It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA and air pollution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
This is a real-time, air quality index map for the U.S.,
www.airnow.gov...

I used to keep track of it almost every DAY to see if our area was even on it,(BECAUSE IF YOU LOOKED OFF THE MOUNTAINS, YOU WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO SEE MORE THAN ONE MILE IN THE DISTANCE ON MOST, DRY DAYS) We were in a drought in NE Georgia!
ONCE in three years we were at level orange!
Now, you know where you live, if it's smoggy or not.
Is it represented on this map as polluted?
I know that when particulates are so thick, that you can see(the smog) within a one-mile distance (against the backdrop of a mountain, or off a high building), it should register on this map!

Why is the highest EVER SEEN on EPA, red????
You know from common sense that if you can see particulates making the horizon 'foggy', it is AT LEAST level RED????

EPA is not doing it's job.

Besides all this, I used to work at a factory nearby that finished metal parts with cadmium, etc....
at first, I had a headache EVERYDAY! The heat-treat department vapors came directly into our department. NO FILTERS, no facemasks, NOTHING!!!!!!
My own supervisor had undergone a mastectomy for breast cancer, her brother, who was in another department had died of cancer. THE EPA was doing NOTHING!!!!
Where are the regulations? Where are the protections for citizens????

They are NOT DOING THEIR JOBS! IS the incompetency on purpose?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Can anyone think of OVERWHELMING good these people are doing in their work?
9-11, anyone?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
We all know the air's bad.. The water is being polluted etc. Jobs and thier respective work places create massive amounts of pollution... The Toyota Prius isn't so clean in the making.. the so called "green" movement is a cute idea.

Youtube cash for clunkers and see countless cars being redlined till flat-line. Whatta joke obama.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Clearskies

Typical of the EPA. typical.

at leats they got North Dakota right, even though it should be white. no pollution here.

but why is it so low all over the US?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   

The heat-treat department vapors came directly into our department. NO FILTERS, no facemasks, NOTHING!!!!!!
My own supervisor had undergone a mastectomy for breast cancer, her brother, who was in another department had died of cancer.

Also, NOONE in the WHOLE factory had any kind of aspirators or face masks.

What do you think of that?
I could've lost my job for protecting myself by wearing a facemask.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by Clearskies]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Here's another thread LIKE mine from Loam in 2005!
EPA wants to ease toxic spill reporting.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by Clearskies]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
And these;
EPA plans to dramatically relax radiation exposure in drinking water.
Heavy metals in jet exhaust.Where's the EPA?
How to value life; EPA devalues it's estimate.
Flouridation; A conspiracy so old, we think it's normal.
Dumping VX gas into the Delaware River; Be afraid.
What is Gallium At 110 ppm Doing in Phoenix Air Samples?
This is an interesting post;

I dont know if theres any connection to the gallium with this but last weekend up here probably about 40 miles north of phoenix we had a good rainstorm with some large hail, I noticed something I never seen in the hail, and there were places where it collected one of which was on the boat cover we have outside, what collected looked like silver flakes , it was definitely metallic, I picked a piece up but before I really looked at it it was already like smeared on my hand, and then another piece, it just fit the description in the OP, once the sun came out it was as if it all just evaporated. what its from I have no idea but I do know its not normal at least not here.

top topics

join