It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Steorn magnetic motor replication by JL Naudin

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Source 1
Source 2

The phenomenon is said to be due in large part to the motor running without back-EMF. In layman terms, that essentially means that the motor runs without any internal resistance other than from bearings. In some cases, the claim goes even further, stating that a configuration can be attained that actually results in converting static magnetic power into kinetic (motion) power. That is what Steorn is claiming.

Conventional physics says this is impossible (aka heretical).

Now a well-respected replicator, Jean-Louis Naudin of France, has reproduced this key portion of the e-Orbo technology. And he has posted a clear set of instructions of how he did it, along with his results.

It appears as if this technology does indeed work. If anyone out there would like to test it out as well, here are the suggested schematics.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I felt the need to also provide the original video from Steorn for those that missed it during the holiday season.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Very interesting. You have to give the people at Stoern props for not folding when all the people with pitchforks and torches stormed their castle. It will be most interesting to see where this nets-out. Wil this turn out to be some new nascent technology or will it be determined to be a misinterpretation of observations. I'm rooting for them personally.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
STar, flag, and bump for you. I've next to no knowledge regarding physics, so I've been waiting for different parties to replicate it. Reading people argue over teh possibility has definately left me questioning not only the validity of the physics behind the technology, but also the integrity of the company that designed it.
My hopes are up. It gives me chills thinking about how such a thing could be used in our day to day lives. Free energy would add adynamic to our society that I have trouble even picturing.
Thanks for posting!!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   
This is a very, very interesting development!

I had honestly believed that Steorn were hoaxers set up to have a series of humiliating public failures in order to discredit free energy tech.

But if JLN's replication really does work, then this is huge!! Especially since he's willing to post the schematics!

S+F

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
how does having a battery attached in the schematics upper right hand corner make this a free energy device?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
I've next to no knowledge regarding physics, so I've been waiting for different parties to replicate it.

Snake oil has been known to be promoted by multiple people, aka snake oil salesmen. Thanks to them, we have limitless supply of that precious commodity now.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
maybe mr naudin can povide the public demonstration that has eluded steorn for so long

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
how does having a battery attached in the schematics upper right hand corner make this a free energy device?

The demonstration scheduled for January will hopefully show an increase in energy output over the amount needed to power the device.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

You'll have to wait untill all the experiments are published to get a good answer for this. The debunkers simply claim that this is nothing more than an electric motor. But you can't truly make that claim without measurements of the system. It has already been proved that this doesn't function as a classical electric motor (polarity indepedent rotation; lack of reverse EMF).

What has to be answered is whether or not the device is producing more energy than the battery is supplying. Not whether or not the battery is in the system. We'll have to wait for these measurements.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by patmac
The demonstration scheduled for January will hopefully show an increase in energy output over the amount needed to power the device.

God is my witness, I've read this verbatim on ATS and other sites, 10,000 times.

Don't hold your breath.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
There's a place where more have already replicated this, Jnaudin has just done it in a structural and organized manner.

I will tell you this. Either start believing or the roles will turn and you will become the laughing stock.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by patmac

God is my witness, I've read this verbatim on ATS and other sites, 10,000 times.

Don't hold your breath.

Agreed. I retain a level of skepticism as well. However, the disclosure of this technology seems to be unique in that it is being GIVEN to the public for use. At least it somewhat projects that appearance.

Perhaps Steorn wants to get the technology out there quickly and genuinely so that outside interests cannot thwart it's propagation. I wonder if they took a history lesson and realized that mysterious deaths plague inventors who attempt to profit from such advancements.

Of course, simply being inventors of this technology would yield profits from other areas.

Optimism is important as something will eventually fill the free energy void, and we have to support those that strive to achieve it.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by heyo
I've next to no knowledge regarding physics, so I've been waiting for different parties to replicate it.

Snake oil has been known to be promoted by multiple people, aka snake oil salesmen. Thanks to them, we have limitless supply of that precious commodity now.

Indeed. It's amazing how many people will blatantly lie to effect some sort of gain for themselves. I'm excited about it, but it will take more replications and analysis by qualified individuals than there are at the present for me to believe it totally.
That being said, they SEEM to be going about it in the correct way. The only thing there is to do is wait.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by heyo]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
since some of you are so optimistic I will take another example.

Any time you heard of something like cheap or free energy the inventors/patents seem to vanish.

Imagine what is hidden in the vaults of big oil companies.

If this tech was true, why is nobody stopping this danger for profits?

Because it isn't true.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hmmm, if the rotor was placed in a vaccum chamber, would it have even less resistance?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I'll simply remind all of you that JL Naudin also claims to have numerous reproductions of cold fusion reactors. He also professes that the asymmetrical capacitor engine produces an asymmetrical force and does not require ionic winds for propulsion. (aka Lifters) He, of course, demonstrates countless experiments showing this - but never in a way that eliminates plenty of free moving ions. Instead, he wants you to believe charge can not flow through cardboard.

I found his work very interesting a while back. So much so that I joined two of his forums. He is very good at explaining himself. However, when someone makes a solid point he simply removes them from the discussion. I was kicked for suggesting he make an ACTUAL measurement showing that one end of lifter set-up produces a greater force. Just to be clear, the experiment I am referring to is jnaudin.free.fr...

Apparently, pointing out that measuring forces would help prove the technology is strictly sacrilegious to a scientist. So I have my doubts about this particular person.

I'd also like to point out that several variations of CD magnet motors are open source schematics as well as the infamous Schoolgirl motor of Bedini. None of which can sustain any load whatsoever.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

ok - as you claim that they have been " prooved " , please define for us EXACTLY what the following word salad means :

` polarity independant rotation `

` lack of reverse EMF `

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by patmac

so, naudin's well respected. then I guess that must be the reason Bearden drops his name over at his MEG website...haven't been there in a while.

I remember it from Google's pre-IPO days

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
First of all, this isn't about free energy, it's about efficiency of motors.

He's using a "pulsating direct current" which basically turns the dc on and off (or changes the amount of current) at high frequencies. He has it at around 100hz.

It creates the same result as an alternating current induced rotation.

AC has some back emf.

Pulsating DC still has some in my opinion. I'm not sure what he's doing that makes cemf 0.

Assuming that cemf is 0, the maximum RPM is causing by the DC induced force and the counter friction force from the bearings. If anything is connected to harness the energy the motor, the motor will decelerate, forcing increased power into the motor to maintain the RPM.

BASICALLY:

Cemf is like friction, if you can reduce it, you get greater efficiency.

[edit on 12/29/2009 by die_another_day]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join