It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Your Stance on Horse Slaughter?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

Honestly, I really feel sorry for you. You have a distorted view of both humanity and nature.

I'd explain more fully why I think that, but I would need to know the exercise would not be a futile one.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by loam]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Honestly, I really feel sorry for you. You have a distorted view of both humanity and nature.

I'd explain more fully why I think that, but I would need to know the exercise would not be a futile one.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by loam]

Humans are a sourge to the earth. We do not live in harmony with the very thing that keeps us alive. That would be Earth. Don't feel sorry for me for realizing how cruel a species we are not only to our animals, but also our planet. Do we humans really need all these caustic inventions that pollute and ruin life all things living. I feel sorry for you and your limited spiritual and rational view of the real world. Enjoy your rose colored glasses. With that said, I am not being mean to you. I want you to wake up!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45
I want you to wake up!

Ditto.

We will never agree, then.

I see man's frailties as a natural consequence of his existence. The fact that he is capable of thinking and acting beyond these frailties represents a type of 'promise' uniquely found in humankind.

I think anyone who consistently engages in self-loathing ensures that the most negative qualities we wish to avoid stick around.

I prefer to primarily focus on the beauty, wonder and promise mankind offers. I need only to look into a child's face to see our inherent 'goodness'.

Too bad you can't do the same.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

Originally posted by brilab45
I want you to wake up!

Ditto.

We will never agree, then.

I see man's frailties as a natural consequence of his existence. The fact that he is capable of thinking and acting beyond these frailties represents a type of 'promise' uniquely found in humankind.

I think anyone who consistently engages in self-loathing ensures that the most negative qualities we wish to avoid stick around.

I prefer to primarily focus on the beauty, wonder and promise mankind offers. I need only to look into a child's face to see our inherent 'goodness'.

Too bad you can't do the same.

Ok....I won't engage in senseless banter. Your right. We both have different views to a degree. However, reading between the lines we both want a world where there is less oppressive human behavior and a world where peace and beauty reigns. In order for that to happen, we have to fight and make moral/spiritual decisions how to coexist with nature, each other and the world. We are not so different after all. So there! Peace.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Well in the US we have a wild horse population that is a tad bit out of hand. I love Horses and believe they are a fine and noble beast. However they are no longer indigenous to North America. They were brought over by Europeans settlers. They have no natural predators. So their numbers will keep increasing. I say leave the wild horses alone but a constructive management system should be in place.

I believe in population control for several reasons.

1. It eliminates the weak and sick. [Which a natural predator would eliminate anyway]

2. Since their numbers are unmanaged and they are not indigenous they can be destructive to the natural environment.

3. Eliminating the weaker and sick would insure a healthier wild horse population.

BLM says 140 wild horses gathered in Nevada

RENO, Nev.—The Bureau of Land Management says 140 wild horses have been gathered in northern Nevada in the first days of a two-month effort to relocate thousands of animals.

Federal officials Thursday said most of the animals being taken off the range are in good condition, though one mare, estimated at 20 years old, was shot and killed when a veterinarian determined it was in poor health.

Wild horse advocates, who went to court in an unsuccessful attempt to block the roundup, criticized the killing as unnecessary.

The BLM says it needs to move the horses to control the population in an 850-square-mile area of public and private lands.

It plans to remove about 2,500 wild horses from the Calico Complex north of Reno, leaving 600 to 900 on the range.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I agree in general with much of what you have written. Provided, of course, that such management programs are in fact conducted soundly, which unfortunately they rarely are.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I have loved horses 41 years. Even since I was two and rode my Grandfather's horses. I would love to be able to own my own with land, visible from my kitchen window. So ,I feel it is wrong, and Bad, Bad ,Bad! The spanish mustangs can survive out west on sage bush cactus. I would like to help out the horse rescue an hour from here. Animals are OUR RESPONSIBILITY. Life is nothing with out all the animals.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by frugal
I have loved horses 41 years. Even since I was two and rode my Grandfather's horses. I would love to be able to own my own with land, visible from my kitchen window. So ,I feel it is wrong, and Bad, Bad ,Bad! The spanish mustangs can survive out west on sage bush cactus. I would like to help out the horse rescue an hour from here. Animals are OUR RESPONSIBILITY. Life is nothing with out all the animals.

At one time I had 65 acres of land and was blessed with several horses, donkeys, chickens, etc. Nature shows us what is important and where we fit in the natural realm of life. We like to think we are OH so much above the animal kingdom, but we fall terribly short.

It was a great deal of work to take care of the land and animals, but well worth it. I have such a better sense of my place in the universe. We are both insignificant and yet large in scope of our appreciation for existence. Wonder what the animals think? I'm sure they know better that us. I've seen horses beg for their death. They are mammals just like us, just a diffierent understanding (than human minds) of the world around us.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by frugal

Horse lover my whole life. and i agree with it

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

we are part of earth. though we do not live in harmony with it, there is a reason we are here. humans are animals, the only difference is that we are preventing our evolution spiratually and otherwise.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join