It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A very simple technique you can try

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Hello Everyone,

This would be my first thread. I was doing some research the other day, and someone made a comment on a book I was looking up on reviews, and gave this YouTube link.

This would be Part 1 of 4. But the the technique was already given in Part 1.

It's about a simple technique (called Shen) that one could do for healing, getting rid of negative thoughts etc.

I tried it, and I really did feel better.. although subtle, I felt it nevertheless.

In any case I know it is possible that my judgment could be clouded because of my desire and inclination to believe in the spiritual side of things which include chi among others; and along with the fact that I am new to this stuff.

I do understand the concept of placebo. Anyway I hope it works and it helps.

Kindly share what you think, negative or positive, it's all good.

Happy Holidays

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Please be careful! I say this because you mentioned that you were somewhat unfamiliar.

Observation: You feel an effect from a source you are not familiar with. There is definitely SOME effect, perhaps there is a source?

What if the source is not placebo?

This places you in the position of interacting with "something" that IS effecting you, something that you are not familiar with or knowledgeable about.

Dangerous. Like opening doors in the dark, in a strange neighborhood.

Please be careful. Talk to others, not only people interested in these things, but people who have another option. Weigh these carefully, inform yourself, and don't be afraid to ask God for wisdom, guidance, and most of all, help with your needs. He loves you, and is not a stranger, after all.

He's helped me many times, for all kinds of things, and never brought up the past once. That's why I offer this as my own advice.

Inform yourself, friend!

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I want to comment on this but don't want a permab&

Use your own damn minds.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Copperflower

Advice well taken friend. I am under the assumption that energy or in this case "chi" is all a part of us, and it wouldn't come from anywhere but us as we have our own. No entities or anything, just plane old energy.

I do believe in God, and I'm happy for you that your prayers are always answered. I'm just very curious about a lot of things, but I do set some boundaries for myself. Some topics that I wouldn't go into, not because I don't like it but only when it doesn't resonate with me.

A comment on YouTube likens this to "The Sedona Method" I don't have that course yet, but I suppose it is some kind of meditation. This one I guess is some form of Tai Chi Chuan or Chi exercise.

Take care and God bless

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Happyfeet

Okay, but your comment is always welcome.

Kind regards

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this.
I'll look it up and report back
ps if I am not heard of again, just assume dark spirits have carried me away to the underworld

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
This guy in the video is using the Pran Mudra. I regularly use this mudra, with great results, while meditating... but without this Shen technique.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
You're welcome unicorn1.

At the risk of sounding like a new Agey guy, here goes.

Are you guys familiar with Jack Greenwood and his book "The Ultimate Power" ? it's an ebook that got great reviews on another forum, it deals with manifestation etc.

Now in that book Jack mentions a method of releasing, and that in order to successfully manifest your desires, you must be able to release or ground yourself.

Also there is a book titled "The Abundance Book" which also got great reviews in amazon and deals with a method of releasing as well.

Aside from the popular "Law of Attraction" belief that in order to get something one must not want it. Quite a conundrum I admit.

I've come into a conclusion based on those books and the great reviews that they are getting, that there is something to this releasing and grounding.

If this method, which literally takes seconds to do is indeed successful and is an effective way of releasing, then perhaps we could incorporate it in our own way of manifesting. May it be Health etc.

We could use it to release the wanting to get that something we want.. Did that sound correct?

Kinda confusing I know, but I know wanting something so bad doesn't work in order to get it; it never worked for me.

I find that I get the things I want, when I am in the state of mind when I am sure I would be getting it, to the point that I don't really care. It's just that I don't have anyway or control to get that state of mind at will; specially when under pressure.

There's nothing wrong with trying a different method.

Anyway it's just something that got me curious. I only started doing this yesterday, so I still don't have any concrete results.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
ive been doing something like that ever since i was a kid. i just seem to close my eyes and concerntrate on all the bad things leaving my body... one way or another and without looking like a tool doing it

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by soot black
ive been doing something like that ever since i was a kid. i just seem to close my eyes and concerntrate on all the bad things leaving my body... one way or another and without looking like a tool doing it

That's great. That is actually very similar to the method of releasing discussed in "The Abundance Book" by Larry Crane. I'm reading it right now; However I do find it a bit tedious as I am very new to this, then again no pain no gain.

How did it work out for you?

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Uesugi Kenshin8

you know... i have no idea i just picked it up as a kid and done it whenever i was sick. but when i meditate i try to feel my surroundings so to say.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 02:07 AM
link   
'Install patterns of protection' lmao...
I really hope hes not selling a book. You dont need stupid hand motions to feel good...

Also anata wa Nihonjin desu ka?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Happyfeet
I want to comment on this but don't want a permab&

Use your own damn minds.

Luckily my mind is not damned. Sorry about yours.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya
'Install patterns of protection' lmao...
I really hope hes not selling a book. You dont need stupid hand motions to feel good...

Also anata wa Nihonjin desu ka?

Really? Like in a massage? Those stupid hand motions feel really good then. I can think of about 100 instances off the top of my head where stupid hand motions can feel really good. You don't know what you are missing.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Thank you for this. I'll give it a try. I love that it takes no skill or patience I have neither.
Chi and Prana, are both essences of God spirit moving along lines of energy. I think these essences are either diluted or oppressed by everyday work energy which leaves us with all manner of aches and pains.
When you conjure up thoughts of healing, healing happens on the smallest microscopic level. Just like you might think I am lifting my arm and it lifts, you can also (through constant deliberative practice) control every part of your being on a cellular level. Only the highest yogi's are masters at this but if they can do it...in theory at least, so can we.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

You mean touching, not motions. Did you watch the video? Hes making hand circles and such.

Massage couldnt be farther from what hes doing.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ridhya
reply to post by rusethorcain

You mean touching, not motions. Did you watch the video? Hes making hand circles and such.

Massage couldnt be farther from what hes doing.

I hear you talking but nothing is really registering...I am not sure why?

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I tried it and felt nothing, hand cramped up a little bit though. Wasn't mentioned as one of the 'effects' one should feel from this exercise though. I didn't really notice anything change in my mood or any alleviation of back pain or warmth arising in the back area. I'm sitting near a heater that is on, practically on top of the damn thing, so perhaps this is masking any subsequent effects.

The guy who instructed on this technique came of a little odd to me, almost as if he didn't buy into it himself. Just seemed really blah and bland throughout the video without given any real meaningful explanation behind the mechanics of the technique and how the effects manifest themselves. Nothing I found meaningful in my opinion at least.

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
thanks for posting this useful thread...

i've tried too and i felt better after practice it-..

wait for another vid from you dude...

thanks

posted on Dec, 29 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   

i it about 4 or 5 times with my eye closed

once to stood up i felt a little better almost euphoric. idk cool

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join