It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US quietly widened terror war to Yemen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

US quietly widened terror war to Yemen

rawstory.com

Citing an unnamed former top CIA official, the newspaper said that a year ago the Central Intelligence Agency sent many field operatives with counterterrorism experience to the country.

At the same time, some of the most secretive special operations commandos have begun training Yemeni security forces in counterterrorism tactics, the report said.

The Pentagon will be spending more than 70 million dollars over the next 18 months, and using teams of special forces, to train and equip Yemeni
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
themoderatevoice.com
www.businessinsider.com

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I remember from back when the war started it was being said you will able to find more terrorists in Yemeni then almost any where else in the region. So I am a little surprised that there report is saying this only started about a year ago. It also says that the Yemeni forces are being trained, so if that is correct then perhaps Yemeni will take an active role in trying to flush out its own terrorists.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Hear is a new comment that I found on this.

"Somebody in our government said to me in Sana’a, the capital of Yemen, Iraq was yesterday’s war," Lieberman explained. "Afghanistan is today’s war. If we don’t act preemptively, Yemen will be tomorrow’s war. That’s the danger we face
Link

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
We'll be in Yemen, full military operation, by mid 2010.

The civil war is intensifying rapidly. Neighbour British and Americans soldiers in Oman and Saudi Arabia will be asked - by both respected governments - to intervene.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I'm leaning towards infinite's view here.

Once the CIA and other alphabet agencies have managed to stir up and fund enough hatred We'll be called in.

The original link in the OP seems to be to a blog. For those wanting a little more, and to check out the origin of this little bit of plagiarism. check out this link.

www.nytimes.com...

EDIT: Forgot to thank the OP S&F

[edit on 28-12-2009 by spookfish]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I will pretend for a second like i believe in the war on terror stuff.

why do we keep training people then act surprised when they have the training to bypass our security?

we will only need to kill them later...
I guess that i answered my own question,never mind.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Predators have been smoking pick-up trucks in Yemen for years. US anti-terror operations have been going on in Yemen since the USS Cole bombing. This isn't anything new.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
WE might as well build a base there also for WW3. That way we can strike everywhere, not like we cant anyway...it would just make it easier to take over the world.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lspilot6946

lspilot
so you are saying then that the U.S. is trying to take over the world?

Just wondering

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

if he isn't saying it i am!

www.globalresearch.ca...

check out the maps halfway down the page.
the government can say what they wish about their intentions,that doesn't change the facts of deployment.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Well , since the troops and machinery is there , I guess the US could kill another million or so,

Of course they only would do it for the good of Yemen citizens.

I heard the Military taught the people of Iraq to bake Apple Pie,

The few who weren't killed of course

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

You know it's funny the civil war there is mainly due to the the Yemeni president being seen as too closely tied to the US. After initially turning their backs to the USA in teh early 90's, they learned their lesson.
Essentially Alquada was expelled in the mid 00's, so American and coalition interests moved to new battelgrounds, following Yemeni and Saudi Alquada who were doing the same.
Unfortunately, as usual, the cooperative country was left in tatters. The government was left dealing with a conservative faction, the houthi, as well as the southern seperatists. Add that to Yemen being labelled unworthy of USAID in 2004, after helping quash alquada in the region, one can only wonder at the short-sightedness and repetitive nature of US foreign policy.
TBH, Yemen is a great example of why ifrastructure must be established once an enemy is expelled from a region.

[edit on 1-1-2010 by heyo]

top topics

join