It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry, Vegans: Brussels Sprouts Like to Live, Too

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

A person's brain would appear to be a highly complex computer. Pain is just a reaction. I don't think anybody really knows what awareness really is, although everybody seems to recognize it when they have it.

-rrr

Your post does not conclude anything, it's missing evidence and scentific data, and it does not serve on why plants feel or don't feel.
Awarnes is connected with the brain, either scientifical or on a spiritual view. Mind/brain, your mind is the spiritual part of the brain. Brain is the computer for turning things in to feelings on a phisical notion.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
As you can see here: Vegetarian Athletes - 10 Olympic Champions

ezinearticles.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Do you know how many bunnies there are hopping around UK fields in the summer months? Estimates around around 300 million.

This probably has nothing to do with all the fox hunts.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73
So every time the wind blows basically, youre in pain.

An obvious lie and lack of thought.

What is pain? A sensation. So, then yes, I feel a sensation every time the wind blows.

Plus, it's been proven that plants feel pain.

Scientists Prove Plants Feel Pain, Vegans Face Starvation

www.department13designs.com...

Plant Brain: Each root apex harbours a unit of nervous system of plants. The number of root apices in the plant body is high and all brain-units are interconnected via vascular strands (plant nerves) with their polarly-transported auxin (plant neurotransmitter), to form a serial (parallel) nervous system of plants. The computational and informational capacity of this nervous system based on interconnected parallel units is predicted to be higher than that of the diffuse nervous system of lower animals, or the central nervous system of higher animals/humans.

wiki.answers.com...

Still want to argue that plants don't feel pain and/or have a nervous system and brain?

lol i cant even respond to this nonsense

LOL. Why not try? Tell me what will happen to all your plant food when it is over run by animals eating it? You will starve that's what.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
reply to post by pantherstar

Now now, how many cases can you pull out of the bucket?
Maybe they were part brain dead, there are cases where some part of the brain isis left active.There is partial comma you know, where part of the brain is left active. I guess this makes it safe for you to have surgery without going to sleep because acording to you it's the same thing.

What is the point of surgery and sleep, it's making you a vegtable so you won't feel anything. Because sleeping makes it better, even better is if you are a plant, think about it, no brains at all, no pain.

Now I wonder how many cases I could pull out of my bucket VS yours.
I think I would have a land slide of milions, and if this were an election I would win.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by pepsi78]

Is there not cases also where people have been on the operating table, under anaesthetic, yep, all machines are saying patient is out cold,,yet only to have been awake throughout the whole procedure? Another example of something appearing unaware yet clearly aware of everything.

Its happened in hospitals and dentists.

My point was that although something may appear to be unaware , on occasion there actually is an awareness.

Im sure i could pull a documentary out my bucket regarding the above cases if you want?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78

A person's brain would appear to be a highly complex computer. Pain is just a reaction. I don't think anybody really knows what awareness really is, although everybody seems to recognize it when they have it.

-rrr

Your post does not conclude anything, it's missing evidence and scentific data, and it does not serve on why plants feel or don't feel.
Awarnes is connected with the brain, either scientifical or on a spiritual view. Mind/brain, your mind is the spiritual part of the brain. Brain is the computer for turning things in to feelings on a phisical notion.

Just start the atkins diet, eat only meat and you will die in a year or two.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by amance
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

One major difference between plants and animals is that many plants depend on animals consuming (eating) them as part of the reproductive cycle (their seeded offspring relocated to another area covered in nutrient-rich waste).

From a moral perspective, eating a plant is morally beneficial to the plant itself and to the species.

Could this mean that some parasites are actually plants, for at least the parasites that need to be eaten in order to survive....

An entire life cycle from those that "like" to be eaten.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux
Are you Homer Simpson or what? Are you now start trolling or what?

Yeah, I'm Homer Simpson or a troll just because I'm not a militant vegan.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I mean - Lets eat the realy Enemy: Zombieplants!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

You completely ignore the fact that to maintain crops you have to kill a lot of animals, so why not eat these pest species?

It's not a fact, its something you made up.

Do you know how many bunnies there are hopping around UK fields in the summer months? Estimates around around 300 million. Have you any clue what would happen if we did not cull these?

Twenty for every fox you people have culled? Have you any idea what would happen to the rabbit population if you stopped culling foxes?

By eating more crops more animals have to be culled but people like yourself like to ignore that simple fact.

Not a fact, but youre right in that it is simple.

I am in full support that people should eat more grains and pulses however I would happily argue that meat is important for efficient functioning of the human body, which btw is why vegans are often said to be at higher risk for anemia, B12 difficieny and even osteoporosis compared to moderate meat eaters (note moderate not high). It also explains why vegan and vegetarian body builders are far smaller than meat eating ones.

The digestion of meat is highly inefficient. Do you have any evidence for these claims you keep making?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter

Are you Homer Simpson or what? Are you now start trolling or what?

Yeah, I'm Homer Simpson or a troll just because I'm not a militant vegan.

Comeon. You said it need less soja because you eat meat. And if you dont eat the animals it needs more food for them. That a logic is that? Or are you realy that "(D-Word)"?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

ezinearticles.com...

Wow. A whole 10 out of how many again?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Comeon. You said it need less soja because you eat meat. And if you dont eat the animals it needs more food for them. That a logic is that? Or are you realy that "(D-Word)"?

Are you saying that once a cow is killed it needs more food?

Are you saying that if a cow lives it doesn't need more food?

Just what are you saying?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Is there not cases also where people have been on the operating table, under anaesthetic, yep, all machines are saying patient is out cold,,yet only to have been awake throughout the whole procedure? Another example of something appearing unaware yet clearly aware of everything.

Those cases imply othewise and are known very well.
In the documented cases the brain wakes up but the body is asleep(you can't move) You are traped in your brain and feel the pain because "your brain has woken up" It's actualy has to do with the fact that your brain is awake.

Its happened in hospitals and dentists.

You don't go to sleep at the dentist.

My point was that although something may appear to be unaware , on occasion there actually is an awareness.

Only because the sleeping pill/mask did not kick in like it should and your brain wakes up while your body is sedated.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73
So every time the wind blows basically, youre in pain.

An obvious lie and lack of thought.

What is pain? A sensation. So, then yes, I feel a sensation every time the wind blows.

Ah how simplistic of you. You must all blow your load every time the wind blows.

Plus, it's been proven that plants feel pain.

Scientists Prove Plants Feel Pain, Vegans Face Starvation

www.department13designs.com...

That is just somene saying something. Could you provide a link to the study?

Plant Brain: Each root apex harbours a unit of nervous system of plants. The number of root apices in the plant body is high and all brain-units are interconnected via vascular strands (plant nerves) with their polarly-transported auxin (plant neurotransmitter), to form a serial (parallel) nervous system of plants. The computational and informational capacity of this nervous system based on interconnected parallel units is predicted to be higher than that of the diffuse nervous system of lower animals, or the central nervous system of higher animals/humans.

wiki.answers.com...

Still want to argue that plants don't feel pain and/or have a nervous system and brain?

How about you download the actual study and try reading it. All they are trying to do is rename and giving different functions to parts that we already know about.

LOL. Why not try? Tell me what will happen to all your plant food when it is over run by animals eating it? You will starve that's what.

Because its ignorant. Tell me oh wise one, how do forests not only grow, but last so long if animals just eventually take over and eat all the plant matter? Shouldnt everything be a desert of starving animals by now?

[edit on 29-12-2009 by watcher73]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Life is a continuous process:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Good!
I keep a vegan diet and now I'm even happier that I can once again consume something that has a soul!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
well a little off topic, but you answered a question i've had for the last 5 months or so. I had all these little eggs on my brussel sprouts, and couldnt find out what they were...looks like female cabbage butterfly eggs...awesome!

back on topic. I could not kill an animal to eat, nearly as easy as picking vegetables. However, we have people to do that for us, so alot of us dont really think about what it took to get that veal on our plate, wich I think is wrong. Is it really worth the pain and suffering, to enjoy that 1 meal? I think in a "perfect world" we would all have to raise and slaughter or pick our own food. It would bring ALOT more awareness and compassion I believe. That would also help with obesity issues. I think we are convenience eaters for the most part. just my .02 good post- s&f

link   
When animals stop eating animals, I will stop eating animals.

MessOnTheFED!

link   

ezinearticles.com...

Wow. A whole 10 out of how many again?

I see on that list some of the greatest athletes ever known to have graced the Olympics.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join