It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"There are more just like me who will strike soon."

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

"There are more just like me who will strike soon."

www.telegr aph.co.uk

Detroit terror attack: 'There are many more like me,' bomber warns
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Is this really the way forward?

So what then, we take down the USA, fly planes into all its buildings, disrupt life, bring it to a stand still...

Then what?

Leave the world in the hands of those that fly planes into buildings?

this is not the way forward, we need another approach...

Spirit

www.telegr aph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
From Op's source

But because the two countries failed to share their intelligence, neither was aware of the full picture about Abdulmutallab, who hid a potentially devastating explosive device under his clothes and tried to detonate it as an Airbus with 289 people on board approached Detroit on Christmas Day.

Kind of surprised that the two countries aren't sharing intel.

Is there a rift between the two countries that is lending to this failure?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I think it is simply evident of the fact that no matter how much power you have your can not control everything.

spirit

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
"There are more just like me who will strike soon".

Am I supposed to be scared or what?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Not quite sure why the British or American security people are under pressure, as stated in the article. He boarded a plane in Lagos to Amsterdam, then boarded there onwards to the US.

Where, exactly, were the Us and UK security services supposed to intervene? Surely, the ball was dropped by the Nigerians and the Dutch?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
"There are more just like me who will strike soon".

Am I supposed to be scared or what?

It's almost like the warning from Demolisher to Optimus "The Fallen will rise again...."

We all know how that turned out though

[edit on 28/12/09 by stumason]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
The rule should be no carry on bags of any kind on the plane. Do you have any idea how easy it is to make an explosive with common items? This guy was just one of the dumber bombers.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Why are they publishing in the newspaper that we know there are 25 more in yemen now that are ready to try the same thing and that when they come back they will be monitored.

Do they really think the terrorists wont hear about this article? If you were one of these terrorists would you go back to the UK? This doesn't make any sense its almost like they want to lose track of them.

Perhaps its all just BS they want to frighten the public with.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Where, exactly, were the Us and UK security services supposed to intervene? Surely, the ball was dropped by the Nigerians and the Dutch?

If anywhere, the device should have been caught at Schiphol, the Dutch airport. Apparently, the security there is state-of-the-art.

The bad news is that the new scanners, which would have revealed the device, are not in use because of the 'sensitivities' of passengers having their 'private bits' exposed to the watchers.

CNN reported that a computer/scanner mix is in the works to stifle snickers and giggles.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:50 PM
link   

The bad news is that the new scanners, which would have revealed the device, are not in use because of the 'sensitivities' of passengers having their 'private bits' exposed to the watchers.

CNN reported that a computer/scanner mix is in the works to stifle snickers and giggles.

...And that's all that this recent scare tactic is about...they want to play with their new machines. They need something to foster public approval to peek behind your clothing. It's become utterly ridiculous to consider air travel. I'm flying tomorrow and I'm dreading the lengthy screening and disrespectful attitude of the TSA. This BS is effectively finishing the kill of an industry that's already headed for a different kind of disaster. So, am I to understand that this guy boarded two planes with an "explosive" on his person? WOW...what a joke.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
A few more attacks and I think they will ban all luggage, checked and carried on. Passengers will be required to submit to an invasive exam, will have their clothing confiscated, and will be required to wear a hospital gown for the duration of the flight.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Bomber: Woo hoo I win, more racial profiling imposed on my bethrens during any form of travel

what an idiot!

Now what?
Nothing!

There was the taj hotel in India as well as several other places that got attacked, the bomb also last decade on air india

did the govt. freak out and start wiretapping all phone calls of it's citizens?

All that im saying is "they are more of us out there who will strike soon" could just be sensationalism

We have to ask who is gaining the most out this!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Yawnnnnn... If the very best they can do is plastic knives, shoe bombs, peta bread mix and catylist.... Then we have no worries.... But obviuosly the so-called threat is going to be massively upped, and peoples pathetic scared reations will also add to it..... You have more chance of dying crossing your street!!!... However when did that ever stop the NWO to create more crap to stop our movements?...... Man up America.... Because the knock on affect of your self inflicted paranoia is wearing a little thin...

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Bomber: Woo hoo I win, more racial profiling imposed on my bethrens during any form of travel

what an idiot!

Now what?
Nothing!

There was the taj hotel in India as well as several other places that got attacked, the bomb also last decade on air india

did the govt. freak out and start wiretapping all phone calls of it's citizens?

All that im saying is "they are more of us out there who will strike soon" could just be sensationalism

We have to ask who is gaining the most out this!

I think you nailed it. Who is gaining the most?
I see that al quaida is taking credit, or at least that's the story:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

To quote from the thread:

LOL. Now what? That pesky Al-Qaida again!

Here's the real answer:
HONOLULU – President Barack Obama on Monday vowed to use "every element of our national power" to keep Americans safe and said the failed Christmas Day plot to blow up a Detroit-bound airliner was "a serious reminder" of the need to continually adapt security measures against changing terrorist threats.
news.yahoo.com...

And if I may quote ModernAcademia (again) from that thread:

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
This plane attack made as much sense as the fort hood shootings, which is very little sense.

Just more bureaucrazy gets created and more nuances
www.usatoday.com...

They hate us for our freedoms
so we must act pre-emptively and take our freedoms away before they do
Enter patriot act, FISA etc...

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

I flew to Toronto from London about 3 weeks after 9/11. What a nightmare!!

Every Muslim was practically being strip searched and even I had my shoes taken off me with my belt etc and I'm white, British.

It took hours to get through security. Where do we go from here?

I think the Airline industry will collapse in 2010 because of these idiots!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I would really like to know what happened to the Land of the Free and the Brave.

It is almost like the world wants to live in fear of once in a lifetime random events and give up their dignity and morals to protect themselves from those long, long, very long odds.

To me it’s nothing but hysteria; I am beginning to secretly hope I belong to another species!

The fear mongering, and war mongering is truly embarrassing.

Man up people.

Our forefathers have to be spinning in their graves over all this mental weakness. If they had known everyone was going to turn out like this it wouldn’t have been worth the trouble to separate us from the British Nanny State!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I agree with you M.A., as that is the essence of "terror" -- an attempt to frighten people into not living their lives, but to always be in a state of anticipation of something bad.

I have no respect for a person or group that chooses to fight in this manner -- targeting PRIMARILY civilian targets. Many places in the world where this sort of fear is the status quo, rather than the unusual incident that it seems to be in the U.S.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

You never know, maybe all these "attacks" by "Al Qaeda" are really a vast international conspiracy by the old trans-oceanic shipping lines, such as Cunard, to take back the market lost to airlines in the 50's and 60's

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by minkey53

You never know, maybe all these "attacks" by "Al Qaeda" are really a vast international conspiracy by the old trans-oceanic shipping lines, such as Cunard, to take back the market lost to airlines in the 50's and 60's

Actually Airport Security, Homeland Security, the Transporation Safety Agency and all there probing, poking, prodding, and third degree police state tactics have kept me and will keep me from ever getting on another airplane as long as I live it or it remains like this.

I can't believe so easily accept the total disregard to their personal dignity and charachter.

As far as I am concerned if there are actually any terrorists not funded and seeded by the CIA, MOSSAD, and MI6 they won a long time ago.

This is not the America I grew up in or the travel brochures or text books promise and claim.

It's absolutely revolting.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join