It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ten deaths that marked 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   
As this year, and the decade draw to a close, we can look back on it and refelct some. One way to do so is by the people who died who some would say helped shape the decade. Hear is the link to a news tread on one person opinion of ten who did shape the decade. I you have your own idea on some one who did or want to comment on any of those mentioned please do so.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I agree with the one comment about Walter Cronkite. How does one forget about him? I even started a thread about him on here when he died and no one replied to it. Yet, Jade Goody is on the list. Who the heck is she anyway? Evidently she was way more important than Walter Cronkite. So sad... .

I also agree with the quip about infotainment.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

TheComte
Thanks for taking the time to post a comment. It was looking like no one was going to on this thread.
I agree with you about Cronkite, he is very much one who made his mark in history.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I only knew a few names on the list.

Where's Micheal Crichton? Sure, not as big as Michael Jackson, but bigger than any women on a reality show. (not to sound rude with disrespect to her, i'm no fan of cancer at all towards anyone. I just think she's probably less well known.)

[edit on 12/29/2009 by Schmidt1989]

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

Time flies , you have lost track of time Michael died in the year 2008 . Myself I would choose Robert McNamara as the most notable person who died in 2009 .

Cheers xpert11 .

posted on Jan, 11 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

You're right! Oh boy... where do the days go...

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Swap Jade Goody with Keith Floyd and then you got a list.

posted on Jan, 13 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

MJ, the end of a decade

top topics

join