It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GAZA : One Year On : Remember Us

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by Haydn_17

So if the IRA had been firing rockets, you would have been behind a full scale invaision, with the the targeting of civillians, women and children. Using our fullest conventional military might to crush the Irish? Then blockade them and not allow aid to get to those injured by our bombing?
Why is it Ok for Israel to behave this way?

lets be honest Haydn, your hardly a fan of muslims are you? maybe you'd prefer it if all muslims were treted like this

I'm afraid that's how some people think. They base their ideas and reason on "muslim = terrorist" and "difference = danger" They're very simple like that.

You also have to consider that there is a vast campaign by Israel to attack any opposing opinion on the internet.
If you post anything remotely critical of Israel, you'll immediately find a hundred posters attacking them, calling them Nazi's, anti-semites and so on.

You cannot use common sense with these people. Nothing will convince them that they are completely wrong, and that they are supporting a murderous regime.
They simply have very little compassion. I imagine that they have no concept of right and wrong and no moral compass. They only have the vehement belief that Israel has a right to steal land, destroy people, take whatever they want using any methods they like. And they're arrogant enough to demand that others allow them to do it and not have an opinion to the contrary.

Trust me on this, no matter how many posters there are targeting this thread and others in the insane defence of that disgusting government, there are millions of others they cannot silence.
The vast majority of HUMANS (you know, those who don't support murderous governments) are entirely against Israel and their actions against the Palestinians.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
The vast majority of HUMANS (you know, those who don't support murderous governments) are entirely against Israel and their actions against the Palestinians.

Not true at all actually, even the Islamic countries want nothing to do with Palestine - even Egypt, which has a border with Gaza has blockades in place!
news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 28/12/09 by dereks]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Originally posted by detachedindividual

1. Israel murdered hundreds of innocent people. FACT
2. Israel prevents aid, food and medical supplies from entering Gaza. FACT
3. Israel used illegal weapons, tactics and committed war crimes against the Palestinians. FACT
4. Israel bombed a clearly marked UN compound. FACT
5. Israel ignores the will of the international community, while expecting that same community to support them.

Problem is your "facts" are not facts at all, just propaganda put out by pro terrorists

Oh gawd, you're really grasping at straws now.

So the UN, Red Cross, Human Rights Watch, Amnesty International are all "terrorists" now?

You guys really shock me, not with your claims, but with your stupidity. You think anyone believes you?
Seriously?

If it wasn't such a serious situation you guys would be funny.

The thread changes nothing. Millions agree that Israel is vile for what they are doing, regardless of whether they support Hamas or not. The argument has been done to death; idiots will continue to defend genocidal maniacs, and the intelligent majority will continue to exert pressure on the Israeli government through peaceful action and protest.

Either way, one day, Israel will be forced to pay for their crimes. I hope I live to see the Israeli government being forced by the international community to return that land to the rightful owner.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Thank you and it is okay what other (pro-Israel) supporters say, I do not mind at all. They are free to express their views like everyone else. Infact now I look forward to hear from them, the more I read their statements the more my conviction gets stronger against Israel policies and the more my heart goes to Palestine people.

I am ashamed to accept that a year before I had no clue whatsoever what was happening in Gaza/ West Bank. I did not know a single thing about Israel and Palestine but after Operation Cast Lead I started looking for more and more info. and the more I read and saw the more horrified I became.

Now a year later I have taken practical steps by writing to my city councilors/ representatives and various govt, institutions regarding this. I shared all this with all my friends and relatives and their frens. and relatives and so on. Urged them all successfully to many level to boycott all Israeli products and organisation supporting them.

In the end the truth will come out and these crimes against humanity will stop as they have in history. People like Mahatma Gandhi and Nelson Mandela never accepted defeat in face of oppression and overwhelming atrocities and we should learn from them to never give up.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

1. Israel murdered hundreds of innocent people. FACT

Israel should finished the job,I only wished they coulda done more.
Its hard fighting an enemy when they hide behind women and children.

2. Israel prevents aid, food and medical supplies from entering Gaza. FACT

LOL,,if there so hungry why dont they smuggle food in instead of Iranian rockets??
duhhhh

3. Israel used illegal weapons, tactics and committed war crimes against the Palestinians. FACT

Have you ever heard of shooting rockets indescrimitly and suicide bombers?

4. Israel bombed a clearly marked UN compound. FACT

War is hell,,# happens,,all in all I think they were to carefull actually..

5. Israel ignores the will of the international community, while expecting that same community to support them.

Who cares??

When will you people learn?

The people who need to learn are the paleistinians and Israel.

They were warned over and over again to QUIT launching their dam rockets,,
you may call them freedom fighters(lol),,,these thugs have killed 100's of their own,if they dont get their they turn terroristic.

If you so fed up why dont you get a visa and go help them and quit crying.

ROCK RULES !!!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GaryGlitterRules

The fact that you think Gary Glitter Rules, says a lot about you. Gary Glitter the serial pedophile. Maybe your trying to be ironic or maybe you just think pedophiles should rule. either way makes you look bad

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Here is an excerpt from the article which is covering the anniversary of Gaza massacre

A year after Israel's attack and after more than two-and-a-half years of blockade, the Palestinian people in Gaza have not surrendered. Instead they have offered the world lessons in steadfastness and dignity, even at an appalling, unimaginable cost.

It is true that the European Union leaders who came to occupied Jerusalem last January to publicly embrace Ehud Olmert, the then Israeli prime minister, - while white phosphorus seared the flesh of Gazan children and bodies lay under the rubble - still cower before their respective Israel lobbies, as do American and Canadian politicians.
But the shift in public opinion is palpable as Israel's own actions transform it into a pariah whose driving forces are not the liberal democratic values with which it claims to identify, but ultra-nationalism, racism, religious fanaticism, settler-colonialism and a Jewish supremacist order maintained by frequent massacres.

The universalist cause of justice and liberation for Palestinians is gaining adherents and momentum especially among the young.

Source:english.aljazeera.net...

and a detailed cover by Times on Gaza carnage
One Year Since Israel's Offensive, Gaza Still Suffers

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Ouch,what side of the bed you wake up on today?

ROCK HARD!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by GaryGlitterRules

Israel should finished the job,I only wished they coulda done more.

yeees, exterminate, exterminate, heil hitler...!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Israelites/Israeli and Canaanites/Palestinians SMH. Israelites need to be sure they are claiming the correct land given to them, if they cannot locate this land EXACTLY promised to them THEY SHOULD SHARE with the Canaanites. ANOTHER CONTINOUS battle between humans, very sad and GOD BLESS THEM all FOR not seeing they have been TRICKD BY THE evil 1.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
But why have the western born again christians ignoring tis. They said Israel is a sweet innocent nation

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Lack of replies here show most dont give a sh_t, I gues?

I wonder why?

Dont complain to the west!!

Why dont their their local neighbors help out more?(LOL)

LOL LOL

Most dont give a s__t about about them!
(I wonder why???)
So blame the west??????????????????

Going over my map book now,,maybe we should get Egypt to help and take down their blockaid???

I wonder why they dont??

LOL

The amount of money that pours into the Palestians is sick if you ask me.

After 911 and seeing them dance in the streets you expect me to learn and wake up?

You need ROCK MUSIC!!!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Star n Flag!
Good Thread

Sometime we forget R.I.Ps

Originally posted by GaryGlitterRules
So blame the west??????????????????

Tell me something
who financed operation cast lead?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GaryGlitterRules

It does not matter who other cares or not, what matters is if one himself / herself cares or not. For the matter I care and am very proud to do so and I know my friends and relatives care, and I know the people I share the info. with they care. Truth has a way of overcoming impossible atrocities as shown in history in Nazi Germany, Apartheid South Africa, British rule of India and now same way truth will come out against Apartheid Israel.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
The operation resulted in the massacre of over 1,300 Palestinians, the vast majority civilians, including hundreds of children.

1,300 people, killed in a 3-week war, is considered a massacre to you? LOL

If you think/believe Israel was deliberately targetting civilians, then you clearly indicate two points:

1. You have no idea what weapons, vehicles, aircraft, etc. the Israeli military has in its possesion or what the Israeli military is capable of, at all. (It sent about 10,000-25,000 troops into Gaza last year, which is no more than 8-10% of of its military strength on the ground)

2. You definitely have no idea how easy it is, from a military viewpoint, to target civilians. As a soldier, that's the easiest thing to do.

Had you understood these two points, you would realize that the civilian* death toll would've been above 100,000 and more than half of Gaza would have been levelled. The actual death toll is nowhere near that and I highly doubt Pallywood would be able to stage that many deaths in such a short period of time in the near future either...

*= I'm only going to mention civilians, since mentioning militants wouldn't help your agenda.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by DJAghetto]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJAghetto
1,300 people, killed in a 3-week war, is considered a massacre to you? LOL

Not just a one time massacre but an ONGOING massacre, genoice and holocaust.

If you think/believe Israel was deliberately targetting civilians, then you clearly indicate two points:

Not just me

UNHRC: Israel deliberately attacked civilians in Gaza

UN: Israel terrorised Gazans in war

UN Inquiry Finds Israel “Punished and Terrorized” Palestinian Civilians, Committed War Crimes During Gaza Assault

Factsheet: Human Rights Watch Report on “White Flag” Deaths in Gaza Assault

Last but not least you ignored the you tube video of Israeli soldiers themselves telling it all oh but can you ignore this

Perhaps you can but certainly the Human Rights can't. You are an anti-semite for denying this holocaust. If this is not Holocaust then what the Germans did in WWII was not a Holocaust either.

This is a methodical deliberately planned and endorsed method of Israel committing genocide on Palestinian people, nothing less.

[edit on 29-12-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Do you have a problem with people carrying Isreali flags?
Do you wish all Jews would suffer?

I think deep down you might just be a raging jew hater.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17

Do you have a problem with people carrying Isreali flags?
Do you wish all Jews would suffer?

I think deep down you might just be a raging jew hater.

I have a problem with the EDL using the flag at their protests for political reasons and to whip up a bit more tension with muslims. I think you would find most jewish people would agree with me on this point.

I'm lover not a hater, thats why you'll never find me at one of your protests.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

*Shakes hand*

thanks for being the voice of reason here on the EDL,I cant be bothered to waste time talking to them here

On topic-thanks for posting this OP sorry but I couldnt watch those vids of Israeli liars and warmongers who are put out to the media to tell every one how hard done they are and its not their fault!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join