It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a new member, and I am a Christian militant.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta
Faith is required in the beginning.

We had faith that God exists. But, now we know.

Moon dude... I read the entire thread. I relate to you 100%.

I wonder if there is an area in which we differ?

You understand that God is without and not within the universe. Most do not.

You understand that all of the semantics (pardon the minor pun) regarding jews and judaism are just clever attacks against an intelligence that is obvious in an attempt to break you down.

You recognize the ideas of science (human knowledge obtained through observation) and omniscience (God's knowledge) as two separate concepts which do, ever-so-little, overlap.

You fully believe in God and Jesus and His forgiveness for you and you have no shame in it. In fact, this belief empowers you to make bold statements that even Christians will dislike and hate. (Isn't it ironic how so many self-proclaimed Christians have so much doubt that they attack you for your understanding?)

You deny new-age interpretations and prophecies as the brain-washing lies that they are. This is very good as most people are being sucked in... more and more everyday. It's the not-so-brand-new-but-polished-up-Hollywood's-borrowed-from-Babylon-new-age-like-Battle Star Galactica-ish religion which will soon be sweeping the world, one ignorant fool after another. I saw that you put down enlightenment. You also have an understanding of language.

And you like a challenge.

Well, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but... there aren't that many good challengers here. There are a few I guess.

I'm not considered or liked very much... most replies I've read to my responses are from people who are relatively disgusted with me. Heh. I'm guessing, if you're not a politician, you'll end up much the same way. Well, then again... I have been known to have a sort of aggressiveness about me.

Oh, and, you smell -JUST LIKE- me.

Yeah, freaky.

Thanks for the kind words mate, and a little refreshing may I add lol. Yeah I need to type my long long story up one of these days and share it on here just to give people an insight on how deep the deceptive 'rabbit hole' goes. It will also help prevent people from being lured toward the same garbage and outright lies that almost pulled me in if it wasn't for God showing up in my life when I needed him most to show me the truth. The way he works and how things fall into place for you is pretty amazing. And I am not talking about having an epiphany or anything mild like that. Yeah and if people want to get angry or bitter with you because you don't share their beliefs, then thats their problem because they are only altering their own emotions in a negative manner. I don't know what makes them think they can do a better job attacking Christians than Satan and demons do. Anyways it's good to meet you

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chronogoblin
Isn't Christian Militancy is an oxymoron by your own faith's decree? Doesn't being 'anti' anything fly in the face of the doctrine of humility and forgiveness espoused by Jesus and Co.?

One of the reasons why I enjoy ATS so much, is that often someone will make statements so that I don't have to. Well said Chronogoblin and to answer or frame the above questions, I'd like to add the following from Christ himself:

"You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven." - Matthew 5:43-45

"Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times" - Matthew 18:20-22

If a person is 'militant' by showing love, compassion, and forgiveness, whereas they are fighting against hate, poverty, and prejudice, then God bless them. If a person's discipline is against love, compassion and forgiveness however, how then could one say they represent Christ?

[edit on 29-12-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy no mates.
reply to post by Moonman1111

isreal were only half the story involving the liberty.
your own president had already personally sanctioned the sinking thats why he odered a defenseless american ship into the vacinity
and the sailors were all supposed to die and not survive to ask awfully darned awkward questions and have the temerity years later to ask for an apology.

now no doubt the liberty story angers a redneck like you however that event pails into insignificance compared to the terror and bloodshed you yanks unleash on the world.

and dont be mug enough to believe america has any friends as she hasnt.
only imaginary ones like you and me being allies.

a country that was biult on greed and fed by conquest in pursiut of the mighty dollar.
a people who define their place in society by how much they earn or the name of the person or company on their siut or car they drive.

you have no allies only fellow murdering thieves who call themselves the UN.

my grandad said to me once remember these three words and you will never go hungry son.

america uses the same tactic on a country to country basais.

the three little words are !!STICK EM UP!!.

hugs and kisses
josiah

[edit on 29-12-2009 by billy no mates.]

Just make sure you vote BNP at the polls.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by moocowman

More than likely to test our faith,not doubt or question it.Nice try,next!

Come on M "more than likely" is not a definitive answer so perhaps you would have been courteous enough to respond with "I don't know" which in essence is the same thing.

So, there is an invisible man that lives in the sky, the creator of all that there is,was, or will ever be including you.

The invisible man is omnibenevolent and a such loves you unconditionally. Yet, this "omniscient" being may or may not at any given time and without notice decide to find out how much you actually believe in it and create a circumstance to which you may perceive there to be a threat to your person.

As a precaution against harm being brought upon you, a result of the omniscient man in the sky not knowing how much you love him or to see if you would love him less or more, you have a gun to protect yourself.

Hm !!???

Needless to say, you are prepared for a time where there could possibly be an instance where your belief in the man in the sky is weak and he may not protect you from your would be assailants so the gun is there for you to protect you in case your god won't.

This seems to make a mockery of this -

"Yeah should I walk through the valley in the shadow of death I will fear no evil ---"

For if you truly fear no evil you would have no need of a gun and it would appear that the logic you apply to you having a gun, would dictate that it is to protect you from those acting in accordance with your god testing you.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
WARNING TROLL ALERT!

Come on guys seriously, this is one of the most obvious troll threads i have seen in a while.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29/12/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I agree but have refrained from speaking up since I have to behave myself. Obvious shenanigans, though. Really, who introduces themselves as a 'militant' anything? Most people don't see themselves as a militant/extremist. Then part of fundamental Christianity takes Judaism/Israel into consideration especially concerning prophecy. Something smells fishy.

Welcome, nonetheless. But I'm not buying it. Sorry.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Most people don't see themselves as a militant/extremist. Then part of fundamental Christianity takes Judaism/Israel into consideration especially concerning prophecy. Something smells fishy.

Either the original poster is actually what they say they are, which as pointed out on a number of occasions is an oxymoron when taken at face value or they're wanting to make Christians appear to be oxymoronic. In either case, as long as believers point out the flaws in the statements, I have no issue. Discerning from the response to my post, I think the OP is just stoking the fires to see what burns.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by zachi

Also, I see the argument of 'Jesus was a Jew' rather than the begotten son of God to be blasphemous.
His Father was God, but his Mother was definately Jewish. Why do you want to deny the truth. Do you think He is Canadian or Germany?

If they guy actually existed then his father is equally as likely to have been a roman soldier, a priest or a local fisherman.

The only evidence you have is the scriptures written by unknown men some 70 to 200 years after the alleged mythical eventsare claimed to have taken place.

The only definiteness in relation to this jesus character is that there were many of them floating about at the time he was alleged to teaching.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

"Christians don't believe in Dinosaurs because they think the world is only 12,000 years old."
Hey, that's 6,000 and both Brontosaurus and T Rex are in the scriptures. Check out Job 40 and 41. (Levithian and Behemoth)

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

I agree but have refrained from speaking up since I have to behave myself. Obvious shenanigans, though. Really, who introduces themselves as a 'militant' anything? Most people don't see themselves as a militant/extremist. Then part of fundamental Christianity takes Judaism/Israel into consideration especially concerning prophecy. Something smells fishy.

Welcome, nonetheless. But I'm not buying it. Sorry.

It was more of an attempt at sarcasm/humor as I am aware of the anti-Christian/religion members who frequent this forum so I figured that would spice up the thread at 1am in the morning. If you read my posts you will see I am far from an extremist. And thanks for the welcome.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by moocowman

Originally posted by zachi

Also, I see the argument of 'Jesus was a Jew' rather than the begotten son of God to be blasphemous.
His Father was God, but his Mother was definately Jewish. Why do you want to deny the truth. Do you think He is Canadian or Germany?

If they guy actually existed then his father is equally as likely to have been a roman soldier, a priest or a local fisherman.

The only evidence you have is the scriptures written by unknown men some 70 to 200 years after the alleged mythical eventsare claimed to have taken place.

The only definiteness in relation to this jesus character is that there were many of them floating about at the time he was alleged to teaching.

Proof reaches far beyond whats written in the bible. You remind me of a teenage me though. And if that is the case or accurate, then you'll just have to wait until you 'wake up'? or fall down the rabbit hole.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
lolz... then what the hell are you doing on this website...

you'll probably anti 80 % content on this website and anti 90 % people on this forum.

lolz... anyway enjoy posting here... and if you;re not busy enough... feel free to look UFO section... it may open your eyes

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv
God is energy, its everywhere, it doesn't care if you believe in a fat Indian god, a bearded hippy god or some random object that you believe to be a God. God is everything, absolutely everything; including your other imaginary gods.

True, but . . .

We turn higher consciousness into cults as we turn creatures into crap.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonman1111

It was more of an attempt at sarcasm/humor as I am aware of the anti-Christian/religion members who frequent this forum so I figured that would spice up the thread at 1am in the morning. If you read my posts you will see I am far from an extremist. And thanks for the welcome.

Yeah but kind of backfired really. Many on this forum would see me as really anti-religion and i often post in threads by Christians to debate them in regards to evolution and even claims of miracles. Yet here i am defending the moderate Christians from what i considered a troll, someone out to damage their world view by espousing extremist views which do not at all represent the majority of followers.

You see people who tend to be anti-religion also tend to be fair about it. What you see as being aggressively anti-religion is no more than polite debate which you take in completely the wrong way. You see an attack when in reality it is only debate.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
WARNING TROLL ALERT!

Come on guys seriously, this is one of the most obvious troll threads i have seen in a while.

You know your 100% right, I spent to much time posting information on this thread. There are two guys in here that are completely brainwashed by Religion.

Ever see the real life trolls? The ones that knock your door and try to convert you? Bunch of idiots the lot of them.

I could post some vast informative post again on how the OP is wrong. Even the title of this thread is completely negative. If there were star ratings within this thread, I bet the OP would get less than the people with open minds.

There is no such thing as "Lord". Nobody rules over me, NOBODY! Same goes for everyone, we all have our own path in life. No need to repent LOL, what morons. They all belong in the medieval times.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moonman1111

Yeah but kind of backfired really. Many on this forum would see me as really anti-religion and i often post in threads by Christians to debate them in regards to evolution and even claims of miracles. Yet here i am defending the moderate Christians from what i considered a troll, someone out to damage their world view by espousing extremist views which do not at all represent the majority of followers.

You see people who tend to be anti-religion also tend to be fair about it. What you see as being aggressively anti-religion is no more than polite debate which you take in completely the wrong way. You see an attack when in reality it is only debate.

As I stated to another member, I haven't spouted off anything extreme, it's just a word in the title, don't get aroused over it now.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Proof reaches far beyond whats written in the bible. You remind me of a teenage me though. And if that is the case or accurate, then you'll just have to wait until you 'wake up'? or fall down the rabbit hole.

What in the blazes are you rambling on about my deluded friend ?

Your beliefs originate with a set of books written by unknown men about invisible men in the sky going by the name of jesus or yahwhe or both. You've not a shred of evidence that confirms the validity of the claims made in these books or any claims made by you.

So in a nutshell , you happen to believe something so what exactly ?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   

So as it turns out, it seems you're more Ned Flanders than Mel Gibson ...

Stupid flanders!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by the_denv

WARNING TROLL ALERT!

You know your 100% right, I spent to much time posting information on this thread. There are two guys in here that are completely brainwashed by Religion.

Ever see the real life trolls? The ones that knock your door and try to convert you? Bunch of idiots the lot of them.

I could post some vast informative post again on how the OP is wrong. Even the title of this thread is completely negative. If there were star ratings within this thread, I bet the OP would get less than the people with open minds.

There is no such thing as "Lord". Nobody rules over me, NOBODY! Same goes for everyone, we all have our own path in life. No need to repent LOL, what morons. They all belong in the medieval times.

You can't prove that I am wrong, well not to me. Like I said, you either know or you don't. Everybody comes around eventually, either on this side or the other.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join