It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Alarmists, how far is too far to stop global warming??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Lets pretend that 'Global Warming' is everything they say. Despite the deterioration of Alarmist talking points, it seems Alarmists still push on. But here I'd like to skip all that and play along in the concept of Alarmist truth. Here we'll overlook flaws in computer models that make all the predictions, and so on. How far is too far? What is is worth to stop what you believe is going to happen?

These questions may sound cynical, but Al Gore claims its pretty much already too late.

How many trillions of 'monetary units' is it worth?

What percentage of your annual income should be taxed for this?

What percentage of your annual income should you be required to personally invest in reducing your carbon footprint?

How high should energy prices be artificially increased in order to get you to use less energy?

How many vacations should we be allowed to take each year, if any?

Should we all be required to use laptop PC's (or smaller) that use less energy?

What's the largest TV screen we are allowed to have?

How much privacy do we need to lose, in order that the (world?) can be sure we're not commiting carbon/etc sins?

How many gallons of water per day total should we be allowed to use?

How much in price increases in all things used by humans is too much?

How many days in jail should we face for having a bonfire with friends?

How much jailtime should we face for having more than one child?

How much human suffering in general is it worth?

Is it really worth having a communistic dictatorial global government take over the world?

How many humans can die now each year by diverting funds into global warming research and programs?

How many humans can suffer blight and blindness from lack of vitamins now each year by diverting funds into global warming research and programs?

Hw many humans should be exterminated right away in order to stop global warming?

What percentage of the population should serve as citizen snitch brigades? All?

Should all space travel be put to a halt?

Is Artificial Intelligence (i.e. Skynet) and the threats it poses to the total existence to humans worth stopping global warming? I ask because that is literally the case right now.

Is it worth near-abandoning the use of most modern plastics in order to stop using petroleum? I ask since we get our plastics at the same time we get our fuel.

What facets of our daily lives should be exempt from global warming policies, if any?

Should technological elitist scientists really be able to overule democracy?

Should wars be raged today in order to stop global warming?

Should the eating of 'farting meat' be outlawed? If so, what penalties should be imposed on the guilty?

Should large farting animals such as cattle be exterminated?

If beans replacing meat in human diet produces nearly as much methane, how many humans should be eliminated in order to curb methane emissions?

Should air conditioning and furnace units be outlawed? Or what is the highest or lowest temp deviation from the outside environment can be offset by such appliances?

Should we be forced to be strict vegetarians?

Should we only be allowed to buy local vegetables, which subjects us to seasonal availability issues? Dont forget, if we have to become vegetarians we'll be desperate for variety.

How far should the industrialized world be deindustrialized?

Should we only be allowed to buy a certain amount of clothes, or other items (please list) per year?

What, if anything, shouldn't be considered in all of this?

To what extent should other everyday real life environmental issues be ignored in order to stop this? It seems most already are with all of the focus in global warming.

While we're at it, why don't you scream as loud about mandating industrial hemp for all paper use, as loud as you scream about global warming?

Much high of a fine for getting caught using incandesant lightbulbs?

Should we not be allowed to upgrade our PC's unless the parts actually break?

Should we not be allowed to waste electricity doing things like playing videos games and using our devices for other entertainment purposes?

What are the largest speakers we can have in our homes, our cars?

Are we allowed to drink pure reverse osmosis water? In the RO process, more water is rejected than allowed thru. Municipal water pumping stations use energy.

What are the maximum lumens (measurement of light), or wattage per cubic foot allowed at night (or day) time inside dwellings?

What do you have against one having brothers, sisters, cousins, aunts or uncles?

How many grams of food per day should anyone be allowed to eat?

Arcades: a good thing?

What sports should be outlawed first? Last?

Are allowed to have a pool, a hot tub?

What should be closed first, waterparks or rollercoaster parks?

Argh. Thats all I have time for.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Great thread!

Your money will be fine - forget the other things. We can offset.

S+F!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Global Warming is not caused by man, period. This is all about control and money.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You brought up a number of good questions but the answers aren’t really that hard to guess. That is, I can’t tell you exactly how much meat you and I will be allowed to eat or how much air conditioning we can use. But what I can tell you, for certain, is that none of these restrictions will apply to Al Gore and his ilk because they are better than you or I.

Those deluded plutocrats will have all kinds of rules for us and very few for themselves. Their current actions already show this pattern of behavior. But hey, it’s nothing new: pharaohs and kings have always had one set of rules for the ‘little people’ and one for the upper classes. It just makes me mad that some of the muppets down here with us are helping the elites gain even more privilege at our expense.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by passenger]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Even if global warming isn't man made, what's so bad about creating a monetary incentive for alternative energy sources and higher energy efficiency?

You people are bat-sh!t crazy if you think oil is a renewable resource, or any hydrocarbon is a renewable resource, for that matter.

You're all probably bad at this, but sometimes you have to focus on the long term -- 40 - 50 - 60 - 100+ years into the future. In that respect, there is a lot to gain from carbon legislation.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Well, unless you can stop the Sun orbiting the center of the Milky Way and stop the Earth rotating around our Sun; then there is absolutely nothing you can do about Global Warming.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

hi,
bat sht crazy here.

we can extract oils and hydrocarbons from just about any living organism.
I can extract the oils from your skull if you'd quit squirming.

I am not disagreeing with the point you were trying to make,just saying your statement was incorrect.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaytagg
Even if global warming isn't man made, what's so bad about creating a monetary incentive for alternative energy sources and higher energy efficiency?

where is that money going and what is it's purpose? is it just to deter the use of carbon emitting actions, or is it a fund to help re-forest the barren wastelands? Who is going to get richer because of these charges? Who will get poorer?

You people are bat-sh!t crazy if you think oil is a renewable resource, or any hydrocarbon is a renewable resource, for that matter.

absolutely. It's a shame that the whole "global climate change" idiots aren't trying to fund alternative energies with as much zeal as they try to convince us that Al Gore is right. Then we might get somewhere.

You're all probably bad at this, but sometimes you have to focus on the long term -- 40 - 50 - 60 - 100+ years into the future. In that respect, there is a lot to gain from carbon legislation.

not so much. Change carbon legislation to search for renewable energy, and you might have a point.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I'd like to ask a few questions for the alarmists who advocate a eugenic solution.

Which of your siblings isn't worth their carbon footprint?

Even if you are an only child, which of the family tree branches would you have eliminated from your ancestors multiple child families?

Should we abort based on probability of "genetic defects" and how should we quantify the "defects". Would Stephen Hawking have made the cut?

Birth control is not 100% effective so if a condom breaks and the mother already had her one child limit, then should she be forced to have an abortion by the state?

Should wealthy individuals be allowed to by enough carbon credits to have more than one child?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
How disappointing! Not one Alarmist has seemed to step up and deal with these questions. If you have an agenda you had better be ready to tells us what you plan for us. I started this thread in reponse to the countless times I've asked these people what they think souldnt be done, etc, and they always dodge ithe question in debates.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv
Well, unless you can stop the Sun orbiting the center of the Milky Way and stop the Earth rotating around our Sun; then there is absolutely nothing you can do about Global Warming.

Thank You

Thank You

Thank You

Global Warming is the single greatest Idiocy of my lifetime, and even if it was true it ends in an Ice Age thanks to the North Atlantic current...

It has little to do with us if at all, and even if that was the case some how these living walking Freaks like Al gore actually believe cutting the population instead of accelerating to other worlds to expand is the answer...

If he died tomorrow i'd throw a party and spray some old can's of Aqua Net hairspray around...

You know because it;s beyond our abilities to generate Ozone or Plant more frackin Plants... I mean hey, why solar panel every building by law, why not just abort kids and live like idiots... and maybe release some bio warfare to thin the herd so we never have the economic potential to get off this rock...

It would be incredibly impossible while spending trillions a year fighting to simply build some canals, pump some water to desert regions plant some plants build some vertical food towers...

Meanwhile they sow the ground with depleted Uranium all over the world instead...

These guys are the stupidest donkey's to ever walk the earth...

And YES...

None of them have ever bothered to realize we might experience solar system wide weather as a result of a traverse around the Galaxy...

These imbeciles would Tell us to gain weight if it turns out as evidenced perhaps by the dinosaurs the gravitational field could flux...

Said simply Denv but 100% correct, they are absolutely clueless, Al Gore is a dim wit Zombie moron.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I would like to add,

How can any carbon based organism exist without creating carbon dioxide.

Oh wait, I get it, if we all emit C02, then we are all responsible for the destruction of the planet, and as such we should all be punished, "Bad humans, Bad humans....."

Er, actually,no "Bad earth born life forms, Bad earth born life forms". You have absolutely no right to be here.

This situation is now so BAD, that we will have to manage this, by putting a new price on your existence.

Remember, the only true carbon neutral life form is a dead one.

Er, well not true actually ............

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus

Originally posted by the_denv

Said simply Denv but 100% correct, they are absolutely clueless, Al Gore is a dim wit Zombie moron.

I agree except for the last statement.
It is important to realize these people aren't stupid,you don't just fall into the white house.
they are either deceived or simply evil.

[edit on 30-12-2009 by the_grand_pooh-bah]

[edit on 30-12-2009 by the_grand_pooh-bah]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
C'mon Alarmists, I'm still waiting to see what we're supposed to do about all this? How bleak will manmade paranioa make the near future? Where's Melatonan when you need him? Er wait, hes probably dodged this type questioning by me before at least a dozen times...

new topics

top topics

join