It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Napolitano:"The system worked"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
In her CNN interview Napolitano touts success of the Homeland Security system in place in the unsuccessful attempt to bring down a flight inbound to Detroit from Amsterdam. Now granted, we still don't know all thefacts, however what we do know is that this man was able to smuggle all the components necessary to build a bomb in-flight, was able to put them together in-flight, and was subsequently detained by a Dutch passenger after he screwed up the process somehow. So please, Janet, explain to me where U.S. DHS process worked or was even involved. It is also now being reported that the man boarded sans a passport. His father even reported him to the U.S. embassy 2 weeks prior and he wasn't on the watch llist. I make a post in support of the Tea Party movement on the internet and I am slapped on it. So PLEASE Janet Napolitano, how in the hell did the system work?

P.S. She needs to be fired before she gets alot of people killed.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

This person and many others are simple murderers. Alot of innocent people that have nothing to do with the american nut jobs who run these groups, are being murdered, just because they want people killed.

I wonder how many this gestapo head has killed?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
She's just trying to take credit for this failed terrorist plot because there are lots of suckers out there who will believe that Homeland Security did its job, even though the explosives simply weren't big enough to even kill the bomber or punch a hole through the fuselage.

They've got to find ways to justify 'Homeland Security' expenses at a time when public support for it is falling, including taking credit for other people's work.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
It worked, in the aspect that it, once again, proves that if anyone is relying on the government to do anything for them, they are guaranteed to be disappointed.

It is always funny to hear the different beauracracies passing the buck. So, this guy was put on one "watch list", but not another? He was on a "watch list", but not on a "no-fly" list? Amazing!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

It worked?

Known militant.

Reported by father to be expressing threatening intentions.

Carries bomb and detonator through "security."

Detonates bomb.

Funny that Napolitano is now claiming the "system failed miserably."
Napolitano on Today: "System Failed"

jw

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

This kind of bereaucratic ineptness, bald-face lying, and general political game-playing is the reason I left DHS. Ridge wasn't much better but this woman takes things to new heights. One of the main problems with the agency is that when an administartion level position opens they 99.9% of the time either outsource the position or hire from the outside rather than put someone in the position that has experience. For example, at OIA during my years there we had 3 different Federal Security Directors. Only the first one had ANY law enforcement/security experience. The other 2 were a hospital administrator and an accounting executive respectively. It is so infuriating to see something so easy to fix ( the requirement of experience) and these boneheads just continue on down the road like the tire hasn't come off the car.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Yeah I just saw that posted on Newsmax. Not only is she delusional, she can't keep her stories straight. Maybe next she will mandate that any foreign national on the Terrorist watch list be put into first class so the flight crews can keep a better eye on them.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by djvexd

These people will say ANYTHING to keep their sham "government" going.

Economy, security, energy, healthcare; it's all the same distortions to further their agenda.

jw

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
From her perspective, it worked because:

1.) No embarrassing loss of life.
2.) No air marshals needed to prevent this guy from setting the bomb off (as a passenger effectively restrained him), therefore, the air marshal budget reductions can continue.
3.) It provided another taste of fear to the public thus providing the justification for the continuance of her department.
4.) It immediately instituted more control over the public.
5.) It provided an opportunity to tout her department to the public.

All without DHS ever having to actually do anything to participate.

[edit on 28/12/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Wow! I predict the ol' "She just mis-spoke" defense, will be dusted off for this one. What an incompetent!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I'm sure he went to the bathroom, but in a comedic-ly dark re-imagination of the moment, I like to mentaly picture him in his seat at the time. With other passengers looking over at him every now and then like he has an out of control baby on his lap.

An old couple whispers to eachother
"Someone should do something about that."
"Oh, now he has a fuse!"
"Oh dear. Maybe we should get a .."
"HAROLD! Don't cause a fuss! Just sit down and finish your nap!"

It's particularly humorous in a way, because this kind of thing actually DID happen. However it was more realistically members of the dod that had this sort of back and forth.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
In Obama speak, this was a success. Just like, increasing unemployment means that the stimulous is working, more foreclosures and lower consumer spending means the recession is over, blizzards accross the planet are an indication of global warming etc.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kingofmd
In Obama speak, this was a success. Just like, increasing unemployment means that the stimulous is working, more foreclosures and lower consumer spending means the recession is over, blizzards accross the planet are an indication of global warming etc.

You've got this nailed down, don't you?

I've been telling everyone I know for 2 years that this guy would say anything to keep his agenda secret and to keep it going behind the scenes; or even in full view with the complicity of the MSM and the acquiescense of his "faithful followers."

I read his books when he started getting national attention to get an idea of who he was. They are frightening.

Nothing from his mouth can be believed. Watch his actions, do not listen to what he pledges, prays, promises or quotes.

jw

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Well you have won the grand prize! Exactly her excuse...good call.

top topics

join