It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goody's Powders: Miracle or Not?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
If you have ever taken a Goody's then you already know they give fast, complete relief of many many ills. So why do the doctors always say 'stay away from Goody's'??? I realized that without the powders, I have to take Celebrex for arthritis pain and tylenol for headaches. The cost difference is phenomenal, I can 5o goody's for under 10.00. I know that as with all aspirin products that it can hurt my stomach, but taken in moderation they do not bother it. I just wonder if it is possible that pharma and doctors do not want us to use the simplest and cheapest method of curing pain, instead puchasing expensive prescriptions?? Are Goody's really all that bad for us? They don't even sell them in a lot of states.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

I can't help you,sorry. I don't know what Goodys powders are. Are they something like aspirin? I live in Canada.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by pigwithoutawig

They are aspirin and acetamiphen in a powder form, they also have a dose of caffeine added. They are taken in powder form and that makes them work very quickly. If you had a hangover, it would completely turn you around and you would feel fine in a matter of 15 minutes. For arthritis pain, it stops the pain and leaves you feeling great in about the same time.Knocks out a headache like that too.

link:www.goodyspowder.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   

I checked it out on wikipedia and it doesn't seem to be all that dangerous. It says you get it mostly in the Southern States. Here's a link en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by pigwithoutawig

I know people have had instances of bleeding ulcers if they take too many of these, but, taken as directed they are great. I wonder why they have not been available to everyone? You mention them to any doctor though and they quickly tell you stop taking them.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Over here in Northern Europe we used to have a similar wonderful OTC medicine called Ring. It was reminiscent of a wintergreen Lifesaver in appearance. It contained aspirin, caffeine, ascorbic acid, and codeine. That stuff blew PMS right out of sight. I could work through anything on those things.

They took them off the market in the early 90s. I've suffered in silence ever since. I often wonder whether regulation is for our benefit or to our disadvantage. Well no, I don't wonder. I'm pretty sure it works against us on nearly every occasion. heh

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Here here Cosmic, that's what I am saying! Instead helping us save money by using products like these, they want us to purchase big money scripts! I sat in the lobby at my last doctors' appointment and counted 11 drug reps come in, in about 45 minutes. Granted it was just after their lunch, still, that is a lot of big bussiness getting worked up. Can you imagine the conversation between them? Do the doctors sit down with these guys or who?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Looks to be roughly equivalent to "Bex" (Becks?) my grandma used to take.

I can't see the problem. What does your Doc offer as a substitute?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by OZtracized

G'day OZtracized

Bex Powders were addictive because of the codeine.

They also caused kidney & liver damage.

It seems to me that Goodys Powders will cause the same problems/

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 28-12-2009 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Some people get addicted easier than others. I have a very high pain threshold, myself, and just plain aspirin or the like is not enough. Something has to be readily and legally available for my kind as well.

We are over-regulated. We must get our freedoms back and the sooner, the better. We don't outlaw things just because it affects some people adversely. If so, I want all money done away with because nothing good comes from the greed it inspires. Do away with alcohol too. Too many people can't tolerate it. Also, no more red meat. No animal flesh at all. It isn't good for our arteries. No cars. Too many car accidents involving innocents. Get my point? Enough is enough. Let us decide who we are and how we want to live.

I would love to be once again pain-free during my menstruation. As it is, I just suffer. My daughters (and those like us) have the same future to look forward to until we make our wishes made a priority to those who are meant to be providing a service to us.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Goody's Powders: Miracle or Not?

I never thought I would see this even suggested, lol! But you know what? You may be right!

Goody's and it's competitor, Stanback, have been curing ails and ills for generations. My parents swore by the stuff for doggone near everything from toothache to broken bones.

I keep a box of one or the other, depending on availability, in the medicine cabinet at all times. My kids won't touch it, though... they prefer mega doses of caffeine (coffee from hell) mixed with ibuprofen.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
You can still get BC powder here in Texas.....best cure for a headache or hangover!

posted on Jan, 2 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Goodys are truly the best thing for a hangover cure, migrane headache, menstrual pain, joint and muscle pain, and so much more. Unbelievable to me that they are not more popular, I know they have some side effects and can be dangerous if not used properly, but that is true of many otc and prescription drugs, if used correctly they are a an inexpensive and highly effective means of pain management. It just blows my mind that they are only sold in the south, and that every doc I have ever been to has told me to not use them, yet the alternative meds are more expensive and less effective, and in a lot of cases, narcotic.

top topics

join