It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How often do you meditate?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Unity_99
By this, do you mean that you are always connected to your true source and your life is reflective of the true process of connection therefore meditation is not required?

At a certain point its easier to just acknowledge ones connectedness at-all-times than to do some specific exercise in order to "tune in" to some "connection". Its a stage in ones development where one sheds the necessity to get into something one is already in, so to speak.

yes

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

By this, do you mean that you are always connected to your true source and your life is reflective of the true process of connection therefore meditation is not required?

At a certain point its easier to just acknowledge ones connectedness at-all-times than to do some specific exercise in order to "tune in" to some "connection". Its a stage in ones development where one sheds the necessity to get into something one is already in, so to speak.

What if, we are born into the natural state and we are always trying to escape it,

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I meditate several times a week,usually in the evening after work and trip to the gym. With a 30 min meditation tape, I become very relaxed and able to sleep quickly. Scrapiron

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
What if, we are born into the natural state and we are always trying to escape it

Probably so.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

reply to post by Skyfloating

That is absolutely wonderful. I think thats the stage I'm pushing for, does visualizing this or setting intentions speed it up.

So far I've had not only a past life, but now a future life to which I seem to be connected to the mission from, and this awareness or stage of being awake is what pulls me the most now, and holding the frequency of awareness and being awake in the world somehow.

Don't push,

Before I ever meditated, I found myself accidentally connected and awake, It just happened,

I walked outside felt the earth beneath my feet and had that realization, that spiritual connectedness, of the vastness of space, the earth place in the universe, and myself upon the earth, it lasted for quite a few months, every once and a while I get a glimpse of that experience when I least expect it.

and this poem is that,

William Blake,

To see a World in a Grain of Sand And a Heaven in a Wild Flower, Hold infinity in the palm of your hand. And Eternity in an hour.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
What if, we are born into the natural state and we are always trying to escape it

Probably so.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

No, you don't understand, I cant not push. I am being driven, compelled and taken up, by my own purpose in this life, to push past all limits, discover all diamonds, and immerse myself in the project of awakening, because its what I have to do at a core level so strongly. But if given a choice, I wouldn't choose it any other way either.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I've studied a few spiritual systems, golden dawn, AMORC, some others for brief periods, and I meditated daily when I was studying. I've stopped studying and stopped meditating. It was beneficial, I felt it working to clear my mind, and to connect. But, lately I've been pretty angry, and not feeling very much like connecting to people, or the universe at all. Fighting not to lose my faith in humanity at the moment..I may go back to it. who knows..

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

That is absolutely wonderful. I think thats the stage I'm pushing for, does visualizing this or setting intentions speed it up.

A general Life-Intention of being the best you can be, or being connected to everything at all times or something like that might be helpful.

Not as an affirmation or visualization, but as a general attitude of what you decide your life to be about.

Because the "desire" to be connected acts as if you are not. So too much desiring to be connected, will make a disconnect.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by Skyfloating]

For some reason I was writing to someone when I thought of this, because there is a point to the affirmations and the reason they actually work. Because they do. To state in the present tense, or I am, many things, is very much something that works and goes in hand with visualizng or seeing it as here now and real. Though on the surface it could be described as separation from the goal, its not exactly. Saying I intend is showing some separation, but even this works, its like training wheels.

I am growing in awareness. The perfet words come to me at the perfect time, I am in impeccable knowing, in perfect timing.

or

My shield is the love of the Creator, and Her love will never fail.

I am powerfully protected as I go through my days, doing the work I came to do."

Anything really.

Its because words are vibrational waves and creational elements. In an language, they code dna. Sound, harmonics and frequency create. And the spoken word is co-creational along with our minds envisioning. Both in written and spoken forms. A machine can be created with geometry, and symbols. Our fifth chakra is one of manifestation for a reason.

Meditation, visualizations and affirmations go hand in hand.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I never meditate
but pray often

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Era Tara Shahti Mantra

I just thought I would let everyone know that the word "Tara" means "Serpent".

Just adding info for thought.

I was at Tara Hill on the Summer Solstice here in Ireland. I was amazed at the pathetic ignorance and arrogance of every person there. It was actually very sad to see these people act the way they did.

On a lighter note I was able to sign a petition there. TOPAZ Oil (Branch of Shell or BP I forget) are building a super highway across Ireland and building on top of Tara Hill. Its an ancient megalithic site, older than the pyramids. Once again no media attention. Sad.

All the druids there did not even know that the word "Druid" is a derivative of the word "Truth" and "Thoth". Language is a barrier, people call themselves "truth seekers" and they don't even know that the phrase "truth seeker" actually means that you are wanting the knowledge of a Druid. Typical. Damn, I really hate stupid people. (btw I am not referring to the member of ATS, I am referring to the people at TARA hill).

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
My father taught me how to meditate at the age of 4. Now I meditate for a few microseconds every minute of the day.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

when you meditate do you actually get anything from it? I myself have been doing it for a month, and while i do see things in my subconscious mind I haven't gotten anything from them. I can meditate for 15 minutes and my body is starting to come out of naturally. I am also meditating on one symbol of the qabalah, which is malkuth the kingdom, which is supposedly the realm we are in. I see the symbol in my subconscious mind an i can concentrate on the symbol so intently that i am unable to hear anything around me for a minute or two. i have read from Alice bailey's book From Intellect to Intuition, that when you really meditate you can instantly get there, and when you meditate on certain symbols you are supposedly supposed to get their meaning. Also if you picture something in your subconscious mind for over an hour then you are truly meditating. I've also read it can take up to a year or two for some or most people to actually meditate.

I've been keeping a journal and i also write in it when I do not meditate. I've also read that you can meditate on anything, music, mandalas, chakras, objects, color, with incense, basically anything that you focus on.

the first time i tried to concentarte ie meditate, it was on a rock, it took two weeks for me to actually see the rock in my mind, and I usually have great visualization, it's just concentrating on one object and one object only that's the challenge. Honestly it doesn't matter how long you meditate as long as you are doing correctly. or so I've read.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Meditate every day at least once for an hour or two before going to sleep. I find that I need to shut off all electronics. When there is pure silence (Like when my computer fans go off), All of a sudden my brain begins to send out these insane flushing sounds accompanied with high frequency sounds. I have found that it is VITAL to meditate in silence, keeping still the mind and the body in a comfortable position. After a while, you begin automatically teaching yourself breathing strategies, proficiency in feeling the aura around your body, playing around with your chakras, and other incredible phenomena.
These are some tips:
- Incense (Agarwood, Sandalwood, or Tibetan) Resin incenses are wonderful
- Meditation mat made out of an ORGANIC material. This will help you with a grounded feeling every time you sit down.
- Find a sitting position where you feel symmetrical and balanced. Complete full lotus takes a lot of knee, hip, and thigh flexibility and very few can do. It is quite advantageous.
- Clear your mind of everything and focus on a spot in the darkness in front of you.
All in all, meditation has kept me a believer in higher purpose and higher meaning. When knowledge empowers us, it can tend to confuse us as well. Silence and contemplation never faileth

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris_Caine
Once a day, for about an hour. Sitting on top a pillow in the lotus position. Yeah listen to music sometimes if it's too noisy outside, once you get into a deep enough state you can't hear the music anymore anyways, it all gets blocked out. Music is fine for meditation I personally believe, if you're doing it right the music is non-existent after awhile...

Thank you very much for clarifying that, that is exactly what i am trying to acheive my friend!! practice makes perfect!!

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I meditate for an hour or more a day listening to Bach To the Future and some other meditation tracks. Feel so relaxed and in a good state of mind afterwards. I love meditation.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo_Child

I keep replying to you, and i totally get what you are saying, and unity is not getting it, everything you said is correct, when buddhists really meditate they can easily get to that frame of mind and basically block everything out, this is what i've read as well, and i am trying to reach this state. Honestly i can only experience this for a few minutes but i am still trying to get to that point as well. i've also read what you've just said if you can still hear the fan, your kids, the dishwasher, the running of water you brain is not focused on what your supposed to be focusing on hince you are not meditating. it seems all of the books I've read all say the same thing! i am also unfortunately one of those individuals that gets distracted easily, so i wear headphones that block out noise, and it has helped me tremendously, otherwise the ticking of the clock would bother me. It's also getting to the point where i can barely hear my heartbeat. i am sorry to keep going on. i am also in total agreement with you as well.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv
reply to post by Unity_99

Era Tara Shahti Mantra

I just thought I would let everyone know that the word "Tara" means "Serpent".

Just adding info for thought.

I was at Tara Hill on the Summer Solstice here in Ireland. I was amazed at the pathetic ignorance and arrogance of every person there. It was actually very sad to see these people act the way they did.

On a lighter note I was able to sign a petition there. TOPAZ Oil (Branch of Shell or BP I forget) are building a super highway across Ireland and building on top of Tara Hill. Its an ancient megalithic site, older than the pyramids. Once again no media attention. Sad.

All the druids there did not even know that the word "Druid" is a derivative of the word "Truth" and "Thoth". Language is a barrier, people call themselves "truth seekers" and they don't even know that the phrase "truth seeker" actually means that you are wanting the knowledge of a Druid. Typical. Damn, I really hate stupid people. (btw I am not referring to the member of ATS, I am referring to the people at TARA hill).

This one has very old roots, and its really good for vibrations. Era is one of the starseed groups and uses some interesting language, oops I mean psueo latin.
But the languages are a part of the core langauges in various places to be found in such places as pre latin europe, with its most intersting location to Bosnian Pyrmaid, Atlantian ruins under the sea near Greece, and Ancient Egypt just across the sea. Also, Hawaii has some language that I did notice as do many of the natives including lakota sioux.

The Druid, with its ties to Atlantis, the mystery schools with their ties to Atlantis, Egypt, Sumeria, and the indigineous people throughout the planet in very diverse locations with their cosmic ties as well.

I find it all very interesting.

For meditational purposes, that song works very well, you can raise your frequencies with it, but..... nothing is like whales and dolphins. I almost only listen to them currently.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sphinx551
I meditate for an hour or more a day listening to Bach To the Future and some other meditation tracks. Feel so relaxed and in a good state of mind afterwards. I love meditation.

I just want to say this, first of all, you're a Sirian starseed, and indigo I believe like my sons. And you are very close to waking up.

The binaurals are terrific, but they are not what I actually recommend you doing at this point except as a break from whales and dolphins. You need to raise your frequency and do some cleansing of data, memories, anything that prevents you from seeing the world as less than light, edenist, as anyone as less than whole and complete, being enlightened by Creator, freeing everything up to shine.

This is still not an overnight thing, but I feel your frequency and you're close enough that things will begin to change for you. Two friends, that are starseeds, indigos and who were close, have made some breakthroughs, with the meditations and with the dolpin and whale songs. When your frequency raises youre going to be aware of more than just friends, some will be the controllers, some will be harvesting. But nothing can prevent you from shining that frequency out and making a difference. And synchronicities will occur that will change things for you as well.

ho'onoponopono in addition to meditation, in fact by itself, within a day or two, significantly raises frequency so you want to hug a tree, and have picture making snow angels or even sand angels at the beach, if its wet and snowy outside. lol.

This process is about the roles we all play here with each ohter in this fractal hollogram universe, the dark hats, and the white hats, and everything. We invite the Creator in to help us erase the data, to let go of all thoughts, memories, and ideas we are creating this drama with, that would see anyone or anything as less than whole, perfect and inpsired by Creator. This manifests eden. Everything is a mirror to our subconscious play. And we're all light playing roles out.

I added lots on the link on the first page, but this is one of my favorites. I listen for hours.

Things do change....

[edit on 8-1-2010 by Unity_99]

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The more we meditate the more we realize we are not meditating -- reality is meditating us.

In fact this is a real psychophysiological transformation -- I have a permanent magnetic bliss in the middle of my brain which meditates me -- not the other way around.

Of course I sit in full-lotus as much as possible but to do so food intake has to be minimal.

Chunyi Lin went 49 days straight in full-lotus in a cave -- no sleep, no food and no water.

The fact is that reality is not defined by this waking state in three dimensions.

springforestqigong.com... teaches the Chunyi Lin method for using meditation for deep healing and for spacetime travel, etc.

I have a blog on this as well naturalresonancerevolution.blogspot.com...

I went 9 days on just half a glass of water and my healing energy was strongest and I saw dead spirits, etc.

reply to post by sphinx551

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join