It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Steorn magnetic motor replication by JL Naudin

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by djcubed
What type of battery do you think they are using? If it was running the motor for that long it must be some type of new space age battery.

Then why do they keep changing the battery? As for the motor running for that long, my wall clock runs for months on 2 AA cells, the orbo runs on a 10AH D cell, which would be able to run the lightly loaded motor for weeks

So to state that they are changing out a battery in all 3 motors every night and looping their CCTV while they do it is an unbacked opinion that doesn't really hold up.

have you watched the cctv footage? They are often changing machines and batteries.... on the 19/12 cam1 orbo was swapped after stopping, then again the same orbo was swapped on the 21/12 at 0805 EST......

and if someone has built a overunity device there is a easy US$1million they can win by just demonstrating it.... but of course they will not apply for it!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

I am unaware that they did change any batteries... can you site where you got this info? I would like to see it for myself.

And I am unaware of any motor that will run for weeks on a 10aH D cell... can you site where you got this info?

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorDisaster

Besides, you may not even need to build anything. Member RogerT says he already built one, with a COP of 1.28, so maybe he would allow you to test his.

Or, better yet, if the requisite team of volunteer testers can be assembled - why not approach Bedini himself with this? Test out one of his more spectacular systems?

OK, tell you what... I will donate my time and expertise to testing, if someone wants to build a working model, as long as time permits. I do have a full plate, but I could squeeze out enough time to verify operation.

You get the hard job of setting everything up.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

Excellent!

I'm waiting for the owners to comment on this, if they're willing to make this an official project then I'll see about rounding up some more volunteers

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by djcubed

Again... You can't take the battery out of the equation... it is needed because the motor requires power. They are not claiming that the motor doesn't use power... They are claiming that it creates more power than it uses. Even a car shuts down if it has no battery and alternator. Similar concept here.

No, not a similar concept at all. A car will run without a battery, just on alternator-supplied current.

Let us say that it takes 1 watt of power to run the motor, but it produces 1.1 watt of power while it is running. A battery would be needed to start the motor, yes, but once it is running it should be able to power itself without the need for a battery. It should be possible to remove the battery completely once it is running and show operation without the battery.

Would it be harder to build? Possibly. But is it to much to ask of an inventor to demonstrate how effective their product is? If that be the case, then I doubt we will ever see actual self-generation of power. There are rules one has to play by in this game, and one of them is to make good public impressions regardless of the cost or inconvenience.

And I have not called Steorn or Bedini or anyone else a liar. Mistakes happen. During that videotaped proof-of-concept I alluded to earlier, the inverter in the power supply overloaded and shot the fuse. I had to replace the inverter and fuse on-site. That was a mistake. It did not degrade the results I eventually got, but it did emphasize that I was not 'ready for prime time' so to speak. That's a big reason neither you nor anyone else have seen the videos of that test.

It's also the reason I am building a more extravagant supply. It is expensive, it is time-consuming, but it is necessary to properly demonstrate the prototype. I should expect the same adherence to transparency and public perception from anyone else that I do of myself.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I couldn't get the youtubes to post correctly... But here's some video for thought...

Steorn Motor Running On Dead 9V Battery

Steorn Motor Replication - Input Current Load Test

And testing continues because it hasn't been debunked!~

[edit on 30-12-2009 by djcubed]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorDisaster

I'm waiting for the owners to comment on this

I would personally feel much more confident about this if the owners were on board with it.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AlBeMet

Talk to MajorDisaster... this is his baby.

(But if this flies, I will personally welcome all the help I can get!)

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Me too!!

I just made a post about it in ATS Issues. Thanks for your support, it means a lot

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

No, not a similar concept at all. A car will run without a battery, just on alternator-supplied current.

Which is why I stated battery AND alternator...

Let us say that it takes 1 watt of power to run the motor, but it produces 1.1 watt of power while it is running. A battery would be needed to start the motor, yes, but once it is running it should be able to power itself without the need for a battery. It should be possible to remove the battery completely once it is running and show operation without the battery.

I agree if we are still applying the small amount we know about the physics of our universe. I think that boat sailed long ago. We aren't in Kansas anymore. I still think that if it hasn't been completely debunked by now there must be something to it.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Perhaps the implications of something that spins in a closed box with no known potential energy source for eternity needs to be explained.

The box will heat up as it churns the air, creates vibrations and the bearings heat from friction. This means that excess energy must be coming from somewhere other than known sources. Capacitors and inductors can act as batteries without the introduction of any source of power other than the original spin imparted. This impetus can be calculated after spin up by merely filming the initiation. (Known mass, speed and size.)

A calorimeter could monitor the heat output. If the calorimeter registers increasing temperatures and the spin is the same or greater when opened-It's a miracle, eh?

I don't want to get personal but if you believe that this is not a proof of concept, perhaps you're not thinking deeply enough.

I'd also prefer a discussion of a potential world changing find to be a considered process as opposed to a mindless exercise in jibing. There would be no lack of proof, that if the above situation develops, it's an over unity engine.

Thanks.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I am unaware that they did change any batteries... can you site where you got this info? I would like to see it for myself.

just watch the online cameras

And I am unaware of any motor that will run for weeks on a 10aH D cell... can you site where you got this info?

just buy a battery powered wall clock - they run for months on aa cells

[edit on 30/12/09 by dereks]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

Please don't compare wall clocks to the Orbo... That's just sad. How many RPMs is a clock spinning at?

And you can see from many videos on YouTube already that guys at home in their labs are already close to OU using their own rigs... I still think it's very convincing. Or an elaborate hoax that they have spent an aweful lot of time and money on. Encluding paying off all these independent sources that are testing now, that have not yet found a fault in what they claim.

Round 2 starts next week... we will see!~

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by djcubed

A typical clock motor spins anywhere from 2000-5000 RPM, just like a larger electric motor. The RPMs are not a good indicator of power.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

And you can see from many videos on YouTube already that guys at home in their labs are already close to OU using their own rigs...

except none have ever got overunity.... remember there is a very easy US$1million to anyone who does! As well as a Nobel Prize!

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Again... You can't take the battery out of the equation...

oh yes you can. Battery is just a source of DC, right? Whatever electrical energy (pulsed, I assume) comes out of the device can be rectified and made into DC as well. At that point in time, you flip the switch so the energy is looped. And you can drain the excess energy to your heart's content, and move the battery back where it belongs (in storage).

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   

A typical clock motor spins anywhere from 2000-5000 RPM, just like a larger electric motor. The RPMs are not a good indicator of power.

Regardless it's a bad comparison... electromagnetism runs this motor. Not gears as in most clocks.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Regardless it's a bad comparison... electromagnetism runs this motor. Not gears as in most clocks.

actually it is a very good comparison, but those that believe in perpetual motion devices do not like it as it shows their machines can run for a long time, especially when they have a large battery

What do you think runs the motor in a clock? Electromagnetism, exactly like the motor running the orbo, powered by a large battery!

[edit on 30/12/09 by dereks]

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

reply to post by dereks

Please don't compare wall clocks to the Orbo... That's just sad. How many RPMs is a clock spinning at?

RPMs are completely irrelevant. If the gyro is well made and set on high quality bearings, energy dissipation can be made very, very small. You can actually see in the video that vibrations are kept to the minimum, i.e. indeed it's carefully machined and assembled. And it would be possible indeed to run this hoax on AA batteries for quite a while.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

oh yes you can. Battery is just a source of DC, right? Whatever electrical energy (pulsed, I assume) comes out of the device can be rectified and made into DC as well. At that point in time, you flip the switch so the energy is looped. And you can drain the excess energy to your heart's content, and move the battery back where it belongs (in storage).

Yes, if you regulated the DC back into the motor to remain constant I suppose you can eliminate the battery it would be practical for testing, but I would think ANY OU device would use a battery bank to store its power. People have only just started testing this on there own this week... I'm going to give it some time.

Meanwhile the guys at Steorn say this about the next round of tests...

During January we will be doing a sequence of live experiments - these will be streamed and then posted on our YouTube channel. The sequence is as follows: (1) Confirming that all the electrical energy input into an eOrbo interaction is output as heat. (2) Confirming that there is no change in the domain energy of the components that make up an eOrbo interaction. (3) Input to Output measurements - confirming eOrbo is Over Unity. Thats the sequence - if you have any (rational) requests with respect to the first of the above three experiments, please post them in this thread.

Steorn Forum Here

Please feel free to give them your input directly. It's doesn't seem to me that they are trying to hide anything.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join