It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a new member, and I am a Christian militant.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonman1111
Point out a post I made where I 'lacked compassion for other human beings' as you put it. Enlightenment isn't power, the holy ghost is though. Yeaaah you're deep.

Gold star, my man. You'll fit in here. Yes, call them down when they falsely accuse you and demand that they post a link to the quote in question.

Sometimes you're even going to catch this sort of accusatory tripe from the ATS moderators, and you have to hold your ground with them, as well. Don't worry about warnings and the point-count, but don't get yourself banned, either.

The thing on ATS is earning respect, not points.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Yeah, I have been around the internet for a while, I got it all down lol.
Also, I just checked out the ATS chatroom and it's empty, is it because of the time here in the states or is it because nobody rarely uses it?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45

lol you seem to have a lot of anger. you like to use the word vile and disgusting it seems, is that what you imagine when you see attractive women?

Yeah, your really deep yourself. Deep in your own self delusional world. Come on out and love the ones you hate. Can't do that can you? Seems your the typical hypocritical christian I would expect. Anger gets responses. Hope to have made you think. I hold no animosity towards any fellow human being (including you). Apparently you do. You must be better than me.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Everything is not God. God is beyond our universe, God is not the universe. Thats the line the new age gets lost in, they end up worshipping colors and shapes and that stuff.

There is no place in the Bible that says God resides in a physical space, and there's no place in the Bible that says the Universe didn't already exist.

God created the heavens and the earth — It's saying God created the Earth and our local neighborhood of stars. God said Let There Be Light = ignition of our Sun. Et Cetera...

Sounds to me like God came in and created a cradle in which Life could flourish, but He did this in a universe that already existed.

Meaning that God was OF the Universe — Perhaps God was a very, very, very advanced species that knew how to assemble planets and ignite stars and arrange stellar systems and perhaps imbue Life out of nothingness.

If we can conceive it, it's possible.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonman1111

You might as well just put me on your foe list now... We are not going to agree on ANYTHING!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

lol you seem to have a lot of anger. you like to use the word vile and disgusting it seems, is that what you imagine when you see attractive women?

Yeah, your really deep yourself. Deep in your own self delusional world. Come on out and love the ones you hate. Can't do that can you? Seems your the typical hypocritical christian I would expect. Anger gets responses. Hope to have made you think. I hold no animosity towards any fellow human being (including you). Apparently you do. You must be better than me.

I only hate aliens pal. You're just trying to bait, as seen from you jumping straight to personal attacks in your first post toward me. That or my stance on Zionism has enraged you. If so, too bad

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Oh yeah! I hate plants, thats why I'm a vegetarian!

You got me wrong. Oh well. Can't please everyone. I apologize for my angry forthcoming.

Don't like foes. But doe's are cute.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Just to add, it would be hell just to float on a cloud forever in heaven. I need purpose! Give me a job after this life! Peace on Earth, but a job in heaven would be much appreciated.

Oh, baby, don't worry about that. Your Earthly preconceived notions won't mean anything when you enter God's dimension (otherwise referred to as Heaven). Here's what Heaven is like: It'll be like Wow! OMG, how could I have been so petty and ignorant? Why did I waste so much time pondering hate and division?? OMG, I'm so relieved now!!

And from there you pretty much have the run of the Universe.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 12/29/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS moonman11111111!

You have successfully angered about half of the people who post here with this thread, at least half.

But, I am not one of them, as I really just don"t get angry at anyone. Your opinion is just that, your opinion.

Anyway, I used to be a "militant, fundie Christian"as well. I did have an open mind, and I still consider myself to be a Christian, but in the last approximately 10 years I have discovered a lot of truths that I was previously unaware of. For example, hell does not exist, and if it does we are currently in it. If you use a healthy dose of common sense you will find a path that does not involve anger and hatred as well.

Take care, and glad to have you aboard!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
By Christian fundie, do you mean biblical inerrancy and completely 100% believe what the Bible says and takes it as the truth as is ?
(resurrection, miracles, virgin birth,etc)

I am atheist and have never understood how someone could have such faith.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by nophun

LET'S NOT TURN THIS INTO A THEIST VS ATHEIST RUMBLE, okay?

Just nippin' it in the bud...

— Doc Velocity

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Just to add, it would be hell just to float on a cloud forever in heaven. I need purpose! Give me a job after this life! Peace on Earth, but a job in heaven would be much appreciated.

Oh, baby, don't worry about that. Your Earthly preconceived notions won't mean anything when you enter God's dimension (otherwise referred to as Heaven). Here's what Heaven is like: It'll be like Wow! OMG, how could I have been so petty and ignorant? Why did I waste so much time pondering hate and division?? OMG, I'm so relieved now!!

And from there you pretty much have the run of the Universe.

— Doc Velocity

I kinda of know already. Had my near death experience. That's why I really don't find life all too serious. It is to a degree however. We grow and live, love, hate and are deemed for eternity. Damn, I just wish I could get it right so I would not have to come back here again. I'm screwing up somewhere.

I will post my big top adventure when I get closer to my demise (or escape rather). Coming shortly to a theatre near you!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by nophun
By Christian fundie, do you mean biblical inerrancy and completely 100% believe what the Bible says and takes it as the truth as is ?
(resurrection, miracles, virgin birth,etc)

I myself view it as taking Christ as the truth, and not changing anything to 'fit' as times and things change etc. But yes I do believe in those things. And yeah, the mystery of God is a good one but it will unfold.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   

moonman introduced him as Christian militant/fundie and I am somehow out of line for bringing it up ?

I asked a legitimate question .

Good to know

I look forward to "bumping heads" with you in the future.

(edit : sp )

[edit on 29-12-2009 by nophun]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Hey everybody, I'm new to the boards, but have been reading the articles here on this website for a few months. Very good site, a lot better than that crap hole GLP where they banned me for posting the names of Jews in our congress... About me, I am a Christian, and a fundie at that! I am anti-Israeli, anti-alien, and anti-new age. I hope to bump heads with those who view aliens and UFO's as 'our God's and creators' and anything else relating to the grand deception. Once again, hello to all ATS members

When I think of fundies I think of young earth creation [the Earth is only 6-12 thousand years old] I think of Satan running around Earth planting fake dinosaur bones. I think of televangelists and there obsessive need to sell you books about the end of the world, but they still need donations. I think of there harshest critics of homosexuals, who turn out to be quite gay themselves. I think of there belief in Darby ism and the rapture, when Jehovah witnesses have been around longer than this belief. I think about there hatred for Catholicism, barbie, teletubbies, and Spongebob Squarepants, homosexuality, and the whole war is good but abortion is bad.

I think of Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh and Michele Savage spewing there hate and divisive drivel [i don't think they are fundies, but there base sure is]. I think of Joyce Meyers and the prosperity doctrine, even tho this spits on any past Christian that suffered unimaginable poverty and destitution. I think of the creation museum and Intelligent Design and the need of fundies to legislate there beliefs. I think of the Myth that the USA was founded on Christian principals when we were obviously founded on Greek and Roman systems of government, and the whole myth the USA is a Christian nation.

I think of the moral holier than thou mindset, when Christians murdered Indians and murdered many who would not pay there church taxes or the ones who would not convert. I think of the cultures/peoples that have been destroyed murdered or raped in His name.

I think of the anti-Christ when fundies are so anti everything. I think of who are the Pharisees in your world? I think of For many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am the Christ,' and will deceive many. mathew 24:5. I think of the pagan inspired trinity. I think of the lessons taught by Christ, and then I think of the fact I see none of these lessons in the Church today or throughout history.

I think of confronting fundies about these things and the smile and the glazed look in there eyes. I think of the huge percentage of alcoholic and drug users that now believe, and the fact that most are still untreated by professional doctors and or therapist. I think of the middle ages women in their Sunday best gathered in groups before service gossiping about the other group over there while showing off there new diamond ring or broach and praising God for these blessings of wealth and prosperity when these people are so miserable with themselves so they pop another xanex or prozac. I think of most of the backstabbers at work always seem to be a fundie.

I think of speaking in tongues. I think of how important it is to these people to teach all children they can get to, if not in Sunday school then public school.

I think of modern Europe after over a thousand years of being ruled by the Church and monarchies and how it has become so secular today. Then I think of the world in general and how it is also becoming more secular. I also think about the Muslims moving into churches worldwide.

I think of the ufo's or aliens being demons. I think of Satan/Lucifer and if the angles were designed to be obedient to God how was it possible for him to fall with so many other angles unless it was by Gods design. I think of smokers and drinkers being better tippers vs. Christians on Sunday's right after church.

wow and Im not even a atheist.

Anyway welcome to ATS never been a better place to twiddle your life away with endless arguments um discussion.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   

I kinda of know already. Had my near death experience. That's why I really don't find life all too serious. It is to a degree however. We grow and live, love, hate and are deemed for eternity. Damn, I just wish I could get it right so I would not have to come back here again. I'm screwing up somewhere.

I will post my big top adventure when I get closer to my demise (or escape rather). Coming shortly to a theatre near you!

Are you checking out early?

Is there anything I can do to torment those you're leaving behind?

Because it's the Living who know torment, not the Dead.

Yeah, I've had two NDEs, plus I was with my father when he had his near-death.
When he regained consciousness, he was very emotional (unusual for him) and he said, "I hope that's the way Heaven is"... We didn't discuss it extensively, but later on — in retrospect — I knew he had seen the reality of crossing over... I've done it a couple of times myself, once in a head-on wreck, and once in the churning water of a dam spillway.

I was frightened and confused by the first NDE, which coincided with an actual miracle (I'm not going to elaborate here). The second NDE confirmed for me that the first NDE was real and that the afterlife was real.

There is continuity of information, undoubtedly. There is an afterlife... May not be the lofty, cloudy, cherub-ridden heaven your grandmother expected, but it's an afterlife, a continuation of conscious awareness.

And, oh yeah, you'll meet all your dear departed ones, as well as those who are still alive — that's a perceptual trap, but that's the way it goes.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Welcome.

Lets ROCK !!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6971f845cd73.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by GaryGlitterRules
Welcome.

Lets ROCK !!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6971f845cd73.jpg[/atsimg]

Isnt he a convicted pedophile?

Welcome to the boards fundy....I love fundamentalists as they always have the most inplausible and hilarious ideas

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

One question.

Would you trust that guy to babysit your daughter?

HELL NO

— Doc Velocity

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Did you have any strange or interesting dreams for a short period after your NDE's?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join