It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone seen their reflection during an OOBE??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Just wondering while I try to cultivate my own experience. I've had a few sleep paralysis situations (several induced by KAVA), but I didn't know anything about astral bodies at the time, so was unable to take it to the next level. I've been experimenting with binaural beats somewhat, but still nothing too outrageous....Anyway, like I said, just curious....

Best,
Skunknuts

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Funny you ask that question. During one OOBE I do remember thinking to myself "Hey, you should actually look at your reflection". What I saw was quite weird. I was punching my fists through the window in the kitchen while in my astral body, yet I looked at my reflection and it just showed me standing there with my arms folded, even though I was moving quite a lot.

Was quite weird. Also, you feel vibrations run through you when you walk through windows. Quite a weird and funny experience.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
OBEs are Lucid Dreams, and I lucid dream as often as I can afford the time in bed.

When you look at a reflective surface, your mind doesn't know how to handle a "parallel universe flipped 90 degrees" and thusly, screws up. For me, looking at a mirror while lucid yields strange phenomenon that is always slightly different. Sometimes mirrors are all warpy, sometimes mirrors look like portals from WOW, other times you see yourself in the mirror doing something completely different from what you really are doing.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
When I lucid dream I try never to look in the mirror because I read somewhere that if you look in the mirror during a lucid dream your brain doesn't know what to do and you could be looking at a horrifying picture, aliens abducting your body(or something else happening to it), or just you only terribly disfigured. Bottom line is in a lucid dream, anything can happen with mirrors so i just don't look at them.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by fafs74
When I lucid dream I try never to look in the mirror because I read somewhere that if you look in the mirror during a lucid dream your brain doesn't know what to do and you could be looking at a horrifying picture, aliens abducting your body(or something else happening to it), or just you only terribly disfigured. Bottom line is in a lucid dream, anything can happen with mirrors so i just don't look at them.

Whoa, that's pretty death metal. I wonder what an alternate, corpse me would look like. That sounds like it'd be pretty neat.

top topics

join