It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry, Vegans: Brussels Sprouts Like to Live, Too

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by watcher73

Originally posted by pantherstar

I'm afraid that until you put up evidence of some sort of brain or nervous system (even if not the type we are used to seeing)

The Secret Life Of Plants

Buy the above book and read it - Very informative and somewhat eye opening.

So informative that you have informed us of nothing the entire thread.

Does your mummy always read your books for you son?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

Originally posted by '___'omino
Is there an expert in the house who could turn into a plant so we can see what it is like?

. . . . Anyone?

Once again, EVERYONE IGNORED the most intelligent response.

Are people here so blind? '___'omino, I don't always agree with you, but you've made the most intelligent statement of the week (at the least).

Bravo, bravo. And star. AND WHY ISN'T ANYONE ELSE STARRING?!

Enjoy the never-ending pointlessness.

Because its a stupid statement.

Enjoy thinking stupidity is genius and vice-versa.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I'm afraid that until you put up evidence of some sort of brain or nervous system (even if not the type we are used to seeing)

So informative that you have informed us of nothing the entire thread.

Does your mummy always read your books for you son?

Are you claiming to be my mummy?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   

I post that there should be evidence of a brain or nervous system. I get told to buy one book and read it. Is this magical book the only place that evidence exists for a plants brain and/or nervous system? Could you not put up evidence from another source if it existed? Could you not find quotes from the book to post?

Apparently not because then I get asked if my mummy (the egyptian kind?) reads my books for me?

Sorry my mummy is into the same new age psuedoscientific psychobabble that you are. She says the world will end in 2036 according to a psychic.

Maybe by then youll be able to answer whether or not plants have brains or nervous systems without simply putting up the name of a book and telling me to read it.

But I doubt it.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I post that there should be evidence of a brain or nervous system. I get told to buy one book and read it. Is this magical book the only place that evidence exists for a plants brain and/or nervous system? Could you not put up evidence from another source if it existed? Could you not find quotes from the book to post?

Apparently not because then I get asked if my mummy (the egyptian kind?) reads my books for me?

Sorry my mummy is into the same new age psuedoscientific psychobabble that you are. She says the world will end in 2036 according to a psychic.

Maybe by then youll be able to answer whether or not plants have brains or nervous systems without simply putting up the name of a book and telling me to read it.

But I doubt it.

Tell me, Are you going to read the book? Please read the book and come back and tell me then if you think plants have any type of emotional/nervous system. Please make sure you finish it by 2036, it's only a few hundred pages or so, just incase your mummy's right

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Tell me, Are you going to read the book? Please read the book and come back and tell me then if you think plants have any type of emotional/nervous system. Please make sure you finish it by 2036, it's only a few hundred pages or so, just incase your mummy's right

Obviously you have nothing to add to the debate. Except maybe to sell more copies of a book you wrote in 1973?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Obviously you have nothing to add to the debate. Except maybe to sell more copies of a book you wrote in 1973?

And what relevance does the year of a book have? Results are results, are they not?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:42 AM
link   

And what relevance does the year of a book have? Results are results, are they not?

If it was actually results you would have more than one.

Again, do you have evidence that plants have nervous systems or brains, or like the bible and xtians does all your evidence rest in one book?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Again, do you have evidence that plants have nervous systems or brains, or like the bible and xtians does all your evidence rest in one book?

what are you going on about, xtians and bibles ? Has absolutely nothing to do with this thread whatsoever. Sheesh.

I've pointed you in the direction of a book, I replied to a post where you asked a question which i feel is answered within the said book. Now if you wont read it, fair enough, i will not post any quotes from it or go looking for any evidence for you, i'm sure you are capable of researching yourself.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

what are you going on about, xtians and bibles ? Has absolutely nothing to do with this thread whatsoever. Sheesh.

I've pointed you in the direction of a book, I replied to a post where you asked a question which i feel is answered within the said book. Now if you wont read it, fair enough, i will not post any quotes from it or go looking for any evidence for you, i'm sure you are capable of researching yourself.

Yes is the correct answer.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

this is just a quick response to the thread; actually research involving plants had been going on for years; in Russia and elsewhere; I have an old book from 1974; named Handbook Of PSI Discoveries; by Shelia Ostrander and Lynn Schroeder; anyhow a quote from :" Love, hate, joy....and countless other appropriate responses to stimuli are as universal in plants as in animals," Sir Jagadis Chandra Bose, the great Indian physicist and botanist, maintained." yes plants feel; this in an interesting read; references material by researchers in USA and Russia; tells how to conduct experiments ; I got this book years ago; used; for its not so well known topics; hope this helps..........

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
@the OP-
no way man that's not true.
everyone knows brussel sprouts are all emo and suicidal and stuff.

the only way any life form wants to be eaten is if it uses that as part of its sex cycle.(insert lame joke here)
and then the embro(seed pod)will be protected from the digestive tract of the eater.

everyone seems to use pain as a moral compass but if there is no pain is it ok?
so if The kill is instantaneous or we dope up our victim is that ok?
would it be ok to kill and eat you if it was painless and you didn't see it coming?

except for the truly suicidal nothing WANTS to die but we must eat to exist,don't worry something eats us eventually unless cremated.

Is the cow's life worth more than the fields of grass it consumes to survive?The grass may see us as liberators and welcome us as heroes!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by speakthetruth

Please post on this forum evidence to sustain such claims and stop
advertising on this board. Credible evidence , with credible source.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by '___'omino
Is there an expert in the house who could turn into a plant so we can see what it is like?

. . . . Anyone?

Once again, EVERYONE IGNORED the most intelligent response.

Are people here so blind? '___'omino, I don't always agree with you, but you've made the most intelligent statement of the week (at the least).

Bravo, bravo. And star. AND WHY ISN'T ANYONE ELSE STARRING?!

Enjoy the never-ending pointlessness.

Because its a stupid statement.

Enjoy thinking stupidity is genius and vice-versa.

Wow... are people here getting -that- much dumber? Seriously?

Maybe it's just that y'all don't get what '___'omino is attempting to say...

That unless you're a plant, you're probably not going to know for sure if a plant feels pain or not.

Now, I assumed before that everyone understood that.. in fact, the statement is so utterly simple and "Duh" that it's amazing that '___'omino even had to say it at all.

I'm starting to wonder if you're a plant, watcher73.

Anyone who says that they know for a fact that a plant does not feel pain is senseless. All the possibilities and all the life that you people want to argue that must be possible in all the cosmos and yet, you want to argue that plants don't feel pain because they don't have what we perceive to be a "nervous system"?

And anyone who says that they know for a fact that a plant does feel pain is senseless. All the possibilities and all the life that you people want to argue that must be possible in all the cosmos and yet, you want to argue that plants must feel pain because they are a part of the "living force" of the universe... i.e. - energy?

You're both incredibly stupid! Shame on your stupidity. Shoo, shoo. Go away and take a bath and get that stinky stupidity stank off you.

I don't even know that YOU feel pain except that if I kicked you in the head, you'd probably cry.

You know ...there are some people on this planet with brains that don't feel pain. Wiki or google it. I'm not talking about no monk-ey business either. Mwahaha!

Enjoy your "genius" conversation.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Wow... are people here getting -that- much dumber? Seriously?

Maybe it's just that y'all don't get what '___'omino is attempting to say...

That unless you're a plant, you're probably not going to know for sure if a plant feels pain or not.

Now, I assumed before that everyone understood that.. in fact, the statement is so utterly simple and "Duh" that it's amazing that '___'omino even had to say it at all.

I'm starting to wonder if you're a plant, watcher73.

Anyone who says that they know for a fact that a plant does not feel pain is senseless. All the possibilities and all the life that you people want to argue that must be possible in all the cosmos and yet, you want to argue that plants don't feel pain because they don't have what we perceive to be a "nervous system"?

And anyone who says that they know for a fact that a plant does feel pain is senseless. All the possibilities and all the life that you people want to argue that must be possible in all the cosmos and yet, you want to argue that plants must feel pain because they are a part of the "living force" of the universe... i.e. - energy?

You're both incredibly stupid! Shame on your stupidity. Shoo, shoo. Go away and take a bath and get that stinky stupidity stank off you.

I don't even know that YOU feel pain except that if I kicked you in the head, you'd probably cry.

You know ...there are some people on this planet with brains that don't feel pain. Wiki or google it. I'm not talking about no monk-ey business either. Mwahaha!

Enjoy your "genius" conversation.

More idiocy.

Do you think animals feel pain and why?

Come kick me.

edit: all this talk of being a plant to know what a plant feels or not yet you claim i didnt know what he was talking about simply because i called it stupid? how would you know what i think without being me? der eh?

[edit on 29-12-2009 by watcher73]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:48 AM
link   

And yet not one person without a brain that does feel pain.

Wiki or google that.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
People who refuse to eat certain types of food for moral reasons are painting themselves into a corner. Almost everything we eat involves killing or harming plants or animals in some way.If you think about it too much, you will end up starving to death for your principals.

If you don't think about it enough, you will end up overpopulated and environmentally-depleted for your lack of forsight.

I can only wish that societies will become much more aware of the implications of what they eat.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by maus80]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Touch, sight, hearing, speech. “These are sensory modalities and abilities we normally think of as only being in animals,” Dr. Hilker said.

Hurray! As I always suspected my animal traps are alive!

Each has a transceiver so it can send me a message when it catches something. I can send them all a signal to turn them off when kids are trespassing in the area (not out of false concern for trespassers but out of self preservation and the avoidance of lawsuits). Step on one of those puppies and you will see that it is sensitive to touch.

Oops, that leaves out sight. Admittedly they can't see but then neither can a blind piano player -are you saying sightless people are nonliving?

I wonder if next time some PETA activist smashes one of my traps it can sue for violation of its civil rights? (Well not all lawsuits are pointless.)

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by gusan
reply to post by pepsi78

Boiling water is a physics reaction, we are talking about bacterial reaction, about a plant recognising a specific signal or individual as evil the moment

It's just like a biological computer, it does not need to feel pain, joy. It just is. It's not the plant reacting, it's the cells in the plant. There is no uplink for the cells to link to a higher level to form the notion of awarnes.
It's just programed to do that, programming languege is complex is it not?
it will identify, create but it will not feel.

Do you think your DNA is self aware? Can you feel your DNA talk to you?
DNA code is very complex, but alone it can't produce awarenes.

Smart is not awarenes. All you do is provide information on identification and reaction. What none of you did is provide infomation on the cells, how they work and why they feel. All I see is "they feel, they identify without any explenation why. It's like saying , did you see that? but failing to explain it.

Right on the subject it seems, on topic, here is a poem made by me
Most funny thing, here it is.
===============================================
Being brain dead (in a comma) makes you a vegtable. If that were the case one could come and cut your hand and you would not feel it, wonder why, because no brain, no pain, no game.
===============================================

[edit on 29-12-2009 by pepsi78]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Brussel sprouts do not have a nervous system, and could not care less if they were stomped to death, eaten, or let to live a sprouty existence.

Animals, however, do have a nervous system. Animals may not be as intelligent as humans, but they want to live all the same. Its instinct.

Yes its completely possible, even easy, to live as a vegetarian. And no, there aren't any proteins in meat we can't find elsewhere. Those animals had to develop those proteins from somewhere correct?

Common sense goes a long way.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join