It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Your Stance on Horse Slaughter?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I hope that this discussion can please remain civil.

OK, what is your stance on horse slaughter?

i, as a person who raises horses, am all for it. horse slaughter is sort of neccesary to keep the horse population at a manageable amount, and put down horses that may pose a risk to people, such as a horse that kicks a five-year-old in the head and the kid needs to go to the ER (i've seen it happen).

horses are animals, and are acceptable to eat. if we treat horses like humans, why not treat cows, chicken, pigs, etc., as humans too? (i am not trying to sound like an animal rights activist. i am a card carrying member of PETA, the people for the eating of tasty animals.)

if we do not have horse slaughter, we in effect create a new problem. horses will end up on the side of roads because no one can care for them. and the government, at its current rate, will soon make it illegal to euthanize our own horses.

so, what is your stance?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Animal rights activists will say their should be a better way, like sterilization or take them home and make them pets.

In reality, animals are animals, they do not have human emotions and are instinctive, no matter how many times we see movies which attribute animals all these amazing abilities and extra sensory perseption, truth is
If you die, your cat will sit on your body until the warmth has gone and if it gets hungry, it will start eating you.
If you are in the forrest and a bear comes upon you, it isn't going to weigh up if you are a nice person or not, react in the right way and you will survive, do the wrong thing and you are food.

same in the ocean or anywhere else in the world, only exceptions may be sea mammals and primates, everything else is reactive.

so with the emotion out of the way, animals should be culled if they pose a threat to themselves through over grazing, danger of them enetering roadways or if they lose fear of humans and pose a threat to human life.

I do not believe in killing for the sake of killing, I do not believe in being cruel to animals and will even pull over to the side of the road to rescue a frog or render assistance to an injured animal.

So I am an animal lover, I am also a realist

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

I have seen horses that react with emotion, so yeah.

and i agree with your points. horse slaughter is for food.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Wrong forum. Why are you asking here anyhow?

Try these. The topic has been done to death.
www.chronofhorse.com...
www.chronofhorse.com...

www.chronofhorse.com...

www.chronofhorse.com...
www.chronofhorse.com...
www.chronofhorse.com...
www.chronofhorse.com...
www.chronofhorse.com...

[edit on 28-12-2009 by ..5..]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
OK, what is your stance on human slaughter?

I, as a person who raises humans, am all for it. human slaughter is sort of necessary to keep the human population at a manageable amount, and put down humans that may pose a risk to people, such as a human that kicks a five-year-old in the head and the kid needs to go to the ER (I’ve seen it happen).

Humans are animals, and are acceptable to eat. If we treat humans like animals, why not treat cows, chicken, pigs, etc., as humans too? (I am not trying to sound like an human rights activist.)

If we do not have human slaughter, we in effect create a new problem. Humans will end up on the side of roads because no one can care for them and the government, at its current rate, will soon make it illegal to euthanize our own humans. so, what is your stance?

Meh!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Absum!

the difference between animals and man is man.
We alter their enviroment and make it harder for them to survive in the wild without coming into contact with humans.

Humans on the other hand die out in a number of ways.
1. Wars: when a world war happens and it will happen, the population will in fact decrease rapidly.
2. famine: people are rioting now over food due to famine
3. Disease: won't be long before a new super bugh takes out a large portion of the population.
4. Natural disasters: earthquakes, floods and tsunamis take their toll on human populations and possibly even the sun itself will play a large factor in the coming years.

So animals are the unfortunate victim, humanity on the other hand not living with nature will have to feel the wrath of its revenge.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
we are all animals.
u should try some human meat once in while, because when the crash comes, u will have plenty of human meat.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Of course they should die....How else would the glue factories stay open?

P eople
E ating
T asty
A nimals

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Absum!

Awesome response.

Two lines.!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
www.dontevenreply.com...

Illegal? I cant imagine that.
If its NECESSARY then by all means, like if they are dangerous or too old. I have heard they taste bad. But hundreds of years ago they were just like edible cars. You ride it til it cant and then eat it!

I think of them like all farm animals, you can get attached to them, my mother had a pet cow when she was little she loved, even 'dumb' animals can seem to have human qualities.

But we cant just pick and choose whats illegal to eat/not. (other than humans!)

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Utterly incomprehensible! There is plenty of land for these beautiful animals.

I've said it before and I will say it again, cull the human population. What makes us so great. At least the horses understand their natural purpose.

We as humans have not. This world belongs to the animalsl Not humans. They understand nature. We manipulate nature.

We are the problem. God forgive us!

[edit on 29-12-2009 by brilab45]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45
Utterly incomprehensible! There is plenty of land for these beautiful animals.

I've said it before and I will say it again, cull the human population. What makes us so great. At least the horses understand their natural purpose.

We as humans have not. This world belongs to the animalsl Not humans. They understand nature. We manipulate nature.

We are the problem. God forgive us!

[edit on 29-12-2009 by brilab45]

So, what you are saying is that horses are a part of nature and humans are not? They are more deserving of life than humans? Ever heard of overgrazing? Herd animals can destroy ecosystems just like man can.
I don't agree with shooting any animals unless they will be utilized for food or if they are a danger to people or the environment.
Horses do not understand their purpose, they simply live their lives without questioning anything.
If you're for culling the human population to help save the earth then by all means, you can go first.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LocoHombre

One might argue that we have too many horses in the world, because people like you insist on breeding and raising them. I'm not saying this is wrong in itself, if that's what you want to do, but it kinda starts the argument the wrong way round. There is the same issue with cats and dogs....we breed them, to suit our own purposes and vanities, and then when we can't or WONT care for them, we kill them. Millions are killed every year in the US alone, simply because of OUR carelessness.

Food is not the issue here...we are not starving, we don't need horses for food. I do agree in some way that if you *have* to slaughter an animal, then it should be used as completely as possible, but it's better to avoid having to kill it in the first place. Animals don't have human emotions...they have emotions specific to their species for a reason, and it's merely our human arrogance that puts our emotional make up before theirs.

And Absum! I love you!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Absum!

pray tell, what is your experiance with animals outside of pets like cats and dogs? if even that?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

we have not breed for the last 3-4 years. our horses are loved and cared for. yet the animal rights extremists make all breeders out to be heartless beings who make horses live in tiny barns. our horses are on a freerange pasture, and are well proided for.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

yes, they are beautiful, but there is is not enough land for them, unfortunately. we lose thousands and thousands of acres of land a day to urban sprawl.

and, like all domesticated animals, they are dependent upon humans.

like think of the family dog, if you turned him loose in, say, North Dakota, do you think he would have a good life, and LIVE?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

That sounds like a pretty perfect life for them. It makes me happy to hear about that. I know some animal extremists can be a little *too*extreme, but there are too many domesticated animals of all kind in the world, and it's collectively our fault. We have to face that fact. I have a very difficult time on a personal level with the slaughter of any animal on any grounds except terminal illness or extreme behavioural difficulties. That's just my personal view. I know that if I had to kill to eat, I almost certainly couldn't do it, and absolutely not a horse.

Ultimately, keeping them at a manageable level would occur naturally if they were left totally alone, and if we must get involved, shouldn't it to be to stop them breeding in the first place, rather than kill them if we think there are to many? Isn't that more compassionate and humane?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
If you believe it is alright go to

www.animalrecoverymission.org

They are having a real pronlem in Florida with illegal slaugherhouses. Watch some of the videos this guy took and see what he has to say. He can not get any body in goverment to help him, all the so called agencies that can help are afraid to help.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

yes it is incompassionate, but it's for food.

and, if you do just let a domesticated animal live in the wild, it'll die rather quickly, from starvation, predators, etc.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I agree with your position as it relates to domesticated horses.

In my view, if we breed an animal for use, or pleasure, then we also have a responsibility to it, including a preference for slaughter over neglect.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by loam]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join