It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a dream about an ex from a long time ago

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:33 AM
link   
i had a dream last night about an ex girlfriend of mine from over 15 years ago. she meant a lot to me then and she still does, we remained good friends after our breakup although i havent talked to her in a very long time.

so in my dream i'm trying to tell her something. she's right there but its like i cant get her attention so i dont say anything. she knows i'm there but is occupied by other people.

what am i trying to tell her you ask? that i love her. and i do. no, not that way! she was a great girlfriend but she was also a good friend to me as well and her friendship meant a lot to me. i think there was some other stuff i wanted to say but i cant remember at the moment.

anyway when i woke up i felt so depressed and sad. not sure why though.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   
That's a common dream. Sound like you have things left unresolved.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
thats what i was thinking but that seemed too obvious.

i also cant think of what those issues would be since the last time we talked it was on good terms.

maybe its just because i miss her. i miss a lot of my friends from way back when but i dont dream about them.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Is some kind of anniversary about that relationship comming up?

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:06 AM
link   
uh no. her b-day is in july...but thats over a month away.

my mind dredges up people from my past all the time.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   
If the dream persists,and depresses you, you may want to give her a call, things might resolve themselves.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
well i dont have her number and i dont know where she lives.

this happens ocassionally, only with a couple of people and it comes and goes. this generally doesnt happen with this person though.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
There are friends, and friends of friends. Maybe you could track her down. This could be important. I had a girlfriend 25 years ago, I moved away but we kept in touch by mail for a while. About 8 years ago I saw this woman in a supermarket, 4500 miles from where we dated, I was sure it was her. I didn't talk to her and I truely regret that.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
well i dont know anyone now who knew her. and all the people that did were in large part HER friends. and i dont see them. and even then they wouldnt see and talk to each other on a regular basis.

i could do a people search at one of several sites but A) i dont feel like paying for it B) i dont feel like bothering a woman who may or may not remember me C) i'd feel like a stalker (hi...you've been on my mind all these years...)

(shivers)

no thanks.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Stalking implies persistance. If you just tracked her down to have "a" conversation, that's not stalking. Personally, I would be flattered if someone from my past tracked me down.

posted on May, 24 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
you know what i thought that once...until it happened. and boy do i wish they never did that! (its a long story...)

top topics

join