It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal Mart Vision Center: Ripoff!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Well Alxandro, that just sounds downright hateful to put it that way. Of course my eyes are important to me, but my husband and I have both lost time at work, we are on short weeks until there is a break in the economy or industry, times are hard for us right now. I went there trusting that I was going to get a fair shake. So it is my fault? I got shafted at Pearl Vision Center, after paying over 300.00 for a pair. I thought they were some of the best until I went there, also Sears Vision.

I shouldn't matter where you go, a person claiming to be a trained eye doctor should be able to get a prescription correct, this same person could work for any optical dept.

[edit on 28-12-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I stopped reading after you listened when they told you to give it a couple weeks for "adjustment".

Terrible on both parts. I have good experiences at their vision centers. Sounds like you just have inept people working there. It happens. Go higher up if you can. Talk to management. Walmart is a corporation all about pleasing the customer.

Best of luck.

PS- now that have your new prescription, go to www.zennioptical.com. Glasses & shipping for 12.95! I am a big fan of the site. I hope it helps you.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by fbnks]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by space cadet
Well Alxandro, that just sounds downright hateful to put it that way.

I apologize about the mullet comment, I didn't notice the Lynard Skynard signature.

Seriously, I'm really sorry if I offended you,
I realize times may be bad right now but relying on places like that for something as serious as your eyes is a big gamble.

300 bucks here, 150 bucks there...

Why not start saving up to do the Lasik thing?
May sound expensive but it's really not.
Only make sure you can trust the doctor first and don't bargain.

I shouldn't matter where you go, a person claiming to be a trained eye doctor should be able to get a prescription correct, this same person could work for any optical dept.

Sounds like a pre cursor to ObamaCare.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Walmart does it all these days don't they ?? pretty soon they'll have their own Speedy Abortion Center.

and as walmart flourishes, small business take the bite, laying off workers, cutting hours, then closing shop. Sure you save a few bucks at walmart, ... but the lot of you are selling your children's futures down the toilet, ... why do u think everything is so cheap ???

because its made in china or taiwan, sending all of our hard earned cash to boost their economy, while more and more american producers either close or move oversea's to compete with everyone else. it's ridiculous.

They take all of our hard earned cash, send it oversea's and keep the rest.

But hey, don't come crying to me when 20 years down the line the only job you can get is at a walmart supercenter at minumum wage.

were the glasses really worth it ??

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Apology accepted friend. I am not offended by the mullet statement, although I dated a few guys in my teen years who wore a mullet, I never opted for one myself, they tend to make women look like they are trying to look like a man, lol! I have learned my lesson, I will not use their vision center again. Even so, my friends tell me to keep the frames, they give me that sexy librarian look,

top topics

<< 1   >>

join