It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Geese Flying East and Easterly North December

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Why am I seeing flocks of Canadian geese flying loudly overhead, today, yesterday, and over a week ago? They 're flying in an eastern and north eastern direction, from the west, and from the south west.

This is the very first time I've ever seen such a thing in December. Does anyone have an idea why this could be going on?

Could it be related to the geomagnetic pole reversal? Or could it be related to seismic activity? What other kinds of things might cause this?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Could it be related to the geomagnetic pole reversal?

I think it might have something to do with the pole reversal. The Earth is greatly changing these days.
It's just makes sense for this strange behavior of geese.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by sphinx551]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Without any doubts whatsoever total Global Warming. Even if there is a pole reversal, thats definitely caused by the ribeye boneless steaks I ate 2 nights ago and driving to the store to get them! AL Gore said that global warming is causing more earthquakes, so that sums up the siesmic activity.

Seriosuly tho, that is odd. Shouldn't they already be out of Canada, the ones who intend to leave? It's been 8 years since I lived in Michigan, but there were always many that stuck out the cold. It was always funny watching them fly across the ice surface of the lake flapping their wings yet kicking their feet as if they were running across it, like the do with the water when itsa warm. They'd all congregate out there with the swans and beat their wings on the ice together to break it so they could dive into the chilly water. It could just be a group of stick arounders.

I've heard noise about pole reversal concepts but havent looked too far into any of it enough to comment.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:06 PM
link   
And there was 168 whales beached in New Zealand today in this thread too:

"Beach tragedy: 125 pilot whales die stranded in New Zealand bay"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12/28/2009 by Larryman]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
It's the storms they're trying to stay away from but they cannot always afford the energy to completely get away and get caught sometimes. Don't worry about pole reversal, the geese are just doing what they have to do to survive.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Without any doubts whatsoever total Global Warming. Even if there is a pole reversal, thats definitely caused by the ribeye boneless steaks I ate 2 nights ago and driving to the store to get them! AL Gore said that global warming is causing more earthquakes, so that sums up the siesmic activity.

Seriosuly tho, that is odd. Shouldn't they already be out of Canada, the ones who intend to leave? It's been 8 years since I lived in Michigan, but there were always many that stuck out the cold. It was always funny watching them fly across the ice surface of the lake flapping their wings yet kicking their feet as if they were running across it, like the do with the water when itsa warm. They'd all congregate out there with the swans and beat their wings on the ice together to break it so they could dive into the chilly water. It could just be a group of stick arounders.

I've heard noise about pole reversal concepts but havent looked too far into any of it enough to comment.

Yes, they really should be down south, having a lovely holiday. They actually leave quite early, I beleive it was late August this year when I noticed the geese taking off, so I though oh its going to be an early fall.

I just flashed on that big bang, that was off the west coast that there was a thread on, I wonder if this had anything to do with it?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Check this thread, could be part of the reason.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
It reminds me of that saying I head somewhere (???)
something about looking at the animals to see whats going on
eluding to the fact that if they act nutty something is up (not counting squirrels of course)
Got that little sensation in my stomache too . . . Cool!
Change is good right Obama fans!

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'omino

For some reason the Obama part seems irrelevant to me right now, when people do this you have to remember they had only one other big ticket choice, and they're not used to voting outside the box so to speak and run with an independent or unproven team.....yet....I wish this would change, but the other side of the coin is the party Bush and his father before him ran, and it was not a pretty package either.

The people are not repsonsible for the treason that is inherent in this fraud of political representation.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by '___'omino
It reminds me of that saying I head somewhere (???)
something about looking at the animals to see whats going on
eluding to the fact that if they act nutty something is up (not counting squirrels of course)
Got that little sensation in my stomache too . . . Cool!
Change is good right Obama fans!

Dom, not sure but I think you read the thread in my sig - as you friended me recently, I can only assume this.

Also, OP, any pictures of the ducks may be of help. We can figure out their species and maybe gauge their typical flight patterns and ultimately see to what extent the abnormality goes.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by patmac

I don't know how to use my new cheap digital camera yet, and I thought about it when they went over, since this was the third wave that would have been nice. I will try to get my son on the job since he's better with the camera if I hear them in the daytime again. I had assumed they were the typical Canadian geese we get here alot, around all our lakes and ponds, that they had simply returned for some reason.

If it was a different species, that would even be more unusual.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by Unity_99]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Why am I seeing flocks of Canadian geese flying loudly overhead, today, yesterday, and over a week ago? They 're flying in an eastern and north eastern direction, from the west, and from the south west.

This is the very first time I've ever seen such a thing in December. Does anyone have an idea why this could be going on?

Could it be related to the geomagnetic pole reversal? Or could it be related to seismic activity? What other kinds of things might cause this?

Thats what I see all the time.. where do you live?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 22-250

West Coast, BC. An hour inland from Vancouver. This is not common, here in December.

top topics

join