It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

***GRAPHIC*** Iran protest images... Identify the canister...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Courtesy of Fox news...
The image I am pointing to here seems to include a silver / grey canister on the ground right in the thick of the blood pool. It appears to be something that is pressurized. I must warn you that the image is quite graphic, maybe TOO GRAPHIC... But note the color of the blood. I've seen pools of blood before with a much darker hue and this just seems a little too bright. (EDIT: It has been noted that blood from the head may be more oxygenated and therefore lighter in color) Maybe it's nothing but that canister is not there by mistake. Is it a tear gas canister or did the visual effects people accidentally leave the pressurized fx blood canister in the frame? What is it and what's it doing there?

It is image 8 on the below slide show.

FOX IRAN SLIDESHOW

I'm not trying to take dismiss the possibility of any real injuries or any real movement but these uprisings tend to be sponsored, usually, by someone. Is it possible that this "uprising" is not happening in Iran but is being staged elsewhere in order to garner support from the populace both here and Iran?

Edit to add that I am not saying outright that I think it is faked, but history shows that uprisings have been staged or at least fueled in other countries. The main area of curiosity here is the gray canister seen in picture 8 of the slide show. This needs to be identified if for nothing else, for my own curiosity. Also, this is not a thread from which I intend to launch an anti Israel rant session. Frankly, Israel doesn't interest me enough nor do I wish to stoop to the level of ADL fanboys.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by Atlantican]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
It's really tough to say but I think these are either

A) Incredibly good photos under the circumstances....very good

B) Staged!

Hard to believe camera man didn't get detained & camera taken.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Blood from the head tends to be very bright because it is highly oxygenated – thus bright.

For me that picture looks legit because like you I have also seen large pools of blood on too many occasions and the pools looked very similar to that in the picture based on memory.

Distrubing is right!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I don't know either. On the fence here.
The blood looks weird, thats for sure.
I'm betting they are real pictures, tho.

Hmm...disturbing pictures to say the least.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
To me, a forensic major, the blood looks real. Ive looked at more blood than I could have ever imagined to. You have to also realize you are dealing with a photo. A photo tends to manipulate what is actually seen, depending on settings, etc. You are also dealing with lighting around the body. This also would manipulate what is seen on a photo. The blood could be much darker in person and just look different overall in person.

After looking further at all the pics, I 100% believe it is real. Even the blood splatter is real. Again, many factors involved in what is being seen on a photo vs. what is seen in person.

[edit on December 28th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
That canister is what gets me though. It's got an "obvious to me" filler valve in the middle and the rounded edges like a mini torch tank or boutique variety hairspray bottle.

Highly oxygenated blood is a possibility yep, though I just can't get past that "tank" on the ground. We can see whatever we want to see but that tank right there in that place at that time, relatively clean as if it was laid on top of the blood... I dunno.

Just look at the blood under the tank and how largely unscathed the bottle/tank is. It was laid after the blood flowed I think. Though it's possible that it was there and the blood seeped under it. Questions questions questions... I just don't know.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
That's a lot of blood. Maybe the guy was hit in the head with a tear gas canister at very close range? It does look like a tear gas canister.

hxxp://www.eappi.org/fileadmin/eappi/images/gallery/Az-Zawiya06_TearGasCan_APettersson_2004_06_20.jpg

change the hxxp to http

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I think one of the key things to remember that the Iranian Holiday of Ashura involves self flatulence.

Like Christians who whip themselves on the Way of the Cross in Jerusalem and people who run with the bulls in Spain there is a good amount of voluntary blood letting that goes on during the Holiday of Ashura.

So there would in fact be no shortage of bloody people to take video of.

One of the biggest problems in the footage coming out of Iran/Tehran yesterday and today is the skies don’t match the forecast. International weather services say yesterday and today were both sunny and bright. The videos all look like gloomy overcast skies.

Another big question is the notion that protesters would be chanting “G-d is Great” as a form of protest against a theocracy. That does not exactly sound like a protest cry of “Hell no, we won’t go” to me!

Chances are strong that crowds actually in various stage of celebrating the religious holiday who support the regime are then depicted as opposition crowds.

Chances are strong that the main groups of militant protestors against the regime are CIA/MOSSAD/MI5 funded and backed and possibly even manned with CIA/MOSSAD/MI5 Agents.

There is little doubt that former SAVAK members and their descendants loyal to the Shah’s regime and the Prince Regent are actively taking a part there too on the ground.

I think there are some homegrown protestors unhappy with the government there just as there are in every other nation on earth that has a government.

I think they are being funded, encouraged, helped, and even prodded, and put at risk and exploited by various Western Intelligence Agencies though as the media takes what little it has and twists it as best as they can to depict wide spread unrest and human rights violations.

There is absolutely no doubt that there is a wide scale propaganda war going on against Iran and that Western Governments are committed to destabilizing the Iranian regime and changing it.

Everything else in my opinion is highly suspect.

[edit on 28/12/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atlantican

Just look at the blood under the tank and how largely unscathed the bottle/tank is. It was laid after the blood flowed I think. Though it's possible that it was there and the blood seeped under it. Questions questions questions... I just don't know.

The silver tube (duly noted: tear gas canister) has blood on it in more than one place. It was probably kicked around by all those feet near it.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/368ade9e3ec3.jpg[/atsimg]

You can also see in this photo (blown up) that the blood color varies depending on the lighting. The blood in the shadow looks darker than the blood in the direct light. Again, depending on camera settings and lighting, what you see may not be as accurate as what you see in person.

I see nothing fake about any of these photos.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

That looks like a definite possibility!!!

I've been searching around for something similar with no luck.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

The top of the canister nearest to the heel of the shoe appears to be cut off at an angle that is not natural. The bottom of the canister is clearly rounded. The top is cut on a jagged line that looks circumspect as does the way the blood has pooled.

It could be legitimate it could be altered though. It’s not ideal having a 300 dpi internet image to judge that by.

In my opinion its not wise to discount that the Ashura holiday features self flatulence where people to whip and cut themselves in a symbolic gesture of mourning and solidarity.

I think its as peculiar when Muslims do that as Christians do that by the way, but in both cases it’s a self determination and the most zealous tend to feel the more of their own blood they draw the more pious and faithful they are to the event.

Which really does beg the honest question of how do we really know who is bloody from self flatulence, from state sponsored violence, or opposition sponsored violence?

Hardly anyone on ATS speaks Farsi and none of the people involved are being interviewed on the spot. We are simply being shown pictures and videos that are then editorialized by various factions looking to get a picture to speak a thousand words.

[edit on 28/12/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I'm not sure about fake or not but the canister is what got me. Who knows? It could be an Iranian variety hairspray lol!

The post above with the link to a tear gas canister pic might be exactly what it is, though.

Damn I love ATS! When you don't have an answer, someone else usually does!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Absolutely! Just look at what they do in the Philippines during easter!!! People lining up to be crucified and WITH NAILS.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

Ouch that has to hurt! There is nothing a sadist despises more than self masochists!

I think as we have all seen a million times before here on ATS is that many people see what they want to see in pictures.

My favorite was the dead deer wrapped in plastic as a space alien!

Of course for all we know deer are from another planet originally!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Im not talking about how the person was wounded (protesting and hit by something or self inflicted). Im talking about the legitmacy that this is blood.

The way the blood as pooled and the blood splatter look 100% legit.

Could it be hollywood magic? Of course. All we have are photos. But if that is the case, they must have looked at enough crime scenes to get the details right.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Honestly I can't tell. I work with graphics professionally and I am inclined to say it's an altered picture but in all fairness the internet only provides a 300 dot per inch resolution and that's just not really adequate to make a truly objective opinion.

I am trying not to let my normal suspicion of the mainstream media and the intelligence agencies bias my determination.

Though I would say based on this resolution it seems as if the picture has been doctored in several ways.

Getting the 3D angles just right when doctoring pictures is no easy task.

But if you can put it in front of a biased audience that is easily led and just show it briefly such efforts can either paint the picture, or cloud the issue and have an impact.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
By the way it looks like a Red Bull energy drink can with the label pulled off!

Red Bull when you need to energize your protest!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Oh my Gawd! the disinformationists are running wild!

I can't believe what I'm reading in this thread! my eyes hurt!

Don't you guys know how a tear-gas cannister looks like? - incredible!

You guys should get out on the barricades more often!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
My personal opinion would be that the guy took a bullet to the head. If a tear gas canister hit him and did that kind of damage, I doubt that it would have ended up lying next to his head. It would have bounced some distance. In the one photo, it looks as if the guys eyeballs are protruding somewhat from their sockets. That is something that happens when a person is shot in the brain-case. BTW- It is 'self-flagellation' not 'Flatulation'.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by butcherguy]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

Is it possible that this "uprising" is not happening in Iran but is being staged elsewhere

This uprising is most definitely going on, and has been leading up to the endgame for many months now.

in order to garner support from the populace both here and Iran?

Support to do what? Support of an uprising of this nature may mean that military action may be used against the regime, which would be counterproductive.

Although Obama has vocally condemned these crimes, and supported the freedoms and rights of Iranian's, which is good that he finally sees the major issue as human rights rather than nukes.

I can't see anything that can be shown as proof that any of these photos are fake. It's possible that hollywood can produce almost perfect fakes that are too good to distinguish between the real, although I just don't think it's very likely for that to be the case here.

Actually these kinds of awful images are what I've been expecting to come out of Iran this month, and I expect things will probably get even uglier over the next few weeks with many more photos of gunshot victims, stabbing victims etc.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by john124]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join