It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of protesters stopping Iran hanging hits Internet

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

That was a joke, BTW.

Anyhow, back to the video ...

I applaud the protesters and admire their bravery. I'm glad they were able to save those being hanged, even if it was jut for a short while.

My heart goes out to those that sustained serious injury (near the end of the video) during this event. It looked like the guy that was bleeding from the midsection probably died. The bleeding was severe and I'm afraid if he wasn't able to get immediate medical attention, I doubt he could have survived. The last guy shown in the video looked like he'd already passed.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   

My heart goes out to those that sustained serious injury (near the end of the video) during this event.
Tyranny22

I know, it's heartbreaking in the extreme. How very brave of these security forces, shooting unarmed civilians. They are nothing but murdering thugs.

I hope someone or some govt steps up to the plate soon to help these people. Watching a C-130 flying over a crowd of protesters and dropping crates of RPGs and AK-47s with boxes of ammo would definitely boost my morale.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
cool video, god on them

No idea what the hanged people did though...? I wonder whether the people who cut them down were doing it as a protest against the executions in general, or if they actually cared for the subjects?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deny Arrogance
We get it.

The current regime is evil and unpopular.

There are freedom fighters who need assistance from the USA.

It would be morally wrong to NOT intervene.

Even if it means more budget cuts and higher taxes.

That would be the stupidest dumbest brain dead moronic immoral thing to do.

NO INTERVENTION IS ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL

Otherwise the new regime will be labelled a US puppet, anti US extremists will win popular support and the future regime in Iran will make todays look positively welcoming!!!!!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This is pretty clearly a piece of western propaganda probably arranged by the CIA.

They had you didn't they

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by malcr

Agreed 100 %

We need to keep our hands out of this one . But knowing our Western governments , that could be a tall order .

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rob_widener

You might be right but are you suggesting that the government of Iran is above such treatment ? For some reason I don't think thats entirely accurate either .

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I'll hold my main judgements on this video until it becomes clear whether this was a factual event or not. I hate to be that way, but it's just so hard to simply believe any video like that which obviously is meant to push an agenda (whether intentional or not).

Regardless, whatever is going on over there right now, I agree with others that it does not behoove us to get directly involved. There's indirect ways we can help out in order to level the playing field at least. It's up to those people to take their country back on their own. They need to show they are ready for it.

Think about America's war for independence from the British monarchy. It seemed like a dauntless task but the French helped us out monetarily and gave us the means to at least have a chance. Imagine if France had sent troops over here and got directly involved in the combat.

I honestly don't think we would be so proud of what our forefathers accomplished if it weren't for the fact that they did so fueled by pure willpower and what was in their hearts. They earned it. They deserved it. I don't think the same could be said if we had another country intervene on our behalf. The aftermath would have been very different.

The Iranian people need to earn their country back too. We can help them with the necessary supplies in order to level the playing field but other than that, if we directly intervene and don't give them the chance to show just how much they want their country back, the country will be left in disarray. We all know the US wouldn't just pack up and leave. We will try to get something out of it that is in OUR best interest, not the interest of the Iranian people.

Think of Iraq. Afghanistan. Has our involvement resulted in giving the country back to it's people? No. I hate to be so brash but they just weren't ready for it yet and if they were, we never gave them the chance to show it. And if they DO want it back, they would kick us the hell out.

Let's hope Iran is ready to show us what they got and that they don't need us in the way we want them to need us.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Good on them, they were probably gay or something and they were being hanged for it, so it is about time they started becoming human again instead of being brainwashed by sharia diarrhea.

If Muslims in the UK or America really love sharia law then go to Iran, Americans and Brits don't like it and I am sure they will help you fund your new homes and pay for childcare.

Otherwise it is a deception to take over the host country since they are infidels and the fear tactics is treason.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Wow now that is some true courage if you ask me ... well done !

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Fact check : Iran does not have sharia law. Educate yourself.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
S&F!!!

Incredible and very shocking video.
It's time for world free goverments to help the iranian people to get themselves free from their regime ,as they're alone and they deserve to be supported.
To thouse saying that Iran is better than U.S or western countries :i dont think you 'll never get death sentence as happens in Iran becuuse of "anti-rivolutionary paints or music", so stop saying bull#.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
Good on them, they were probably gay or something and they were being hanged for it, so it is about time they started becoming human again instead of being brainwashed by sharia diarrhea.

I absolutely agree, mankind nees to get free from religions and in particular from those "islamic republics" such as Iran!!!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Okay Iran is under Islamic Civil Law which means they probably have the same idiology and I bet they are straight out of the Koran in the same style Muhammad treated people and women around him, be it fact or fiction.

www.iran-bulletin.org...

There is not much difference but if one has to point out why someone like me made that mistake maybe here is a better explantion below with a quote, evidence is on Youtube aswell. Of course it is slowly changing and in some progress but the fundimental laws still mirror Sharia and the Koran, no wonder they are so split down the line these days like cutting the ropes off people and all those riots.

Iran is a constitutional, Islamic theocracy. Its official religion is the doctrine of the Twelver Jaafari School. [1] Iran's law against blasphemy derives from Sharia. The law against blasphemy complements laws against criticizing the Islamic regime, insulting Islam, and publishing materials that deviate from Islamic standards. [1] The regime uses these laws to persecute religious minorities such as the Sunni, Bahai, Sufi, and Christians and to persecute dissidents and journalists. Persecuted individuals are subject to surveillance by the "religious police," harassment, prolonged detention, mistreatment, torture, and execution. [1] [2] [3] The courts have acquitted vigilantes who killed in the belief that their victims were engaged in un-Islamic activities. [4] [5]
Text

[edit on 30-12-2009 by The time lord]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join