It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RFID Chip Blocking Sleeves & Badge Holders, protect yourself!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I did a search here on ATS and only found 1 thread about this topic, and it was from 2006. After seeing a new advertisement and checking it out, I thought I'd share it with ATS so we all can be more aware of the current RFID blocking abilities we have at our fingertips.

Why is blocking RFID chip signals so important?
Answer: Now with the use of RFID chips in many things we use and own, such as credit cards and passports (and maybe your own hand!) we are opening up doors for others to steal our identity. So it is a very valuable commodity to possess RFID blocking tools.

Here are some examples...

First a bit of a background about the RFID blocking secure sleeves for credit cards, ATM cards, debit cards, etc...

RFID and Skimming

The RFID chip in a credit card emits the account number, expiration data and other information.

About 100 million credit cards now have this contactless technology embedded into them. However, over the next 2-3 years, it is expected that credit card issuers will replace every single magnetic stripe credit and debit card with a new contactless smartcard. Why shouldn't they? These cards seem to make it all easier. So much easier that some folks are reading your credit cards before you even take them out of your wallet.

For only $4.99 you can buy one of these sleeves here. This is also the website I'm using to give you all the info in this thread.

We also have sleeves we can buy for passports which can be obtained here. Considering the information that is being blocked using these sleeves, $5.99 for a passport sleeve is pretty damn good of a price in my eyes.

Then we have the RFID blocking technology for ID badges, very helpful for those who work in secured areas in office/military environments. You can grab one of these secure badgeholders (different kinds are available) here.

And a new item available, which I think is a good idea for us all to have, is the new RFID blocking secure wallet. These wallets are $30 and can protect everything within the wallet, making it easy to secure multiple credit cards and the like. They can be purchased here.

Along with the information I provided within this thread, the website I've been using the link to these products also has a much broader explanation on why these are good products to have, and also why it is necessary to do something to protect your identity. Click here to find out more information.

And for those of you who think you may have an RFID chip inserted within your head, well worry no more!

Gotta love Futurama and Fry's tin foil hat!

[edit on 28-12-2009 by highlyoriginal]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
They don't seem to show any RFID spark plug wire protection for cars? Most Electronic ignitions run at 20,000 to 40,000 volts but all have different patterns when you view them on a diagnostic scope. Talk about a unique identifier that is easy to track!

Your thread but try these key words.

elint "electronic ignition" -pontiac

[edit on 28-12-2009 by Bordon81]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Bordon81

I just did some quick searches on what you're talking about but found nothing of the sort that I could include in the OP.

If you would like to expand on what it is you are talking about, I'm sure it'd be helpful for those interested in RFID protection, and those reading this thread.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I blanked out my dogs RFID chip with a TEAC tape demagnetizer, it took about 2 seconds and gone.

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I got my new Passport in September and put it in the microwave for 5 seconds. Its sparked up big time!!

Hopefully I can still make it to Cancun Mexico in 3 weeks

[edit on 2-1-2010 by Alchemst7]

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Nobody will block out big brother and his microchips! In case some of you arent' aware, walmart has been chipping their clothes now for about 4 or 5 years! Yup, those pretty undies and other undergarments you lovely men and women have been wearing are microchipped!

They're even in childrens under garments as well. So, what are ya'll gonna do now? Tin-foil your entire body?
And for those of you who just can't live without your cell phones, what are ya gonna do about the rfid tracking chip in it? What about the cars you drive? Any model since 2007 has a tracking box in it, or didn't ya'll know this either?

Microchips are in the sku codes on the food we buy, the clothes we wear, our drivers licenses, tickets we purchase at the movies, our cell phones, our cars, and even in our satellite dishes such as DTV!

Just the other day, a friend of mine had a daughter that was a car payment or two behind, and you know how they repossessed her car? They turned it off electronically through the car's black-box that is connected to the cars computer via an rfid chip, which even sent a signal as to the location of the car so it could be picked up!

Big Brother is here for good folks, it's the microchipping of us humans that is next on the list!

[edit on 2-1-2010 by thewind]

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
For more on the future of RFID, check out this Rand corp paper from 2008.
RFID and Healthcare. ec.europa.eu...
In it they discuss the optimal route of introducing them and utilizing them. Only half way thru it, it's 100 pages.

In a similar vein to the RFID healthcare convergence, check out Gentag. www.gentag.com...
They license out patents to companies, like say Verichip (now PositiveID corp). They don't manufacture or sell the products themselves.
At that link, you'll see how they plan on combining RFID and diagnostics of diseases that link up to your cell phone. Call the phone and it gives the data. Cool pictures. They even have a picture of what I think they will use in the upcoming swine flu emergency when Verichip uses RFID tracking and virus triage patches (not implanted, just a bridging mechanism to that point I think).
It looks like a band aid with a RFID chip in the center.

posted on Jan, 3 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
As of right now they are chipping prisoners, some single parent mothers who are drug addicts, nursing home patients, and people who want chipped so they don't have to carry a wallet when they go out to party at clubs. CNN's Ali Velshi even has been chipped. He told this fact one morning last spring in 2008 and showed where he was implanted in his arm. And fact is, he seemed to be very proud to have been "chipped", as he said, he was on the cutting edge of technology.

Me personally, I wouldn't trade my soul for all the technology in this world!

new topics

top topics

join