It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a new member, and I am a Christian militant.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moonman1111
Hey everybody, I'm new to the boards, but have been reading the articles here on this website for a few months. Very good site, a lot better than that crap hole GLP where they banned me for posting the names of Jews in our congress... About me, I am a Christian, and a fundie at that! I am anti-Israeli, anti-alien, and anti-new age. I hope to bump heads with those who view aliens and UFO's as 'our God's and creators' and anything else relating to the grand deception. Once again, hello to all ATS members

Welcome friend!
How has Jesus been treating you lately?
I see your brainhole is full of nasty little memes, thats cool.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by '___'omino]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

ATS guys generally don't know dick about what Christians believe. But they sure like to pretend they know.

— Doc Velocity

I'm not directing this post at you personally, but I hope the Christians here remember that quote the next time they make a post about Islam, as if they know anything about what Islam is truly about. Instead they tend to refer to their talking point memos to abrogate their ignorance about what the Quran truly teaches.

Again, not directed at you, Doc, but if Christians don't want to be stereotyped they should try to put an end to the practice of stereotyping by not being hypocrites.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
In my opinion, no matter how good a person may be or bad; if they are apart of a religion they are ignorant and arrogant. I agree with the above poster stating that Christians are so quick cry "stereotype" yet they stereotype Islamic beliefs and many other belief systems.

Dumb, sad individuals. Well, whatever makes them happy.

Life is not a game show, their is not a big guy that meets you after you die and states "Oh your not Christian, oh well... I will forgive you" LMAO!
Whoever made that statement in the previous page needs a reality check.

[edit on 28/12/2009 by the_denv]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv
In my opinion, no matter how good a person may be or bad; if they are apart of a religion they are ignorant and arrogant. I agree with the above poster stating that Christians are so quick cry "stereotype" yet they stereotype Islamic beliefs and many other belief systems.

Dumb, sad individuals. Well, whatever makes them happy.

Life is not a game show, their is not a big guy that meets you after you die and states "Oh your not Christian, oh well... I will forgive you" LMAO!
Whoever made that statement in the previous page needs a reality check.

[edit on 28/12/2009 by the_denv]

So to me to say that stereotypes who are quick to judge people as relgiious are ignorant and arrogant would be okay.

But yeah I agree that that we shouldn't judge the Islamic belief system. I don't know much about it... yet...

and let people believe what they love to believe. damn have some tolerance man

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by seattletruth
Again, not directed at you, Doc, but if Christians don't want to be stereotyped they should try to put an end to the practice of stereotyping by not being hypocrites.

Just so, but let's not combine religion with politics and militant fanaticism, either. Muslims can be just as hypocritical as Christians for professing a love of peace while slaughtering their brethren on Earth, yes?

Alas, the great majority of those who profess to be Christians in word are not Christians in deed. That goes for the Pat Robertsons and all the other electronic prophets, as well as their mindless followers.

If you're a Christian, you have to be prepared to stand there and let your "enemy" kill you, and forgive him as he does it.

I mean, that's what Christ did, and we're supposed to emulate Christ.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 12/28/2009 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Hey everybody, I'm new to the boards, but have been reading the articles here on this website for a few months. Very good site, a lot better than that crap hole GLP where they banned me for posting the names of Jews in our congress... About me, I am a Christian, and a fundie at that! I am anti-Israeli, anti-alien, and anti-new age. I hope to bump heads with those who view aliens and UFO's as 'our God's and creators' and anything else relating to the grand deception. Once again, hello to all ATS members

Isn't Christian Militancy is an oxymoron by your own faith's decree? Doesn't being 'anti' anything fly in the face of the doctrine of humility and forgiveness espoused by Jesus and Co.? Help me to understand Sir, because you seem to have put yourself forth as a bit of a hypocrite. I'd watch how you drop the J-bomb on these boards too, or else you might have some of the troops calling you an anti-semite and labeling you a possible terrorist.

Chrono

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   

In my opinion, no matter how good a person may be or bad; if they are apart of a religion they are ignorant and arrogant.

That's just a provocative statement, because you and I both know that there are many very intelligent and very open-minded Christians out there, just as there are one or two intelligent and open-minded atheists out there. Not many, but a couple.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   

— Doc Velocity

It's spiritually, emotionally and mentally impossible to emulate Christ. We're corruptible. We can't compare. It's like thinking about dead puppies as you're in church or at your wedding or having an idea of killing your worker. I think Christ said this somewhere. but i'm not looking
www.gotquestions.org...

[edit on 28-12-2009 by Jordan River]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River

— Doc Velocity

It's spiritually, emotionally and mentally impossible to emulate Christ. We're corruptible. We can't compare. It's like thinking about dead puppies as you're in church or at your wedding or having an idea of killing your worker. I think Christ said this somewhere. but i'm not looking

We supposed to emulate Christ — that means try to be like Christ, not BE Christ. And, yes, we're all covered with corruption and flies, but that's our challenge — to rise out of the corruption, to rise above the petty jealousies and avarice and hatred and actually love our enemies.

Which sounds impossible, but it's obviously not — we've seen in our own lifetimes examples of Christians who have done the unthinkable and actually forgave those who tried to kill them (Pope John Paul II comes to mind).

— Doc Velocity

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:55 PM
link   

In my opinion, no matter how good a person may be or bad; if they are apart of a religion they are ignorant and arrogant.

That's just a provocative statement, because you and I both know that there are many very intelligent and very open-minded Christians out there, just as there are one or two intelligent and open-minded atheists out there. Not many, but a couple.

— Doc Velocity

True, I do agree. I have many family members just like what you described. Although they are intelligent, they are ignorant and arrogant when I question their faith, or if I talk about astrotheology. They push me away, even though they are intelligent, they get on like children sometimes its pathetic and sad.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

oh, hey I am "Christian" and I do belive in dinosaurs... I also believe the Earth is older than 12 thousand years...etc... I also believe that the universe is so huge, the probability of "life" elswhere is pretty significant.. and quite possibly there may be "intelligent" life "out there"

I can't think of anywhere in the Bible that it specifically states that Earth and Mankind were "GODS" only creations.. and I also can't think of where it states that there is absolutely no other life anywhere else in the universe..

Actually, between "angels and demons" I believe quite the opposite is true..

so therefore I am able to believe in "ET" "multiverses" and "science" and still "keep my faith" and call myself a Christian...

Faith = belief.

Science = theories + experiments + results, witch can = proof.

two differant things, but they can coexist!!!!(faith, science) without cancelling each other out.

Heck even the Bible says Noah lived at a time when "great beasts" roamed the Earth.. (wooly mamoths perhaps?)

edit to change 6 to 12 thousand.. sorry, I believe the earth is approx 4.3 billion years old??? give or take a few millenium

[edit on 29-12-2009 by SideWynder]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by the_denv

Everything is not God. God is beyond our universe, God is not the universe. Thats the line the new age gets lost in, they end up worshipping colors and shapes and that stuff. And regardless of what you may or may not think of the church, a Christian is anybiody who holds faith in Jesus Christ and tries to avoid sin and temptation and wants to do what they can to make themselves and the world a better place. That is what God intended. Also I do not need faith, I have the privledge of knowing.

If you think bettering oneself, and helping others is a form of 'religious control on the world' then you're just lawless. And your idea that humans may have been made as a slave race is far from the truth. God made human in his image, he loves mankind and wants us to choose the higher moral road and to make the best choices we can. And being able to clone life does not equate to creating it. Its an attempt to mimic an already made creation.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by brilab45

Well....good for you. Another unapologetic human hatred manufacturing machine that spews automaton verses and quotes that kill other human beings.

You must be elated that the evilanglicals that have placed Ugandan's in the spotlight of authorizing the death of homosexuals. You must be proud of yourself.

Geez, if i recall, Jesus was a man of god that spent most of his time with those considered outcasts by society.

You are nothing like Jesus and you deserve a hell fit for the filthy and vile of your human kind. Have you tried joining the Westboro Baptist Church?

You will not progress this lifetime. You have much to learn. Any God would turn people like you into vegetables their next reincarnation. I'm sure you will be born as an Ochre plant. Vile and disgusting.

Hatred is path to self destruction. You are a troll!

You belong in a self loathsome world. You are despicable and a troll for starting this wicked thread.

Edited to add: Good intentions are a sure pathway to your own hell. Enjoy!

[edit on 28-12-2009 by brilab45]

lol you seem to have a lot of anger. you like to use the word vile and disgusting it seems, is that what you imagine when you see attractive women?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   

True, I do agree. I have many family members just like what you described. Although they are intelligent, they are ignorant and arrogant when I question their faith, or if I talk about astrotheology. They push me away, even though they are intelligent, they get on like children sometimes its pathetic and sad.

Well, there's also the matter of speaking from a position of Faith, which can be misinterpreted as arrogance. Not to say that all Christians have Faith — most don't — but they like to speak as though they have Faith.

The acid-test for Faith, I've found, is that a truly Faithful person can still laugh at himself and his human foibles. The pretenders are so righteous that they seldom can utter a self-effacing word.

There's this one guy at my church, for example, who thinks he's Christ's own sword on Earth, and he has no compunction about getting right in your face and telling you you're going to Hell.

Even his wife and daughters are embarrassed for him.

I had a face-to-face with this clown Sunday morning, as a matter of fact. I pointed out to him that you can take a sword and cleave somebody from earlobe to anus to get your point across, or you can use a little wedge and a hammer and tap-tap-tap until you break through — you accomplish the same thing, but one method is not as violent and offensive as the other.

His retort was that there isn't enough time to tap-tap-tap — Christ is coming SOON, he claims, and we have to tell people they're going to Hell if they don't repent.

I said, "Why threaten them with Hell? Why not just tell them to call on the name of the Lord in the last hour?"

We don't have to go through all the absurd Church ritual and confession and confirmation and ordination and indoctrination... Christ wouldn't even recognize all the Church nonsense staged in His name. His only admonition about worship was Where two or more gather in my name, there also am I.

There. That's it. Nice and personal.

All the rest, the howling evangelism and Bible-thumping threats are nonsense.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Well, there's also the matter of speaking from a position of Faith, which can be misinterpreted as arrogance. Not to say that all Christians have Faith — most don't — but they like to speak as though they have Faith.

The acid-test for Faith, I've found, is that a truly Faithful person can still laugh at himself and his human foibles. The pretenders are so righteous that they seldom can utter a self-effacing word.

There's this one guy at my church, for example, who thinks he's Christ's own sword on Earth, and he has no compunction about getting right in your face and telling you you're going to Hell.

Even his wife and daughters are embarrassed for him.

I had a face-to-face with this clown Sunday morning, as a matter of fact. I pointed out to him that you can take a sword and cleave somebody from earlobe to anus to get your point across, or you can use a little wedge and a hammer and tap-tap-tap until you break through — you accomplish the same thing, but one method is not as violent and offensive as the other.

His retort was that there isn't enough time to tap-tap-tap — Christ is coming SOON, he claims, and we have to tell people they're going to Hell if they don't repent.

I said, "Why threaten them with Hell? Why not just tell them to call on the name of the Lord in the last hour?"

We don't have to go through all the absurd Church ritual and confession and confirmation and ordination and indoctrination... Christ wouldn't even recognize all the Church nonsense staged in His name. His only admonition about worship was Where two or more gather in my name, there also am I.

There. That's it. Nice and personal.

All the rest, the howling evangelism and Bible-thumping threats are nonsense.

— Doc Velocity

To be honest I have the belief that God didn't create hell for mankind, and that no human being goes to hell. I think hell is just for the demons/aliens to go to for all the deceit and evil they have done to mankind and for rebelling against God.

I think our own hell? or punishment for sinning is having to experience shame and regret for the things a person may or may not have done in their life. To be at rest with God in his kingdom and to connect with our true nature and purpose and to see the things we did in life that contradict that will be the burden we will have to carry forever. Although we will all be forgiven and have eternal love, we at least don't have to burn with Satan and his goons.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by Moonman1111]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Well....good for you. Another unapologetic human hatred manufacturing machine that spews automaton verses and quotes that kill other human beings.

You must be elated that the evilanglicals that have placed Ugandan's in the spotlight of authorizing the death of homosexuals. You must be proud of yourself.

Geez, if i recall, Jesus was a man of god that spent most of his time with those considered outcasts by society.

You are nothing like Jesus and you deserve a hell fit for the filthy and vile of your human kind. Have you tried joining the Westboro Baptist Church?

You will not progress this lifetime. You have much to learn. Any God would turn people like you into vegetables their next reincarnation. I'm sure you will be born as an Ochre plant. Vile and disgusting.

You belong in a self loathsome world. You are despicable and a troll for starting this wicked thread.

lol you seem to have a lot of anger. you like to use the word vile and disgusting it seems, is that what you imagine when you see attractive women?

I behold anger towars stupidity and lack of compassion for other human beings and all things natural in this world. Life is a gift. Enlightenment is a power. Anger is the stronghold in which to temper the unfortunately less able to comprehend lifes complexities. Ignorance is not bliss. It is a sword that needlessly draws blood from the innocent.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Well, you know Christ confided a little secret to Saint Thomas — which is why the book of Thomas was not included in the Bible. Christ told Thomas that nobody spends eternity in Hell under the New Covenant — that even the worst of us are only given a taste of Hell, but we all end up in Heaven.

Just as Christ went to Hell, battled Satan, won, and ascended to Heaven, right.

I mean, that was Christ's reason for assuming the entire burden of Man's sin for all time, to SAVE HUMANITY AS A WHOLE. Which is what is so magnificent about Christ's feat.

We're already saved.

The threats of hellfire and damnation are tools of the organized Church, to keep the minions in line.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I behold anger towars stupidity and lack of compassion for other human beings and all things natural in this world. Life is a gift. Enlightenment is a power. Anger is the stronghold in which to temper the unfortunately less able to comprehend lifes complexities. Ignorance is not bliss. It is a sword that needlessly draws blood from the innocent.

Point out a post I made where I 'lacked compassion for other human beings' as you put it. Enlightenment isn't power, the holy ghost is though. Yeaaah you're deep.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

Couldn't agree more.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Well, you know Christ confided a little secret to Saint Thomas — which is why the book of Thomas was not included in the Bible. Christ told Thomas that nobody spends eternity in Hell under the New Covenant — that even the worst of us are only given a taste of Hell, but we all end up in Heaven.

Just as Christ went to Hell, battled Satan, won, and ascended to Heaven, right.

I mean, that was Christ's reason for assuming the entire burden of Man's sin for all time, to SAVE HUMANITY AS A WHOLE. Which is what is so magnificent about Christ's feat.

We're already saved.

The threats of hellfire and damnation are tools of the organized Church, to keep the minions in line.

— Doc Velocity

Jesus clearly stated that all mankind will be saved. Not just the church goers, the charity givers and even those who have not lived a clean life. The bible is very clear...."ALL" mankind will be delivered back to the light of god. God created all things good and evil for a purpose. All belongs to God. You and I and everyone else will go home to the light.

Just to add, it would be hell just to float on a cloud forever in heaven. I need purpose! Give me a job after this life! Peace on Earth, but a job in heaven would be much appreciated.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join