It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Search for extraterrestrial life is growing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Search for extraterrestrial life is growing

www.sfgate.com

"I think there's been a real sea change in how the public views life in the universe and the search for intelligent life," said Jill Tarter, a founder of the nonprofit SETI Institute and the person on whom Carl Sagan's book "Contact," and the movie that followed, were loosely based.

"We're finding new extra-solar planets every week," she said. "We now know microbes can live in extreme environments on Earth thought to be impossible for life not very long ago, and so many more things seem possible in terms of life beyond earth.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-12-2009 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Heh--I may be alone here, but something about SETI just doesn't sit right with me. Something just tells me that this is sort of a "window-dressing", if you will, and that these folks probably know a LOT more than they are letting on.

I DO think that the search is growing, however, I think that quite a bit of the public at large is leaning towards us being VISITED DIRECTLY by beings, and that we are likely WAY beyond recieving "radio signals" from some distant star light years away. SETI to me is nothing more than a 'cover' org which attempts to keep some of the populace from digging deeper...

Let the debate begin.

www.sfgate.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Nice post friend!

I really do think that more and more people are starting to come terms with and grasp the idea that is irrational and silly to think that we are the only intelligent species out there, let alone the smartest or most evolved ones.

The main problem problem with SETI is that they are looking for only a certain type of transmission, based on hydrogen frequencies. Michio Kaku has stated that any advanced civilization would use a multitude of frequencies all at once, so we could have been listening in on ET conversations for years, but because our spectrum is so limited, all we hear is noise.

Whether or not is a part of some secret agenda or not, I think recent scientific discoveries about the true power of life to exist in almost any environment, coupled with events like the vatican conference on ET life, are all red flags being sailed high for all the average joes to see: We are being prepared for contacting ET's. Whether it happens in 2 years, 20 years, or 200 years, it is bound to happen at some point.

I just hope that when it does happen, it is peaceful, and misinformation isn't spread or some false flag attack is initiated by TPTB.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

Heh--I may be alone here, but something about SETI just doesn't sit right with me. Something just tells me that this is sort of a "window-dressing", if you will, and that these folks probably know a LOT more than they are letting on.

Heh DimensionalDetective, know that you are not alone in this.

Marvelous expression, “this is sort of a "window-dressing”,
and so true.

Because why would they at SETI still continue their search with obviously their “eyes wide shut” into our universe in order trying to discover some possible evidence here and there of other life forms , when some if not many of those other life forms at the same time playing cat and mouse games with worlds most modern airplanes for decades now and if one would really take the time to look into the today’s available evidence for that, they must do their best to not even almost drowning in it.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
SETI - lol. There was a Nassim Haramein video in which ET's had made complex crop circles right next to SETI (one looked like a photo ID), & SETI never mentioned it.

A lot of us have come to terms w/ the fact that there are other races here. My experience has been w/ ET's who are not from this dimension. You can communicate w/ them using telepathy &/or telekinesis, but you can't see them unless you are in a state other than normal waking state.

IMO, the govt is keeping the fact of ET & other-dimensional life forms secret so that they can keep their control structure intact.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

You know what I find very suspicious? The fact that a Gallap Poll was released over the weekend proclaiming about 29% of (was it Americans or....people in general? I forget) don't believe in religion anymore.

Now.......I've always understood that one of the plethora of reasons 'they' don't want to go public is; once they introduced us to off-world entities then, it would pretty much eradicate the religions of the world especially, Christianity. And the fact that the Vatican is getting on board openly admitting they believe in aliens.....I think, we just might have some kind of disclosure (or an undeniable 'event') happening very soon. I can only hope! And if for nothing else but to tell my friends and family "I told you so"!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Because why would they at SETI still continue their search with obviously their “eyes wide shut” into our universe in order trying to discover some possible evidence here and there of other life forms , when some if not many of those other life forms at the same time playing cat and mouse games with worlds most modern airplanes for decades now and if one would really take the time to look into the today’s available evidence for that, they must do their best to not even almost drowning in it.

That is possibly the longest run-on sentence I've ever tried comprehending. Can you please tell me what you just wrote only, talk slower (because I think what you failed to communicate to me, might be interesting!) Thanks and a smile

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TwoPhish

Of course they need to justify their reasons for secrecy in such a way that makes it seem that they're doing it for our benefit. I'm sure the UFO pheonemon wasn't compartmentalized as it was today, so they needed to come up with some benevolent reason that they don't disclose to the masses.
Imo, people who're using religion as an excuse are unaware of the fact that et's can be inferred from the bible. I'm sure other religious texts, not to mention historical "stories", allow for aliens as well.
It's a ridiculous argument. It falls to pieces when one takes into account the power there is to be had with such knowledge, and the affect power has on every man.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo

Of course they need to justify their reasons for secrecy in such a way that makes it seem that they're doing it for our benefit. I'm sure the UFO pheonemon wasn't compartmentalized as it was today, so they needed to come up with some benevolent reason that they don't disclose to the masses.
Imo, people who're using religion as an excuse are unaware of the fact that et's can be inferred from the bible. I'm sure other religious texts, not to mention historical "stories", allow for aliens as well.
It's a ridiculous argument. It falls to pieces when one takes into account the power there is to be had with such knowledge, and the affect power has on every man.

I concur with what you're saying however, I DO think this would have an enormous negative impact on all the church/temple/mosque (whatever) people of the world who are more or less brainwashed into thinking their one and only way.
Especially Christians who think/feel Jesus is the son of God ! How can they possibly fit ET into this dogmatic story line? (I also agree with you about the bible being chock full of ET interactions)
So I think it would have a crushing blow on the many (and I mean this respectfully....sorta) ignorant people that are members of organized religions.

But I still say, bring it on. This world needs a wake up call and who better to deliver one than an ET! (smile)

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Interesting article
ET life is definately coming to a city near you

But in all honesty, who cares?

You know I was watching BBC's documentary lately "Earth"
Wow is it amazing or what?
Who else watched it?

I thought to myself, so much to learn in our own planet yet we are out searching outside our planet which we still don't completely understand.

Also, who cares about extraterrestial life
There's way more interesting things to discover outside of earth other than life

Like dark energy
Black Holes
White Hoes
Blazars
Holographic Dark Energy
Origins of cosmic rays
Gamma Rays
The hypothetical particle known as "neutralino"
Electromagnetism in the sun
does the universe work on electromagnetism?
quark matter
ect......

Good article though, and yes many things seem fishy

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I know for fact that people are more likly to believe now then. Just over christmas I was talking to family members about this and some that a couple years ago said it was non sense are thinking now that it could be possible. My crazy religious aunt though is another story...lol.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Also, who cares about extraterrestial life
There's way more interesting things to discover outside of earth other than life

But none of those other 'more' interesting things would have such a profound impact on every single human being and humanity as a whole at such a basic level should they be proven true.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TwoPhish

Originally posted by heyo

I concur with what you're saying however, I DO think this would have an enormous negative impact on all the church/temple/mosque (whatever) people of the world who are more or less brainwashed into thinking their one and only way.
Especially Christians who think/feel Jesus is the son of God ! How can they possibly fit ET into this dogmatic story line? (I also agree with you about the bible being chock full of ET interactions)
So I think it would have a crushing blow on the many (and I mean this respectfully....sorta) ignorant people that are members of organized religions.

But I still say, bring it on. This world needs a wake up call and who better to deliver one than an ET! (smile)

People who blindly believe in the Godly authority of the bible would no doubt be affected. Others, who've taken it upon themselves to find corroborating evidence in the historic works of other civilizations, not to mention the speculative fields concerning particle physics, have no doubt found ways to be open to more possibilities.

The blind believers of the bible will simply be told why it's okay, then it will be okay. It's easy for them to be told what to do-their faith in God is, for some reason, matched by their faith in the words of other men-hence their unquestioning belief in the bible. So, I don't see why those who blindly believe those present at the bibles conception, wouldn't also be easily convinced that aliens do not contradict their beliefs.

Another thing about Jesus. Well, many abductees and ufo researchers make the assertion that some Aliens are religious. This in itself, while we're speculating, is reason enough to not discount Jesus so quickly. Perhaps they had their own Jesus or similiar, miracle working figure. We would need to know more about them.
That being said, if they denied religion outright, people would get very angry, and the world might not take to these aliens so kindly. There motives would be questioned from the start. There would probably be wars. Would OTHER aliens/Gods/Jesus/Whoever intervene?

So basically I just think that them showing themselves isn't grounds to expect a blow to any religion. We would need to understand their moral/religious code as well.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

This is a joke.
SETI is looking into deep space for aliens?

The aliens are already here on Earth!
The Grays - Atlantians - Pleadians - Reptilians + more.
They have reached the planet Earth in numbers and diversity.
Earth has a hidden history.
There was life on Earth before Adam & Eve.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

This is a joke.
SETI is looking into deep space for aliens?

The aliens are already here on Earth!
The Grays - Atlantians - Pleadians - Reptilians + more.
They have reached the planet Earth in numbers and diversity.
Earth has a hidden history.
There was life on Earth before Adam & Eve.

Shhhhhhhhhhh, they wouldn't be able to get their funding that way silly person. Besides, isn't that the best job in the world (beside being a bridge tender)?

Just sit there, night after night.......looking for a blip or RADIO signal. (please shoot me now) Why would advance civilizations use radio frequency? They've more than likely honed the art of teleportation and inter dimensional time traveling. They've mastered the pesky task of not eating but still......yup, they're using radios. Probably the tube type too!
Good gawd.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by TwoPhish]

top topics

join