It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people support the war on drugs...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Holiday

But hey lets not teach any of the real issues like self control, and worth to our youth, lets just pretend the WOD's is really working and deny the fact that its available to everyone, at all times.
Everyone knows an addict or abuser, so unless the ppl that just know an addict are edjucated, they are the ones that will fall for the false adverts from the WOD's political leaders, and advert pushers claiming victory and wanting more $$ to save the person they know.

Here in the bible belt just having rolling papers is against the law!
I recieved a ticket for parafernalia, because I had papers and no tobacco, I do roll my own cigs and was really out of tobacco, but thats the new law.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by Doc Holiday]

Wow! I can't believe they would ticket you for running out of tobacco (serves you right for not buying more tobacco, huh? haha)

and really, you hit the nail on the head there. This isn't something the gov't should be responsible for. This is a self-control issue being turned into a government-control situation.

Sure, it's all nice that marijuana is becoming legal BUT
what about coc aine?
what about heroin?
what about speed?
what about opium?
what about extasy?
what about '___'?
what about mushrooms?

and what, most important of all, about processed marijuana? Like, hashish, or baked goods containing some?

Now, I understand that most of those drugs listed ARE very dangerous and addictive - but the fact remains that no matter - prohibition or not these drugs WILL be around. And like the poster above said - it's available to pretty much anyone who really wants it.

If all drugs were to be legalized all at once of course, we would expect a huge rise in the number of drugs being imported but we MIGHT just find that while the imports are rising, the usage may not match - and so most drug dealers might lose lots of profit and disappear for the most part...

however gov't involvement with these heavy narcotics has become too much that this would lose lots of jobs within the gov't
drug czar
most of DEA officers
most of ATF officers
and of course, the FDA would have to completely re-make their lists!

well, this is just my opinion. but i fear that it's become too late to have an 'independent mind'

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LususNaturae
what about coc aine?
what about heroin?
what about speed?
what about opium?
what about extasy?
what about '___'?
what about mushrooms?

I would not support the legalisation of any of those drugs apart from 'shrooms as they are so dangerous and for many of them so addictive. But with 'shrooms nearly all the deaths (barring a few ODs) come from misidentification. If they were legal they could be grown safely and that threat would be gone.

Though I suppose that that argument could be used for any of the drugs on that list, that it is what they are mixed with that is the danger. So this argument may be null but just a thought.

-Cauch1

PS please dont ban me
I am not advocating personal use

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by LususNaturae

For an answer to your query about the various controlled sub's listed,we might look to Mexico's adventure.From MAJOR producer to allowing small amount possession.These substances carry both risk and benefits,hence the need for CONTROL,but not as is,in name only.

Actual control,like assessment of the mental/physical health state of user and taxing and regulation of dealers.Right now the black market sort of controls itself,for example,an ounce is an actual number of grams and usually weighed on a very accurate scale.

It could work,but not if the respect for the law is constantly eroded by their power drunken rough shodden ways.

A final note is the actual use is not restricted to one or another 'drug' but a cocktail mix,this and that,for the most part.One must know whereof s/he speaks from actual experience to get it right.

<< 1   >>

join