It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of protesters stopping Iran hanging hits Internet

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Video of protesters stopping Iran hanging hits Internet

rawstory.com

Stunning footage has emerged of protesters in the Iranian city of Sirjan rescuing two men from being hanged by the regime.

The video, uploaded to YouTube on Saturday, shows a brutal clash between Iranian authorities and protesters that was largely overlooked until Gateway Pundit found video footage of it. A Reuters report from last Wednesday stated that security forces "shot dead two gunmen" in the melee that followed the rescue, but, as Jim Hoft points out at Gateway Pundit, "the only ones with guns in the video are the regime thugs."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
It seems to be getting worse by the minute over there and one has to wonder how long until one drastic event starts a revolution over there .
As you will be able to see from this graphic video we may be very very close to that one " drastic event " that sets everything in motion .

Be advised the video is graphic , thank God these guys were saved but please use your discretion when viewing .

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Fair #ing play to those guys. That took alot of bottle to cut those men down with the security forces around. Hope they survived.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Agreed .

It will take a lot of brave / pi$$ed of Iranian people to bring about change over there . Lets just hope that not to many of them lose there life in the process .

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I wonder just how controlled is the internet in Iran right now ? I remember a few weeks ago Iran cut the net to its people . Its little wonder as to why they did this as the more of its people see video's such as this will only feed the growing discontent .

Seeing how important a regime change is to the west as will as the people of Iran I can't help but wonder just how much special opp's / funding some of these groups in Iran are receiving from Western governments ?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
How people can sit back and defend the Iranian leadership is beyond me.
They think they have to pick a side when it comes to Isreal/Iranian hate.
Yes, they are both screwed up governments, but I refuse to take sides when I see crap comming from both countries.
Damn Im glad I dont live in a fcked up world like that.
Good for these people, they need to watch over their own since their govt doesnt give a damn about them.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
How people can sit back and defend the Iranian leadership is beyond me.

Just to play devil's advocate
The Shah of Iran was installed in 53
Once U.S. has it's grip on sovereingnty will it ever lose that grip?

Just playing devil's advocate that's all

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Damn Im glad I dont live in a fcked up world like that.
Good for these people, they need to watch over their own since their govt doesnt give a damn about them.

What are you serious?
How different is your world?

Have you seen the protests during the republican convention?
Critical mass videos
G20 Summit

How different is your world really?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
That is the most powerful footage i've ever seen. Especially from a cell phone.

That video will cause some ripples world-wide, if not in Iran.

S&F

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

yes i have. And we dont hang protestors over here. We dont even use live ammunition. we insteaduse tazers...bean bags rounds, and sound cannons.

And BTW...You are trying to compare Iran to America. thats just funny in and of itself.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   

reply to post by ModernAcademia

yes i have. And we dont hang protestors over here. We dont even use live ammunition. we insteaduse tazers...bean bags rounds, and sound cannons.

And BTW...You are trying to compare Iran to America. thats just funny in and of itself.

Supposedly they were bank robbers that were being lynched, not dissidents, but I have a hard time drinking that Kool-Aid.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

For all we know there is a chance you could be right . But seeing how these people were rescued buy a large group while guns were going off in the back ground I am inclined to think that they weren't bank robbers .

Things are definitely brewing over there .

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Yes, but they do torture some dissidents

Maybe it is funny for now
And let's just pray that it stays that way
But looking the direction America is taking...... damn I don't know

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Actually according to the report the , and this is kind of mixed up, it said at first after they were cut down it is believed one of the men was already dead. Then further down it said suppressive forces later rounded up and re-hung the two guys. Either way my thoughts are with all the Iranian dissidents.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

Which report says that? I don't see that information about either the ones that were cut down being dead or re-lynched in the article from the OP.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by seattletruth]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
We get it.

The current regime is evil and unpopular.

There are freedom fighters who need assistance from the USA.

It would be morally wrong to NOT intervene.

Even if it means more budget cuts and higher taxes.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Deny Arrogance

Actually I think that approach would be the worst possible scenario to take place .

The U.S needs to stay away from this one and if they are to get involved then it should be in the form of funding to the various opposition groups .

Lest we forget it was U.S involvement that over through Iran's democratically elected government that lead to the conditions that brought about the current regime .

As much as the people of Iran may long for a more westernized country I think that there desires fall far short of wanting or welcoming direct U.S involvement .

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
You know when the Romans crucified Jesus they stuck around and waited for him to die!

Do people really imagine this is how state executions are carried out in Iran?

One thing is for sure, you aren't going to rescure anyone from Lethal Injection in Texas's Death House.

I truly can't believe how guillible the members of ATS can be at times.

Iran is one of the countries carrying out the highest number of executions annually. At least 177 people were executed in 2006, according to campaign group Amnesty International's annual report for 2007

Adnkronos.com

Laugh out loud Texas kills more people than that in a year!

WASHINGTON, Dec. 10 /Standard Newswire/ -- The Federal Bureau of Prisons and 36 states held 3,254 inmates on death row at the end of last year, which was 66 fewer such inmates than at the end of 2004, the Justice Department�s Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) announced today. The 2005 drop was the fifth consecutive year the number of prisoners with a death sentence had fallen. There were 3,601 death row prisoners on Dec. 31, 2000.

Datavoice.com

Wow! Iran sounds safer to me!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Freak yeah !!!!!!!! Evil and Corruption will only be tolerated for so long, no one can opress man's true nature of freedom and independance.

amazing video, it has showed me that there are still things worth fighting and dying for in this world !!! There is hope for mankind yet.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by IntastellaBurst]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Yes but just what are the respective people being put to death for , political beliefs or crimes such as murder ?

As for the officials not sticking around till the job was done that could simply be a matter of numbers i.e the fairly large crowed , but admittedly thats speculation as I have no way of knowing .

Good points you rase none the less

[edit on 28-12-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seattletruth

"During the clashes yesterday morning, people took advantage of the chaos and removed the prisoners from the scene set up for their hangings. According to earlier reports on Tuesday, one of the prisoners was thought to have been killed.

Having lost the control of the situation, the suppressive forces mobilized more of their agents across the city and re-captured the two prisoners and brought them back to the hanging ropes
"
Gateway Pundit

It was the first red inbed in the raw story article which linked to the Gateway Pundit article.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join