It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Your Number 1 Pet hate?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
My number one pet hate:

Impatient people who stand right next to you and make you locate their object for them, and don't know how to give directions. If they could just be more descriptive or do it themselves. It's demeaning and disgusting of them. AND... they don't say thank you when you've finally found the object. They just act pissed because you didn't read their mind or know by memory what they were looking for. When you have never seen an object or put it there, you can't just magically know where it's been placed. These people think that they own you and can treat you any way they want... usually because they've "paid" you or because they think you owe them something that wasn't ever agreed upon.

Some people have gotten to the point where they are just lazy, too senile to communicate simple ideas and love to micro-manage. I'm so over helping people now. I've been on a long road of helping people and it has been very rare to encounter a truly grateful individual who understands giving and receiving.

I know that there are mostly mildly intelligent people in the world so most people are frustrating. The more I understand who people work, the less I want to help them. People have hardened me, and I have to say that I've always been one to lend a helping hand.

People don't appreciate when they're helped. I gave someone all my change today and I have no job. She didn't even look at me and say thank you. It was a couple bucks in change that I could've used to eat tomorrow. I helped this old lady I barely knew after she broke her ankle, and she treated me like a slave. I gave her a copy of her favorite movie, that should couldn't find anywhere, and she didn't watch it or thank me!!

I was once I person who naturally loved helping people and was drawn in my recent past to help independent businesses, the elderly and also the homeless. Now I am reconsidering this. Nobody seems to be grateful when they are helped. They treat you like someone else could always fill in your shoes at any given moment, so you better do everything and anything for them or you're gone! It's not fair to treat people like slaves just because you're given the opportunity to direct someone.

I see how ungrateful people are and it nearly hardens my heart. I have a very big heart and most often I do not get back what I give. It's as though people truly do not believe in good things, nor do they value good things. I am through with helping people and I am going to be on guard from now on. If anyone tries to ask me to locate something for them, I'll tell them I'm not good at this game and they better do it themselves.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
People who drive in the passing lane and the only thing they are passing is gas.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
My number one pet hate? I have multiple number ones.

People ranting about things they don't know anything about.

People judging entire groups of people based on the actions of the few or the one. Such as theists ranting against atheists or women ranting against men or antisemites ranting against Jews.

People who are locked into their opinions and no matter what is shown to them nothing will convince them they're wrong because they're extremely hostile to the people who believe in a different opinion.

Trolls who think they're defending a certain group when all they're really saying is "STFU, only MY GROUP gets to express their opinion" and using any number of dirty tricks to turn the argument back onto the criticizer.

People who say their group is the only group who have the right opinion and everybody must bow down to them.

Changing the language or other dirty tricks to "win" the argument and to "prove" they're right.

Dishonesty.

Calling people racist, Islamophobe, or homophobe for having opinions that are different than theirs in order to shut down honest and open discussion.

Not having their facts straights on stupid rants, and not caring to have their facts straight on their stupid rants.

Broad generalizations.

People who get upset at sarcasm because they can't understand it.

Obama/Ron Paul/any politician bots.

"MY party is always right no matter what and can do no wrong but your party can do no good no matter what".

Personal attacks because they can't argue the points.

People who take it personally when another person has a dissenting opinion or a different opinion than they do.

People who say we must all conform to the one true way or you're a freak and a nobody.

"Do as I say not as I do" or "It's different for me so I can do it, but you can't".

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
People who don't use the word "Okay" or even the abbreviated (but acceptable) "OK" but instead find it far easier to simply reply with "K".

Boils my piss.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by pharaohmoan
OK it's seems I am going through a mid-life crisis and so hate everything at the moment. In fact everywhere I turn it seems I am discusted by the reality I find myself in!

So I want to ask fellow ATS'ers what is your number 1 Pet hate? Could be about anything, anyone or on any subject.

Go ahead let loose!

Do you have all day? There are a lot of things I hate.

1 - The fact that, in our ignorant culture, bigger girls and very skinny girls are not desirable (even though most girls fall under one of those two categories). You have to be thin, but curvy at the same time. You have to have a flawless, cookie-cut body straight from a magazine, or your a fat ugly cow, or an anorexic whore.You have to have absolutely NO stomach, but somehow, have gigantic breasts and big hips. I have two of those three requirements, but I have a little bit of a stomach. So what? Don't like the way I look, don't look at me. Worthless brainwashed losers.

2 - WHINERS. People who complain non-STOP about EVERYTHING. I can understand venting when life kicks you down, but I'm talking about people who whine--then do NOTHING about their problems, and literally come to me, in the most whiny voice they can muster, and say "Fix it!" I have a friend like that. I love her to death, but I can not understand what is in her head that makes her think ANYONE would find it desirable to listen to her whine and cry. She tries to sound like a baby. She TRIES. Very HARD. She WANTS to be a kicking screaming brat, and ask her friends to "fix it" all the time. GAHHHHHGH

3 - Control. I can not be treated like trash or controlled. I can not, I will not. That is why I don't have an ordinary job. I could not deal with someone looking down on me like I'm trash. Had it all my life growing up. It's not that I'm whining about authority, that's not it at all... it's just, when I feel like I'm being attacked or put down, I go into offensive mode, like I did when I was a child. I end up lashing out and hurting someone... and you can't do that in a job environment. It's beyond my control. I don't have a filter, and I have little patience. I still work, doing odd jobs and babysitting, and I make a decent amount from it... because I'm my own boss. I can not STAND someone thinking they are better than me, they're above me, they know more than me, and they rule me simply because they said so. Under-the-table jobs and cleaning and cooking are my strong suits. Not working at gas stations and grocery stores.

4 - Government. They truly think they are God, and I hate everything about them. I can't explain why, or I'd use up three different threads. Like I said before, I hate being controlled... and being trapped in a rat-cage of a nation like America, and being suffocated by its ignorant customs and mind-numbing media makes me insane.

5 - Loose people. My God, if there's anyone I'd like to kill, it's loose girls, who think they're better than everyone else because they can't keep their legs closed. They BRAG about it when they break hearts. I'm not just talking about girls, either. Little boys who stick it in every hole they see. Those people disgust me. Burn em. Shoot em. Get rid of em.

6 - People who are supposed to be your friends, who call you worse names than they'd call their enemies. I have friends who constantly call me the B word and the C word, for no reason whatsoever. I had people in school who used to jump me who'd call me things like that. I thought friends were supposed to treat you with more respect than roving gangs of bullies at school did. But, hey, I'm not in an open relationship, I don't like orgies, and I think it's disrespectful to call people names. So, naturally, they don't understand me. God help me, I must be so messed up.

7 - When those same friends throw things in your face, trying to guilt and manipulate you into doing their bidding. My whiny friend I mentioned earlier, she once asked me to pay for stuff for our other friend's birthday party because she had no money. I didn't mind, but I told her I had to use the money carefully, because I only had 70$ and I needed groceries really badly. So, what does she do? She throws it in my face that she and my other friend once spend 70$ on MY birthday party (a party I didn't even ask for), then expects me to blow all my grocery money on one party. I had NO food at home. I needed FOOD. What kind of person does that? Seriously??? I hate when "friends" treat you like your their pet. I will not have friends like that again.

There's probrably more I forgot to type, but that's the gist of my hatrid list. That's probrably only a slight fraction of it.

EDIT; Ah yes, how could I forget.

8 - Rudeness. I will give my friend some candy when she's upset. If someone did that for me, I would tell them "Thank you," you know, like a human being. But her... she snatches it out of my hand and rips it open, with the most pissy look on her face... like a bratty five year old. She's a year and a half older than me. God, why does she WANT to be such a child? I don't get it!!! It's the same with people who just stick their nose up at you if you hold the door open for them. "Yes, you better keep that door open, you raggedy little gothic lump of trash..."

edit on 3-11-2012 by XxNightAngelusxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2022 @ 04:20 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 3 2022 @ 05:48 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: pharaohmoan

Windows 11 . A Sinister Weapon to Steal your Intellectual Property !

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22   >>

join