It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very loud small expolsions 7-9 feet above the ground.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Something exploded in the air about 7-9 feet; 2 hours a go. I called 911 right when it happened they transferred me to the fire department twice. It sounded like a gun shot or a firework explosion. About 30 people in my area heard this and everyone agrees that it is not a car backfiring. Cars can not back fire unless they are running. There were no cars driving by or running at the time.
The police came out twice to investigate and found nothing. If something expolded or was fired wouldn't there be pieces on the ground? There were 3 expolsions total.
The police theorized that it could be a transformer that blew yet I confirmed with my utlity company I am not by a transformer.
Has anone heard of this; could this be a weather phenoma or something else??
I am confused and scared. I put in msyterious expolsions into an internet search but I come up with meteorites and tungska etc.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Probably fireworks. Possibly a sparkler bomb?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaytagg

Does that explode completely not leaving a trace?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
reply to post by Kaytagg

Does that explode completely not leaving a trace?

Any explosion leaves a trace. If you know the general area, I would assume that you could go looking for traces and collect anything that looks like metal or paper fragments in a plastic baggie.

Is there snow on the ground? If you carefully look for disturbances in the snow you should find a bowl shaped indentation from the shockwave of whatever the blast was.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Gas explosions. Probably swamp gas.

My guess, UFEs.

Let's keep our paranoid humor strong in the New Year.

[edit on 12/28/2009 by Jim Scott]

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott

Let's keep our paranoid humor strong in the New Year.

[edit on 12/28/2009 by Jim Scott]

I'd rather just cut through the bullcrap and get to the bottom of things in a humerus way.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

Could be kids setting off fireworks or m80s or something. Also might want to look into Exploding Head Syndrome.

I'm sure there's a fairly simple explanation, particularly if you live in a densely populated area.

Course there's always the off chance it's some bizarre Fortean event.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

no it is not that because 30 other people heard it. I saw the expolsion and I have looked over the area for any type of evidence of what happened. There was nothing there except for normal looking snow.
It could have been someone shooting at a duck but they missed? Won't that leave evidence though?
Maybe it was someone making meth because I have come across odd chemical smells before that lingers only in my area. The expolsion came from the same general area.
I know the people next to me have loud parties and often have thug type people over. It does not mean that they do drugs who knows.
As a writer I always tend to look for excitement or extraordinary circumstances in things that happen.
Not enough excitment in my life just strange boring things from time to time.
LOl

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I remember reading about something similar happening in some neighbourhood somewhere - it happened for months and it was a mystery until a bit of covert surveillance caught a prankster! - If I remember correctly he was doing something like filling condoms with a lighter than air flamable gas (butane??) - lighting a wick and letting them go
- Of course the only evidence was the loud bang and a shredded condom - and I think is was the sort of neighbourhood where you might see a few discarded condoms about any way!

Maybe someone else is playing a similar joke? Some gasses explode with hardly any flash...

new topics

top topics

join