It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My prediction, 2040

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
30 years from now, in 2040:

*Technology will be quite a bit better than now, but it won't really seem sci-fi. I'd say the change from 2010-2040 will be comparable to 1990-2010, very large, but not really that amazing.

*The Middle East issues will have been resolved for quite some time. People will come to realize the War on Terror was generally a sham, and in apology the West will rebuild Iraq and Afghanistan. Jerusalem will become something of a free zone, and the West Bank will become the State of Palestine, and they will live in harmony and friendship with their Jewish neighbors.

*Pop culture in its centralized form will be dead, with the exception of movies, and music, fashion, etc will be identifiable more by location than by time period. Aside from the movie theatre, the Internet will be where all pop culture is distributed.

*Organized religion will fall apart, and people will worship, or not worship if they are atheist/agnostic, privately. The existence in an afterlife/other side will be more deeply believed in however.

*UFOs will never be totally disclosed, but most people will accept that they are here.

*The world's population will reach its peak around 2040 to 9 billion, and from that point on, start to slowly decline to about 5 billion. 70% of these people will live in and around cities.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
This part actually is beginning:

*UFOs will never be totally disclosed, but most people will accept that they are here.

I'm starting to believe it, even though they aren't disclosing yet, there just seems to be more and more strong evidence of it. Any person curious about his world or surroundings could no longer deny this possibility.

I'm sure I'm not the only one starting to come around.

The Universe is so big; it's highly improbable we are the only ones here. If ghost exist like some swear do, why won't alien life forms?

I hope you are right about the Middle East.

I wish it would happen sooner though..

[edit on 28-12-2009 by Uesugi Kenshin8]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I totally agree with what you're saying.

That said, you haven't made any bold statements (truth be told, there probably won't be any to make). Would you also predict computers will be faster and cars more efficient?

Is that sort of your point?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Thank you for introducing such a thought provoking topic. I appreciate your considerations on the subject.

I notice that most prognosticators err in that they predict things that they would like to see happen. Although I do not know you personally, I suspect that you have made that error.

Another error is an absence of a through knowledge of what exists today. Without it one fails to see the "big picture" and, thus, ignores critical pieces while over-emphasizing pieces which are inconsequential in the long-term.

To predict with any accuracy into the future one must have an understanding of the mechanism which drives the society in which we live: the human mind.

Incidentally, and you can mark my words, the discernment of the human mind as a mechanism separate from the body will be the story of the next 30 years. The details of how this will come about are inconsequential but effective technology will be developed that will eliminate virtually all physical and mental maladies of man (particularly insidious viral infections withstanding [HIV, etc]).

I see that you predicted that the Middle East issues would be resolved. We can all hope so. The only reason that this crisis has persisted and escalated in the way that it has is the insanity in the human mind; sane human beings don't attack members [of] their own species!

The Middle East crisis can take two courses, peaceful resolution through mutual agreement or nuclear war. Genuinely, those are the only two realistic outcomes. It is a race between the dissemination of that above mentioned technology and the insanity (and ability) of the players in the Middle East reaching the point of no return.

If the latter prevails the likelihood of the human population of Earth rising above 9 billion in this century is near zero. If the former prevails, that mark could be far exceeded. Only time will tell.

Staunch belief in organized religion and absorption in popular culture are also issues of insanity in the human mind (which is a gradient condition). The increasing depravity in both is just a symptom of the pathetic condition humanity has come to as a result of numerous errors in judgment (with respect [to] drugs most notably).

I could write a tome on the subject of the next 3 decades, but I'll simply invite those who wish to ask me to clarify anything that I have asserted to do so.

Truthfully,
Shane

[edit on 28-12-2009 by randolrs1]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
are you a supreme being? are you from another planet? are you from the future?

if you answer yes to any of the questions above. please tell me more. if you answer no to all of them, stop making predictions.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

Come on mate, this person isn't making any outlandish claims (oh what a breath of fresh air!).

All this person is offering is their opinion of what the world might look like in 2040. Not a supreme being, just a person's opinion like the vast majority of posts on this site.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Well,,at least its a 2040 predection,he has time to sell a few books then.

ROCK RULES ALL!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donnie Darko
30 years from now, in 2040:

*Technology will be quite a bit better than now, but it won't really seem sci-fi. I'd say the change from 2010-2040 will be comparable to 1990-2010, very large, but not really that amazing.

I would say it will be like 1960 or 1970 is to 2010, and the reason is we have been gaining knowledge at a ever increasing rate each decade and I don’t see it slowing down.

I think we will see the same rerun of data except CGI will be a lot better and so no one will trust any of it.

*The world's population will reach its peak around 2040 to 9 billion, and from that point on, start to slowly decline to about 5 billion. 70% of these people will live in and around cities.

I give it to 2030 then we will have a reduction in population in the billions from 2030 to 2040 with India/China/Africa hit the hardest. I don't think we will hit 9 billion for we will most likely have a few pandemics to slow us down.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
According to John Titor, you're so far off that you're definitely not a psychic.

You're actually so far off according to him, that with a prediction like that you probably won't even make it to 2040.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegaCurious
According to John Titor, you're so far off that you're definitely not a psychic.

You're actually so far off according to him, that with a prediction like that you probably won't even make it to 2040.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I don't know why people like you keep referring to John Titor when his techique of Time Travel is that akin to what you saw in the TV Series "Sliders." What he's from is one of many possible Futures. A different universe
. And since it 2010, and the big computer crash didn't happen nor did other things that really define his time line. I see a less darker and more peaceful future. And you seem to show that Donnie Darko. I have a question after the end of this post.

*The Middle East issues will have been resolved for quite some time. People will come to realize the War on Terror was generally a sham, and in apology the West will rebuild Iraq and Afghanistan. Jerusalem will become something of a free zone, and the West Bank will become the State of Palestine, and they will live in harmony and friendship with their Jewish neighbors.

I hope so. But the Killing can't last forever. Something will give to create peace. I don't really see anything happening until 2020 or so.

This is also true. I don't know why people think that our population will keep growing and growing. I do think that our population in the Continental US will reach about 600 Million. or so.

*Pop culture in its centralized form will be dead, with the exception of movies, and music, fashion, etc will be identifiable more by location than by time period. Aside from the movie theatre, the Internet will be where all pop culture is distributed.

I hate Hollywood, but why do I have to wait until I'm 60 yrs old. Go Anime Fans, Go1

*Organized religion will fall apart, and people will worship, or not worship if they are atheist/agnostic, privately. The existence in an afterlife/other side will be more deeply believed in however.

Not Quite Though. It will in most of the Developed word, but not that much in places where Technology is still pre 20th Century.

posted on Jan, 6 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
True past 50 years technology has gotten better exponentially.

By 2040, we're gonna have flying cars

LIKE THE JETSONS!

new topics

top topics

join