It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you Ready? Or not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
There are two monkeys sitting in a bright room with YOU the "enlightened one". In the center of this room is a piece of white paper with a triangle drawn on it.

The first monkey is the scientist, the one who uses the scientific method to explain all things. The second monkey is the smart one ( or dumb one..take your pick) trying to figure out the triangle. You however, are sitting in the corner smiling and watching the monkeys. They consider you a looney because you talk a lot of foolish nonsense.

The scientist monkey walks over to the other one who's looking at the triangle and says "A real triangle does not exist because a sphere and a cube can not be formed to create it."

The pondering monkey thinks on it a bit and says "oh yeah? Well I want to see for myself. I'm a smart monkey, I don't believe everything I'm told. I need proof!"

The Scientist gives him a sphere and a cube and says "these are the building blocks of life, I challenge you to form the shape of a triangle."

After a few minutes trying to form the shape, the monkey gives up and says "You're right! A triangle must not truly exist, because the building blocks of reality can not form it!"

Excited and proud of his apparent confirmation, the monkey runs over to you and proclaims "Triangles do NOT exist! I've researched it myself and did the tests!"

You say "How do you know they do not exist when I told you that they do?"

Monkey says " You would have to be an idiot to think that a sphere and a cube could form a triangular object! My friend, you are not using your intelligence, you are just feeding your imagination...and not looking at the proof!!"

You smile at the monkey, pat it on it's head and go back to sleep.

The monkey shakes you and says "Admit it!!!! You were wrong and I am right!"

You lean over to the monkey and say "my dear monkey...you were only given a sphere and cube, of course those won't shape a triangle."

The monkey, feeling insulted, fires back and says "But the scientist gave me the "master shapes" used to form ALL things and they WILL NOT FORM A TRIANGLE DAMNIT! SO just admit that you are wrong and we can put this to sleep and throw away this silly drawing."

You lean back against the wall and say "Have you ever considered that you were not given all the building blocks of life?"

The monkey throws up his hands in resignation and says "There you go again with that crazy talk! GOODBYE!"

You say "farewell" and go back to sleep.

Then a thought hits you, you say to yourself "perhaps I will show him the truth, and then he can become enlightened.."

You call the monkey back over and show him a triangular shape that you had in your pocket. " Do you see now?" you say to him.

The monkey says "How does a sphere and a cube make that?"

You smile at him and decide to go back to sleep.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by juzchilln]

[edit on 28-12-2009 by juzchilln]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Cute story.

Alot of people cant see the triangle.....

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
What is it your trying to say here.

Science is incomplete?

God is the hidden piece that makes everything possible?

Monkeys are dumb so if your ever stuck in a room with two of them. A simple drwaing of a triangle will keep them happy. lol

Nice little yarn, now tell me one about two elephants. I like elephants.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
........... and the uneducated monkey in the corner, who has previously been spending an inordinant amount of time picking mites off its skin and eating them says........

"ummmmmm. I'm just a simple monkey. What if we used the cube and the sphere to create a curved triangle? We could even create a three-sided mobius. I'm just sayin'......... Would that qualify, or do I have to get subjected to Skinner-type conditioning again? I really hate that........

Good theme and story. Provocative, even. Maybe someday soon the Monkey Queen will organize a coup, and then we'll all go ...... BANANAS!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
You guys don't get it. This is not a story about a drawing of a triangle. It's a lesson in believing everything you are told. Ergo..there are no such things as talking monkeys.

top topics

join