It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When/If 2012 Doesn't Bring The End of the World...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This will seem off-topic at first; please bear with me, and I'll eventually get to it.

My Bride and I have been preparing for 15 years. What are we preparing for? Adverse change. Now, if there is a Terra-changing event afoot, we cannot hope to adapt to that -- as with the threat of incoming asteroid, I can't concern myself with things I cannot affect. There is no point in that.

So, we make changes, and invest in things that make us more self-sustainable, self-subsistant. Since we moved here, I have improved a cave -- built a stair to it and drilled into the back wall to open up a vent hole. This cave has 40 feet of rock above it, and is 57 feet above high tide. It'll have to do.

We've made raised beds out of rock and concrete that can be covered over with plywood in the event of hurricane, and we grow about 25% of our produce. We're in the process of installing a PV solar array and hopefully will be off-grid by this time next month.

What will 2012 bring? I can't say, but what I WON'T do is panic. I don't believe in Nibiru, but even if I did, to focus upon it would breach my mantra -- "focus on the things you can positively affect." I see a collapse of the U.S. economy. That's not a death toll for the U.S., just a change, perhaps even an improvement after the lost have been buried. Let me clarify what I mean by that last statement, as I love the United States and always will. I think the U.S. is simply a player in the global economy and awareness -- not the most important, not the central player, merely A player. If/when the economy finishes collapsing, people will rise to the occasion. I believe they will return to a place where they once were, where people gave a crap about each other. They were not so far from the Savannah then, and they knew they needed others to augment their survival.

As a global species, we will all rise to the occasion. I believe this. I think human species is much like a student in college counting the days before an exam -- the average student might flip through the pages of notes and textbooks and might even study a bit, but the REAL work comes just before the event. We are our best in the face of impending doom.

I think it's possible that the worst thing that could happen in 2012 is............. nothing. I think our species might just elect to plod onward, without hope, without passion, without wonder.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

The government is more capable than you give them credit for.

Remember whom you are dealing with, they are Free Masons. People that have been using court system/religious manipulation for the past 2,000 years atleast.

The government fools the people of the world on a daily basis, it is one of their main professions.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
There are those working behind the scenes to stop 2012 events from happening while there others trying to make 2012 events happen.

2012 is a dawn of a new age.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   
IF something would eventually happen in 2012, I believe that we will advance our technology because of a scientific breakthrough.

But seriously, I doubt that anything dangerous will happen in 2012. We lack the evidence to actually prove that anything will happen at all.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
When/If 2012 Doesn't Bring The End of the World...

Conversation I just had with a buddy, who is an intelligent/skeptical sounding board for me:

should 2012 come and go without incident, I promise you this: you will never here me utter another syllable regarding the end of times/apocalypse/etc

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Dave157

I was with you on your first post about the transitional period bringing the "truth." To me, that is feasible.

You lose me on your follow-up though. People have been saying "The imminent collapse of the dollar is near" for the past year. That stupid webbot thing called for revolution, mass UFO sightings, and all kinds of ridiculous claims that never came to fruition. Then the people who run that webbot deflect the fact that nothing they predicted came true with "OH IT ONLY MIGHT HAPPEN" or "IT HAPPENED IN A DIFFERENT UNIVERSE, NINJAS FROM SPACE SAVED US." It's the same old tired rhetoric. There's no proof for it.

One of the things that interests me about 2012, is the unverified reports that psychics/remote viewers/etc, cannot see past this year.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by DocEmrick
reply to post by Dave157

One of the things that interests me about 2012, is the unverified reports that psychics/remote viewers/etc, cannot see past this year.

Either the world really does end (which I doubt) or humans are going to be on a different vibrational frequency at that time (New Age stuff).

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I am new to this site - on the "path" for 30 years +, authored two books currently on amazon and barnes and noble.com and just completed an 814 slide power point presentation entitled: 2012: Humankind at a Crossroads where I connect many disparate realms into a cohesive, comprehensive thesis: freemasonry, crop circles, law of attraction, ancient prophecies, the incongruities between quantum physics and the unwillingness of science to step beyond its newtonian explanation of causality thus preventing Humankind from moving into the next stage of evolution. And that is where my research has led me - We now have an unprecedented opportunity to move into this next stage but before we can, we must first pass a test of consciousness. Based upon all that you are delving into at this site, I would love to hear the comments or how I could fine tune this presentation so that others who are fearful of considering anything which lies outside the current paradigm of belief can begin to understand.

*Snip*

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

4) Advertising: You will not advertise or promote other discussion boards, chat systems, online communities or other websites on ATS within posts, private messages, avatars or signatures without prior written permission from The Above Network, LLC. You will not choose a username that is the same as website domain, subdomain, or URL for which you are associated. Doing so will result in removal of your post(s) and immediate termination of your account.

[edit on 1/1/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I think there will be great deal of crazyness on the day.

I think there will be rioting. many many bomb attacks.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
when/if 2012 does not happen then we just all go on with our lives. the ones who thought that it would, will do so. but the ones who "knew" that it was a hoax, they will use this opportunity to throw it in every ones face and feel like they are smarter and better than all though's who welcomed the non existing apocalypse. most nay sayers are saying nay not because they don't want the world to end, they are saying nay so that they can prove every one else wrong. if the world did end there would be no one left to say "i told you so". the nay sayers never get the dirt thrown in they're faces, but if the world does not end, then the nay sayers get to poke fun at all though's who believed. gaining pride for them self's and using it on others to feel superior. i my self do not believe the world will end in 2012, but when 2012 comes to pass and we are all still here i will throw it in no faces and the words "i told you so" well never pass my lips.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I believe that something will happen. I do not know if it will be something horrible or something good. But i firmly believe that something will definitely happen that will be life changing.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join