It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How often do you meditate?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

I added lots on the link on the first page, but this is one of my favorites. I listen for hours.

I listen to this one for hours:

Arcturian Frequencies - Timeshift Activation

I will also listen to the tracks that you have posted now.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by sphinx551]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I love arcturian frequencies.
EDIT: Classical music is also incredible for raising frequencies.
Listen to Samuel barber "adagio for strings" its incredible.

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Reptilian Ph.D]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Wow, hardly anyone here actually seems to understand meditation. Most of these people writing paragraphs and paragraphs are OVER-COMPLICATING it. Seriously meditation is simple, you don't need a guide book to do it.

Music can be used, anything can be used, cause all these roads lead to the same destination. No matter how you get there, the end result is the same. It's all about peace of mind and opening your consciousness, arguing about how to meditate defies the point of meditation in the first place.

Occy- 1 hour a day, everyday I can.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
How often do you meditate?
How often should a person meditate? Is every day of the week necessary?
In what position do you usually meditate?

I started meditating a month ago and been doing it every day. Starting to wonder if it's too much to meditate every day?

I meditate at least 6x a day if not more.

However, I do so because after 25 years of meditative practice, anything can become a meditational focus. Smoking a kretek can be a meditative practice, as can eating, or folding laundry.

However, when beginning, it is essential to do it regularly, and more importantly *WITHOUT FAIL*! If you chose to meditate every other day or every day, or only on Thursdays, that's fine...so long as you do it every single time without excuse.

Just like most things in life, achieving a meditative state is a learned skill that requires practice, however, unlike most other things in life, you are actively opposed by your own Ego that does not want you to achieve that meditative state.

The first few times you meditate, you will be filled with questions such as "Am I even doing this right?" After the weeks go by you'll think "Is this even helping me or am I wasting my time?" As time passes you'll think of things you'd rather be doing and be tempted to just give up. *DON'T!* Those doubts are your indicators that you are well on your way to getting where you need to be!

However, just the same, do not lust for the end result, nor fight your Ego. Just passively let it run it's course and continue in your Meditative practice and let everything happen as it eventually will. You must show patience and resolve.

Again, position is not so important, although some Yogis and New Agers may beg to differ. What is truly important is that you are comfortable so that you won't easily tire or stress or find excuse to stop. Lying prone on your back might be ideal for some. For me, King Asana works best (sitting upright with back straight, knees together, and hands palm-down on your thighs). For my daughter, she prefers Bow Asana (Dhanurasana) or Monkey Asana (Hanumanasana)...but that's because it keeps her body occupied so she doesn't fidget or get restless. And that is the most important thing about choosing a Meditative position is to be still so that your mind can become still. If you shake a pot, does not the water inside shake too? If you cannot still your body, then your mind will never be still either. Forget advice about what position is best for working with your Anahata Chakra or what not.

Although Pranayama (Breath Control) is crucial for Westerners while Meditating, as we never learned to breathe properly to begin with, things like Mantras or Mudras are unnecessary and actually could be far more distracting, especially when first learning to meditate. My suggestion is stick to just controlling your breath and stilling your mind until you can do it with ease, at will, for at least a couple of months.

Ultimately remember that Meditation is only one aspect of Samadhi (of 12). Samadhi is but one path of the 8-Fold Path. One cannot do just Asanas and Pranayama and expect to reach enlightenment. One must find a balance and work upon all paths as they each reinforce one another and allow for well-rounded growth in all aspects of your life.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Lately, I have rekindled my meditation. For me, quiet, no light, sitting in an upright position, against the headboard of my bed.

I usually meditate on a concept like compassion or patience, or temperance. When I get angry or upset or have anxiety, I find myself wanting to meditate. Usually 3 or 4 times a week for me (I know I should do more). In my opinion you will get little from your meditation if you don't go through a relaxation sequence. Diaphramic breathing (letting the stomach rise first then ending with the upper chest last) and discipline are vital.

I use the 13 second breath technique. 6 seconds inhaling and 7 seconds exhaling. As well, letting go of tension in the shoulders, arms legs and chest. After I reach a deep state of relaxation I try to imagine my breath as white warming healing light that fills my entire body, not just my lungs.

I too like to get in touch with sinking my chi to my tan tien or center of gravity and circulating it throughout my body. It is difficult and I am only having limited success but I have felt the warm glow of my energy circulating.

I also practice tai chi which is referred to moving meditation. A great feeling and many health benefits.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The Small Universe c.d. from springforest qigong is really the best energy circulation tool -- it guides you through the practice -- like microcosmic orbit -- and makes it very very easy -- but it's also amazingly powerful.

www.springforestqigong.com...

If you scroll down - -the Level 1 sitting meditation c.d. is only $10 or you can try rapidshare for spring forest qigong.

reply to post by sparrowstail

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join