It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The AntiChrist is a bogus and totally misunderstood concept!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I think we've all become the "anti-christ", by failling to understand and apply what "Jesus" tried to teach us.

The notion of "anti-christ" is now reprensented by our whole race, and the only possible defeat for the "anti-christ" would be the extinction of our race.

Yes, I'm pessimist.

Now this implies the assumption that all of mankind has denouced or is vehemently opposed to the doctrine of Christ. The Anti - Christ as has been figured cannot and shall never be revealed untill he does so him/her/it self, man cannot contrive of this force in any fashion what so ever. Those who have been speculated as the Anti-Christ can and never shall be this force, for as stated earlier, Anti-Christ is unmanifested and shall manifest only when the Anti-Christ determines fit.

Jesus did not try to teach " us ", his teachings reside in the confines of scriptures speculating his teachings, and bringing them forth as factual.

What is the Anti-Christ with out the Jesus of Christ?

Deep

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
The �beast� spoken of in Revelation 13 and succeeding chapters almost certainly is a reference to Nero. He was emperor at the time Revelation was written, and his persecution of the Christians in Rome parallels those of the Apocalypse.
In the Hebrew wisdom tradition called Kabalah, there is a system of numerology called �gematria�. Using gematria on the Greek letters �Nero Caesar�, we find the sum to be 666. Another hint is that the author began his verse, translated in the KJV, �Here is wisdom�; the Greek word for �wisdom� he actually used was �sophia�, by which mystical philosophy was known in the Greek world.

Thanks for bringing that little-known fact from 65 AD to the conversation, Masonic Light. Certainly, one must look at the context of the time during which John the Divine's revelation was written. Indeed, Emperor Nero brought much tribulation to Christians and John needed to write using veiled symbols, even in his exile on Patmos. Like most tracts of the fledgling religion, Revelations was intended to give hope to converts. Of course, the 'prophesy' ends well, with Jesus returning, just as all of the faith at that time expected imminently.

Much thanks also for this thread and the topic, Arkaleus. Your original post and the followups do much to help shed the baffling superstition surrounding such Biblical passages.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Masonic or Aeon,
You seem to agree on who's antichrist. In my last post I pointed out that it is not the antichrist himself who forces the antichrist's mark, the mark of the beast. Can you identify this second character who brings the mark, and can you describe what the mark is?

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by telaquapacky
Masonic or Aeon,
You seem to agree on who's antichrist. In my last post I pointed out that it is not the antichrist himself who forces the antichrist's mark, the mark of the beast. Can you identify this second character who brings the mark, and can you describe what the mark is?

Probably refers to the pseudo-Christian sect that was organizing in strength at the time, and eventually became the Roman Catholic Church. John writes that the second beast �sets up an image of the first beast� (or something to that effect), and that everyone who refused to bow down before it would be an outcast. This seems to me that the �image of the first beast� was the papal office. When the Church established its dictatorship, the pope was given full imperial power �in the image of Nero�, so to speak. Those who refused to convert (i.e., �receive the mark�) were persecuted as heretics and murdered.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Ante-Christ as in before Christ has been brought up on here before. Is Jesus the Christ? I wanna know who is talked about first in history the Christ or the ante/anti Christ.

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
OK once again I will state.......THERE IS NO SINGLE ENTITY THAT IS THE ANTI-CHRIST!!!!

Go read your bible and tell me how many times the word anti-christ appears and what it is referring to.

The anti-Christ is a SPIRIT that is in the world today.

You no longer have to look for it with spiritual eyes, for it is now present with physical eyes!!

IT WILL BE DEFEATED BY THE BLOOD OF THE LAMB AND THE WORD OF MY TESTIMONY!
He that hath an ear let him hear, or in this case he that hath an eye, let him see!

posted on Jun, 3 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Masonic Light and ab2tw
This is getting interesting. I don't know the source of Masonic's information, but the way the beast is presented in Daniel definitely identifies him with Rome. There were a lot of spiritual things in common between the emperors of the Christian era and the Papacy (by Papacy I mean the office of the Pope- that is the body of all Popes throughout history). It was a common belief among the Protestant Reformers that the Antichrist was the Pope of Rome.

And nobody can deny what ab2tw says, that the Bible refers to an antichrist spirit (you could say, an attitude).

I'm not trying to muddy the water, but the Bible says enough about antichrist to support both the belief that antichrist is a spirit or way of thinking, and that antichrist is a real historical entity (person or persons).

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The bible is not black and white or open to interpretation.. the older the bibles get the easier they are peter said

"Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation." 2 Peter 1:20

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Some have interpreted John 5:43 -

'I have come in my Father's name, and you do not receive me; if another comes in his own name, him you will receive.'

- to be one place where Christ is speaking of an Anti-Christ in a single body. Other places definately support the spirit of anti-christ being all around the world.

I am of the opinion that it is both - an Anti-Christ spirit throughout the world AND that there will be one personified Anti-Christ at the end who will be Satans counter-version of the Christ.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
i read something here about 666...

well in these times it is so easy to recognise.

barcode > 6 6 6 , the number of a man > identity
quess what! : RFID CHIP , BRAIN CHIP , it is the demon called slave of economy.

this is the true beast.

it will be brought by UN , it is now forming its fort in europe voting...
they want a stronger barrier against the lie terror...
it is triggered by the first beast yes...
america's power

the first beast came out of the second beast and the other way around

america was formed by the english , dutch and spain

and these will start the NWO.

try not to be manipulated by the religions so much
they are made partially false on purpose to mislead.
the answer is found right before our eyes.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   
the antichrist can be many things

but the true antichrist shows himself as a true believer of christ
and on the same time misleading the world
getting everyone into war
and binding everyone to the second beast , the police state effect
he will deny the god of women (mother earth) , meaning he will polute the earth...
and use gods name only to smuther it with more hate...

anyone recognise this?

you can eather way see it as a state of event
or a spirit over mankind

something stinks though...

i can only think of ONE man , who fits this description...

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
In the book of Revaltions I saw the beast come out of the sea and he had seven heads and 10 horns. Seven heads could he be talking about Nero( on Roman coins had enscribed Savior of the World) Hitler, Stalin, Saddam and other dictatiors murders??? Could this a correlation.

posted on Jun, 17 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It is a counterpart. Anti means other than not necessarily opposite of...

There is pictures of Christ with a crown of thorns on his head and nails in the heart. The nails in the heart are symbolic of the fact that while Christ conquered the flesh, the Antichrist suffers 'inside.'
I refer to the emotional pain of the heart as opposite of the physical pain of the flesh. The mind to the body in the Godhead.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I do not believe in an anti christ and I found this discussion to be a very good one and thought I would bring it to the forefront for added comment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join