It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamas enjoy private, secure Hawaii vacation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Seriously?
how much is this little outing costing us?
With unemployment int the 10's the Obama's feel it ok to waste our money on their dumbass vacation?
Wouldn't roughing it at the White house send a better signal?
"Due to uh...the fact that we as a nation...uh...are hurting financially...uh...I decided to forgoe our Hawaii vacation plans...uh...in Hawaii..."
www.usatoday.com...

The funny part is that the guy reporting the story could not find anyone that had voted for Obama

And why is the MSM not reporting on all the protesters lining up to protest him?

They went gaga over cindy sheehan and about 4 other whackos but they ignore the dozens protesting Barry??? per shame...

oh wait, I did find a couple local yokel Hawaii News reports.
www.khon2.com...

www.starbulletin.com...

I dare you to find an AP story on it.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by joey_hv]

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Give him a break!It's his first visit to Hawaii and he's heard so much about it ,who could blame him.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
Give him a break!It's his first visit to Hawaii and he's heard so much about it ,who could blame him.
NICE

star for that one, made me chuckle.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Ahh kinda like Nero fiddling while Rome burned
Well he did work hard this year
Come on all those tv appearances take alot out of ya!

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit

That is sarcasm I hear right? Just had to check to be sure.

When I saw the tour of the place, my first thought was its way over priced! Its not even that nice. It is nice and all but not THAT nice for the price. Did you see the room the girls will be sharing? If I was PONTUS, my kids would have a lot nice room than that for cheaper.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
He's been working really hard lately and deserved a decent family break -- Something to clear your head over the holidays. (Much like every other person needs/likes to have)
I get it -- No fun for the preZ, No relaxation, WORK WORK WORK

While he works you can continue to gripe about it

Where is the conspiracy? I see none.
Where is the point of this thread? " "

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by calstorm

It is a funny, see he is stating the fact that it is Obama's first visit to Hawaii when it should be his second visit...IF...he was truly born there..ha ha..get it.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by '___'omino

Lets see the point is THAT WE HAVE A CRIMINALLY HIGH UNEMPLOYMENT! people are losing homes, car and jobs!

I am sure he would have had a comfortable vacation in the whitehouse. The place is a freaking palace. Hence my "roughing it" comment.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv

Lets see the point is THAT WE HAVE A CRIMINALLY HIGH UNEMPLOYMENT! people are losing homes, car and jobs!

I am sure he would have had a comfortable vacation in the whitehouse. The place is a freaking palace. Hence my "roughing it" comment.

Its not really all that big -- Just looks big from the street
Things take time to fix, money is a little tighter but its not like the dust bowl or anything
your on the internet right now probably with a central heating system
Most of the ones losing stuff are in debt

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by joey_hv

This really isn't anything new. People were losing their jobs and homes in 2008 while Bush rode his bicycle around his ranch in Crawford. Hopefully you did post your outrage over those vacations that wasted tax payers money. Especially that vacation in December 2008 when the unemployment numbers were rapidly rising, banks were collapsing, the stock market was plummeting, and the Israel crises was in full swing.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
It's good to be king!

GWB spent lots of time in Crawford Texas. Um, presidents always go somewhere out of the D.C. to get away with their families. Jeeze, man, you expect them to stick by the oval desk for months while soldiers fight wars and stay in their tents for many more months?
Man, the decisions take the toll on the POTUS. They gotta get away so they can clear their head and enjoy their families.

Lemme tell ya, nothing warmed my heart more than seeing photos of GHWB on a yacht, smiling and fishing. Seriously! It gave me the strength to persevere while I was training and readying for the war against Saddam and the Iraqi army while we prepared to regain Kuwait and shutdown the escape routes for the evil Iraqi's as they tried to escape from Kuwait and head back to Baghad.

Did I begrudge the POTUS for having fun with his family while my family worried about me? Of course not! After all, I volunteered to be there. Yes?

Hey, the POTUS has his job to do, and I had my job to do. He just had more fun doing his, than I did doing mine.

Wouldn't that be nice, though, to just go on a government funded vacation with your family, while people are out of work, some even starving, some dying for some WTF war? All presidents do it. And they all disgust me.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Kaploink

I forgot the two wrongs make a right theory. thanks for reminding me.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Oh, come'on now. ole barry's gotta rack up some more miles on Air Force One.
At what point will he get down to actually working?

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

I think he is out of ideas. Nothing he has tried has actually worked and we are hated even more now throughout the world then before. At least with Bush we were feared/rspected.

I think Barry just said
"fk it, I'm gonna enjoy this whitehouse gig while I'm here, lawd knows I'll only be here 3 more years, may as well have fun in this mofo."

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by joey_hv

Oh come'on. I'm pretty sure in his and michaels world he's highly respected. I mean after all, he won the nobel peace prize for . . for (someone wanna help me out here?).
Personally my take on this clown. He doesn't want to get his hands dirty all he's interested in is his place in history; first blackish president, first sitting president to win the nobel prize for (see above), for passing a health care bill that nobody wanted and that will destroy medicine as we know it. And with the press in his pocket, history'll make him out to be almost god-like.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
next thing we'll here is that hes going on a yacht cruise with tiger and a couple of whores.....wouldnt surprise me......tiger and barak both have fake facades

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 65knowsbest
next thing we'll here is that hes going on a yacht cruise with tiger and a couple of whores.....wouldnt surprise me......tiger and barak both have fake facades
"I'm on a boat! like a boss!"

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 65knowsbest

I observe three things:
a) both Barak and Tiger are extraordinarily gifted individuals, each one in a class of their own
b) they aren't perfect human beings
c) you definitely exhibit "holier than thou" attitude. You also use objectionable language and insinuation. All in all -- pretty lame.

posted on Dec, 28 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Let's all take a breathe here...

What ever happened to Camp David? Do Presidents not go there anymore? It's actually a very nice place as I understand it...

Ah well... Even incompetent Presidents need a vacation now and then... Though I'm not sure I'd consider living in the White House much of a chore...

top topics

join