It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

where do u think atlanis is.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Some years ago I read Rose and Rand Flem-Ath's "When the Sky Fell: Atlantis in Antarctica".

They presented a compelling theory that an earth crust displacement event took place that would have relocated Antarctica from a more temperate location to its present day one. That might explain some of the anomalous topographical features below the layer of ice that now covers it.

As for the Pillars of Hercules, they suggest that the term had a different meaning in ancient times.

They support their theory well enough that it certainly shouldn't be entirely discounted.

Here's a link to the Flem-Ath's own website:
Flem-Ath.com

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
It’s been located in Antarctica under the ice. They have a satellite picture of it that they accidentally let slip on on a bbc2 documentary. I have searched the internet many times over the years for that picture but it has never showed up.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle

Originally posted by serbsta

If there are remnants of a lost city(ies) then I would put my money on Antarctica above all else...

[edit on 28/12/2009 by serbsta]

Why do people choose to ignore the primary sources?

Plato clearly states the City of Atlantis is to be found: "in front of the Pillars of Hercules".(Plato's Timaeus)

He didn't say across from, he didn't say past, he clearly stated it was "in front of the Pillars of Hercules".(Ibid)

Who's talking about Atlantis? I'm not, I'm referring to a forgotten civilization, Plato's story telling holds no water with me (no pun intended). Antarctica would be a prime location for preserved ruins of a forgotten people.

Don't preach to me about primary sources, thanks.

[edit on 30/12/2009 by serbsta]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by tinarg

I always put my money on the Great Meteor Seamount, though honestly most geologists don't believe it was ever above water (to my knowledge).

Coordinates are in the Wikipedia Article

I remember reading an articles about a ship sighting an island rising from those exact coordinates in the 1800s but like most such claims the ships log was said to have been destroyed in a fire.

I don't think it's Plato's Atlantis, his Atlantis is a mix of allegory and myth and is probably loosely based on the Minoans.

Minoan Eruption

I think there are hundreds of cultures lost to sea level changes, climate variation, etc whose ruins we have yet to discover. I doubt they will bare much resemblance to Plato's Atlantis but I think if we find ruins of any sufficiently advanced culture we can dub it an atlantis, a civilization lost to time only to be rediscovered thousands of years later...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Antarctica, I think its closely related to Shamballah. Trapped under ice and snow, maybe underground, though I reckon much like a beautiful woman there are multiple openings...

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
the best source that I have found that details this is "ashayana deane". She indicates that the Lamurians were in the content that sank between California and Hawaii. The Atlantians continent was between Florida, passing Cuba to almost Africa. The daughter of the ruler of Atlantis created another area close to Santorini.

see "Voyagers I" by Ashayana deane.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   
It is actually in TWO places!

1. The works of Plato

2. Your imagination

Deny ignorance.

jw

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
the nesos of atlas is on the pelagos of atlas which is part of okeanos potamos in hades.

this means that the peninsular island of atlas is on the flooded plain of atlas which is part of the river ocean which is the main body of water in the underworld.

okeanos potamos is a very popular subject in mythology and where it was is no mystery at all. until well after platos death it was a freshwater body not salty.

okeanos ran past the pillars of hercules and on the shore of it was the great rectangular cowpen of geryon [poseidons g.son] at gadiera [gadiera is mentioned in the story]. hercules had a great victory at the cowpen and it was another one of the features the phoenicians were trying to find with no success at gibraltar.

if the egyptians told the greeks the story then you can be sure that the bad guys were the persians... they were the hated and feared enemy of the greeks and the egyptians and war was about to break out.

the persians have a zoroastrian story about yima who lives on a great freshwater sea vourukasa. he builds a three ringed city and then a great rectangular cowpen nearby to survive a great flood which wipes out the circular city.

the sumerians etc had a similar tale about enki and his bolts which bar the sea that he builds and manages and feeds. they are eventually flooded with fish but happily he has a great rectangular cowpen nearby.

but the egyptians also have the story of ptah who hollows out the circles of the underworld. these ditch and dirt constructions are flooded and become hidden and unapproachable when the great freshwater sea they are on turns into the lake of fire. ptah has build a great enclosure nearby and that saves the day.

someone had very little imagination it seems.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
i think ΑΤΛΑΝΤΙΣ is near the continent of America , but there are many possibilities that there are other "cities" lost cities like atlantis on the sahara desert , the Herculian Columns (saying it right?) , and Takla Makan Desert.ooh and South America too.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It could be in the Atlantic or the Gulf.

But when pole shifts and stuff of that nature it is believed that Atlantis will rise, and so will the race of Atlantis.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by true-life
the best source that I have found that details this is "ashayana deane". She indicates that the Lamurians were in the content that sank between California and Hawaii. The Atlantians continent was between Florida, passing Cuba to almost Africa. The daughter of the ruler of Atlantis created another area close to Santorini.

see "Voyagers I" by Ashayana deane.

But Lemuria isnt even supposed to be in the pacific... Its supposed to have been in the Indian ocean.

Anyway, yet another year where I've seen absolutely nothing in terms of evidence that Atlantis could be placed anywhere but in myth.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Under my bed.

Because when i can't find somehing anywhere else. I can be sure it's rolled off under my bed.

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I personally think it was outside the Pillars of Heracles as Plato stated. Near Spain and northern Africa seems logical. Where it is now, no idea, plate movements could have done anything to my concern, I'm not much of a geologist. lol But I found a wonderful website that helps I think, the man it's run by seems very intelligent and well-read. atlantisquest.com...

posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
OK, it's HIGHLY Classified, but... It's in the Pegasus Galaxy!

But seriously, I'll have to go with the myth originating with the Minoans, and the destruction of their civilization from the tsunamis created by the violent explosion of the Santorini Volcano, circa 1450 b.c. (source). The parallels are staggering between the mythical Atlanteans and the Minoans. But then again, I could be dead wrong... Just my $0.02 worth on the subject (and the really cool chance to post the Stargate: Atlantis pic!!!).

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I will reiterate you're all looking in the wrong place

It is in the Indian ocean.

Come on the clues are obvious:

Athens, 9000 years ago? There was no Athens 9600 years ago. In other words it is a reference to the Proto-Greeks i.e., the proto-Indo-Europeans. In other words Indians. Athens is the ancient name of India.

Atlantis refers to the massive naval power known as Lanka that was a massive continent in the Indian ocean and dominated Asia and the Pacific. It was at war with the Indians. After the war, it sank overnight.

Incidentally, marine archeaology has taken off massively in the Indian ocean recently and a lot of sunken cities are allegedly being found there. See Hancock's "Underworld"

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child

Athens, 9000 years ago? There was no Athens 9600 years ago. In other words it is a reference to the Proto-Greeks i.e., the proto-Indo-Europeans. In other words Indians. Athens is the ancient name of India.

Can you please source this?

I've never heard of it before in my life.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

Sorry, I should have said Athens is the ancient Greek name for India. The word Athens comes from the goddess Athenia that is identical to the Indian goddess Saraswati, both are goddesses of wisdom, learning and rivers. The ancient Indian civilisation was built on the banks of the river Saraswati(Greek: Athena) which was a highly reveered river of the Indians that flowed throughout of India. Thus, by that logic, the Proto-greeks must have called India Athens.

To seal it the Indian texts refer to the Greeks as living in India at the times the Proto-Greeks would have been. Hence as we know for a fact that the Athens Atlantis attacked cannot be the Athens in Greece, it must be what they called Athens in the place they were living 9600 years ago: India.

[edit on 5-1-2010 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
An important point that I just remembered. If you think about it, it is quite logial.

The name India itself comes from "Indus" which refers to the people beyond the river Indus(Sanskrit: Sindhu). In very ancient times, it was not the Indus which was the main river of India, it was the Saraswati river, and therefore the Proto-greeks who were living at the time the Saraswati was thriving, would have name it based on the Saraswati, the Greek equivalent: Athenia - Athens.

The other clue is Hercules is the Greek equivalent of Krishna. The Pillar of Hercules is therefore another reference to India.

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Athena and Saraswati are NOT identical.

Whilst both are goddesses of wisdom and learning, Athena is the Greek Goddess of War and carries a shield and spear.

Saraswati is the Indian goddess of Creation and holds a Lotus flower.

res

posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by resistancia

This is just the cultural depiction of Athena by the later more war-like Greeks. There are going to be differences of course, just as the Greek God Zeus has different depictions than Indra, but we know that Zeus and Indra are referring to the same Proto-Indo-European gods.

There is no mystery regarding the ancient Indians and the Greeks sharing the same Proto-Indo-European culture, including language, myths and religion. At one point the Indians and Greeks were together. And we know today from archaeological evidence that Indians are indigenous to india, it follows that the Proto-Indo-Europeans are from India. In other words Indians and Greeks were together in India. Just as Indian records say.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join