in your black and white world, everybody is mentally stable then?

That is NOT what he is saying. Please re-read and re-comment with an appropriate response.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
This is ridiculous. Killing somebody for drugs is appalling! I mean it's drugs for Pete's sake! Man that country is really F'd up. And frankly so are all of you people who think this is ok or even a good idea!? God I can't even believe that you are the same species as me. Makes me ashamed to be a human! Drugs in general should be a mental health issue not a criminal issue.

Capital punishment is wrong for any crime. However, that said, those involved in drug smuggling are doing it for the money. They are NOT mentally unstable except for the fact that doing any crime in any country that carries a death penalty is pretty dumb. However money can be a great persuador.

Drugs should be legalised that way the drug is clean, licensed, taxed and the drug runners lose their business. That would sort out many of the terrorist countries as well.....funds dry up. It has been proven that legalising drugs DOES NOT result in increased usage.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Killing anyone is repugnant. It's the coward's way out. If it worked, there would be no murder or drug smuggling in countries with a death penalty for such offences.

If the guy was mentally ill, then even more so - that's despicable behaviour. Bipolar disorder is a bit more than being depressed. It can change your world upside down. It can reset your judgement, or spin it the other way entirely.

That people can be entirely ignorant of mental illness, and yet feel compelled to judge sufferers of it, is ridiculous.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I personally would reserve the death penalty for murder and treason, but "I" am not China

Those wishing not to be executed for importing drugs into China should not import drugs into China

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
Killing anyone is repugnant. It's the coward's way out. If it worked, there would be no murder or drug smuggling in countries with a death penalty for such offences.

That is like saying imprisonment doesn't work so why imprison- clearly you will never stop all murder regardless of which method, but the more severe the deterrent the less likely something is to occur

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join